St. Rose of Lima School

Private | PK-8

Living in Miami

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $150,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,010.

Sweep tile

Posted February 25, 2014

Very good school my son has learned so much highly recommend this school he has been in this school for 4 years and next year I'm sending my 4 year old as well to this school super excited to know that she will be learning so much

Posted January 15, 2014

I have two children at St. Rose, one in 2nd grade and one in PK. I can not tell you how wonderful St. Rose has been. Every morning I drop the kids off, and they are greeted by students and teachers that tell them good morning, and make sure they are headed in the right direction. I have 2 other children that attended a different school on the beach, and did not find the environment there as loving. My kids feel secure, and my 2nd grader is reading on a 4th grade level. The academics, so far, has been better than those in the gifted program on the beach. I love St. Rose.

Posted October 19, 2013

My daughter is in her 3rd year at St Rose (started in pre-k) and my son just started pre-k this year. My experience thus far has been only positive. In fact, we decided to move to the neighborhood after my daughter finished pre-k just because we loved the school so much and felt so welcomed by the community. The staff are loving yet firm and my children's happy faces when they come home each day say it all. Many families that send their children here were former students themselves. Likewise, both of my childrens' teachers this year were former students at St Rose and that speaks volumes.

Posted April 30, 2013

My children are having the best experience. I can't begin to explain the pride they have for St. Rose and the love they have for their teachers. I couldn't be happier with this school!

Posted April 27, 2013

As a parishioner, I apologize for anyone who has had a less than wonderful experience at our parish. I realize there is room for improvement, however there are many wonderful people that make up our parish family. There are many ministries and opportunities to learn and practice our faith in addition to our masses. Many of our parishioners have been attending St Rose for many years, some families for generations. For example, our children attend the school as did my husband. As a parishioner and a parent at the school, I am grateful for having a community in which my family can continue to grow in faith. I pray our leaders can continue to improve our parish and strengthen areas that may need to be strengthen. Again I apologize to anyone who has visited our school or parish and has not felt the presence of our Lord. May God help us be a community that is able to share our love for God with all that come through our doors.

Posted April 22, 2013

I went to St. Rose, horrible experience the kids were rude they were such bullies, and the faculty/ staff never addressed this issue. Hopefully things have changed i graduated in 2004. Academically the school was great.

Posted April 14, 2011

If you do not live in Miami Shores, look for another school. It is a very close community school and social separation is an issue with kids who do not live near by. There is a lot of mean kids and there is no supervision during recess. Academic wise is OK, average. But could be much better in Math and Science

Posted March 2, 2011

I have three kids currently in St Rose. Our experience as a family has been ideal providing nurturing and excellent education with strong Christian values. The teachers have all been great. Many to of them have been there for years. Even though the class sizes are big, the discipline and organization of the school allows your child to grow into productive self sufficient students. Math and Science could be better in the upper grades. Spanish could be accelerated for Native Speakers.

Posted August 17, 2010

i love this school i went there untill second grade to finish my communion but the i went to other schools none of them compared to st rose they are so caring and everytime i see them the staff gives me a great big hug and now im going back in 7th grade i cant wait and they if u just moved in from another starte i would recomend going to st rose of lima in miami

Posted April 28, 2010

Excellent school!!! My son has been attending St Rose for the last three years since Pre K and he loves it. It has provided him with an excellent start to his academic foundation. The teachers have been exceptional and I have grown to love it.

Posted January 14, 2010

st. rose is a very good school but has a weak math and science program. it has p.e., art, music, computers, and library once a week. it is a catholic scool but as the students get older 4th grade and up they start to create mean groups like the cool groups and the sports groups

Posted January 13, 2010

saint rose of lima school is ok but has a weak math and science program, has mean students and is very costly
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 24, 2009

We are moving and my biggest regret is having to leave St Rose! If I could take the school with me, I would. They offer just the right amount of personal TLC, while emphasizing responsibility and discipline. The curriculum is age appropriate.

Posted December 10, 2008

st rose is the best school ever. Not too expensive and not too cheap and they even throw in church too.
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 19, 2008

St. Rose is a very nice and safe school where the environment is loving and the students are happy and well mannered. I am so happy that I am able to send my children there where they will have a 'safe' learing experience especially given the other scary options out there in Miami. The children learn a lot and do have their share of homework starting in Kindergarten. I think It is a bit much for the little ones, but this seems to be the trend these days. We just lost our fabulous principal Sister Nancy ovet the summer to another parish school. The new principal is in place and is nice, but is no subsitiute for the fun, charasmatic and energetic Sister Nancy. Overall, it is a wonderful, family inclusive environment and we are happy to have all 4 children there.

Posted June 25, 2008

St. Rose offers a strong curriculum including a period for Spanish in every grade level

Posted May 8, 2008

St. Rose of Lima is an outsatanding school not only academically, but also spiritually, and athletically. St. Rose offers a learning center for learning disabled students servicing children with ADD, ADHD, or dyslexia. It is a caring, loving, nuturing atmosphere where children are encouraged to do their best every day. Family values are incorporated into the curricula. Emphasis is placed on charitable works for the poor and homeless. The mission of the school is to educated the heart, the mind, and the soul of the student. It is truly a 'Great Place to Grow'.

Posted April 26, 2007

My daughter went to St. Rose up through the 7th grade. We then moved to a different state. Otherwise, she would have graduated from there. It lives up to its motto, 'A Great Place to Grow.' With 6 caring and dedicated nuns on staff, and teachers who have high expectations of their students (and of themselves as teachers), my daughters experience there was golden. Catholic values were firmly taught, education standards and benchmarks were followed, and the children's safety was closely monitored. There are many opportunities for creative expressions and extracurricular activities are stimulating and fun. I miss the school and its environment.

Posted February 5, 2007

well I left due to cost...and found the math is not up to speed at SRL It is still a wonderful school!

Posted April 18, 2006

The motto is 'a great place to grow' and it really is. It has high academic standards and is a caring community.

Two or more races 7% N/A
Asian 6% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Miami

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

425 Northeast 105th Street