Miami Springs, FL

Posted August 24, 2015
My son spent 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade here. The teacher in first grade Ms. Fernandez is out of this world extraordinary. Second and third grade gifted was awful. Poor communication, lack of effort from teachers, dirty school...honestly not a good school in an upper class neighborhood. I don't understand the grading of a ten because honestly on many levels it is lacking. Academically it is lacking, administratively it is lacking, in cleanliness it is lacking... Not a good school choice in my opinion.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted August 24, 2015
They listen to your perspective. However, I never saw a positive outcome to any concerns discussed by any parent.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted August 24, 2015
Kids are not meant to spend all day once they arrive at home doing homework. Teaching is meant to occur in the classroom. I understand the importance of reinforcement. However, when your child spends more than three hours doing homework and you need to teach them how to complete an assignment, a lesson was not taught.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted August 24, 2015
Not at all. Honestly, my son has these innate qualities but I never experienced any focus on instilling these values on the teachers end. As mentioned many times, this school is lacking in many areas.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted August 24, 2015
Don't believe any of this is focused on or even discussed. My son was hospitalized for many days throughout the year and the teacher didn't even make an effort to call or make contact with me.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted August 24, 2015
My son did not grow at all while he was here. He was in a gifted class and as far as having concerned and involved counselors and teachers it is lacking.

Posted June 10, 2015
I agree with both posts. Springview Elem. needs to be renovated, very old and dirty. That being said, I have two kids attending that school since Pre-K. My son has been failed time and time again from the lack of caring from some teachers and extreme lack of communication between the parents and teacher. I am very disappointed with the school system in Miami, very poor! I too am thinking of moving to Martin County (ie Stuart, Palm City.. ) up north, where all schools are A+ rated and kids have a different upbringing/education then the kids in Miami and teachers are move engaged in the students progress... Martin County here I come!

Springview Elementary School 1

Posted October 13, 2014
I agreed with the previous post. Unfortunately we had a horrible experience with the office staff at springview, the person in charge of admisions was extremely rude. It is sad to have such negative experiences in a school that is an A+. We really hope the school makes some changes. We love Miami Springs,however we are planing to move to a better school district. Our daughter is currently enrolled in a private school.

Springview Elementary School 1

Posted August 08, 2014
NO Stars for Springview. We had our son transferred out because this school is horrible. It was a content nightmare. Teachers have favorites, the school staff is also bad. No one is friendly! There is no respect for parents who want to be involved with their child's education. Miami dade county schools should really reevaluate this school and the witch of the principles.

Posted June 21, 2014
For starters, the Spanish program is useless.Students only do worksheets that they are given the answers to and write things down, afterwards we just talk. The best things about the school are the reading and science programs.Most of the teachers are really nice, but they pick favorites and some bully students to a certain degree and don't have justice for some students. Once, a student went into another's phone and sent a text to everybody saying f u and the student who's phone it was got in trouble.

1122 Bluebird Avenue, Miami Springs, FL  33166
Last modified Springview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Springview Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top