Miami Springs, FL

Posted September 30, 2014
Parents beware of this school principal protects teacher not students if a teacher scores high on fcat that's all she cares. if the teacher bully's the student by yelling at him in front of the class and making him embarrassed in front of his peers to the point that he don't even care to go to school that is bullying also. And when you ask from help she says I won't move him for class. And let's it scalate that is not school motivation for any student. I pulled my student out of this school I believe kids should be motivated no intimidated. And a good moral principal should off address the matter instead of doing nothing. My kid won't graduate with his friends do to principal not caring. But he will not suffer any more bullying. As a mother am his advocate and protector. The school district should investigate more as the here is favoritism in her part With other students that are the sons and daughters of teachers that work there and staff. A child should earn his grade and trophy not by favoritism but by his effor B

Posted May 12, 2014
I Am very disappointed this school year 2013/2014 for many reasons 1- general teachers do not care for the special kids learning 2- do not communicate or cooperate with the parents involvement 3- do not reward kids for their great effort 4- do not seem happy or enthusiastic to teach 5-do not read IEP or seem interested in helping the child in need 6- as general teachers they only focus in typical kids and isolate the ones with conditions 7- do not like taking workshops to learn how to deal with special needs children 8- this year there was celebration for Xmas, valentines , Mother's Day , teacher day or any event 9- the pick up and drop out regulations have created a block between teachers and parents communication/involvements 10- the only method of communications between teachers and parents is via email a longer process to reach teachers.

Posted April 08, 2014
I am very disappointed with this school. Teachers do not do their job: teaching the kids. My daughter comes home with almost no knowledge, I have to teach her and give her helpful tips for her to understand the lesson; she is in second grade. At first they made me believe my daughter had a hyperactivity problem because they want them to be static. From her two teachers, she always complain about one of them of being mean and screaming all the time which that of course is not helpful either. I am not having a pleasant experience in this school!

Miami Springs Elementary School 1

Posted April 02, 2014
At first it was a good school but has it's challenges. I am very disappointed at the work load the teachers give the children since it is now time for the FCAT. Every Holiday or "Break" is spent buying supplies and doing projects and "work packets" bringing undue stress onto the students and parents. There is no time to truly have a Christmas or Spring break with family and friends. The principal responds with school policy and that the teachers have the right to do this. Instead of making sure the teachers do their job during the year to prepare for FCAT they lay it on the parent. It is sadistic to put children in such a stressful situation.

Posted October 08, 2013
We recently moved to the area this past March in the middle of the school year. The principal, Sally Hutchings was so helpful and genuinely interested in the proper attention my girls needed to get into the groove of things. She even found some uniforms for the girls to get them started. The teachers have been hands on and open to answering any questions I may have. They are attentive to the students and their needs and provide such in a positive environment. We couldn't be more pleased with Miami Springs Elementary Community School!

Miami Springs Elementary School 1

Posted August 24, 2013
This School is Horrible.. The Teacher's do not have the patience to deal with the students... Very bad experience with this school and the staff HORRIBLE ...

Miami Springs Elementary School 3

Posted October 24, 2011
In the first grading period my child has had 3 different teachers, the principal says it's because class size, well class size has been around now for about 5 years. I was told by Ms. Hutching that maybe I as parent should call the governor and him to repel class size. Also, the homework policy is a joke many teachers DO NOT follow district rules, on many day my child spends up to 3.5 hours doing homework and to top it off sometimes it not even checked, but if a child missed 3 homework they are fast to give a Detention - how about when the teacher does not check 3 homework does she a get a Detention? "No" Take a look at the school rule 6Gx13- 6A-1.23 and you will be surprised what the school board rule is about homework. Get ready for the overload of homework from this school and no one at this school is on the side page from what I have been able to see. Specially the admin with teachers.

Posted March 28, 2011
Love this school! The staff is amazing and always willing to help. Everyone involved is very well rounded. I must disagree with the negative comments left by others.

Posted September 23, 2010
My children have attended this school since kindergarten. I find the school to be a great school. The administration has always been helpful and quick to respond to my questions. The teachers are excellent and could not ask for better teachers for my children. There is a sense of community in this school.

Posted August 17, 2010
Overall the school is okay. I am tired of asking a simple question and being shuffled around and finally being told by everyone to contact Miami-Dade Public School Administration. From the principal, vice-principal, etc., no one has a straight answer for you. Properly train your staff to answer questions. I called to find out why the time change was occurring in the school and was told to contact the Super-Intendant and ask him. This school lacks appropriate staff professionalism.

Miami Springs Elementary School
51 Park Street, Miami Springs, FL  33166
Last modified Miami Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Miami Springs Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top