Kingdom Academy

Private | PK-5 | 260 students

We are best known for our business based program and family involvement.

Living in Miami

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $138,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,340.

Sweep tile

School Official Point of View

Posted April 3, 2014

Kingdom Academy exists with the purpose of preparing young children to succeed now and in the future. We base our educational program on a Christian foundation with the purpose of developing character and resilience in our students to face the challenges this world brings. We pray every day for the Lord to bless us with His wisdom and one day be called Faithful . Please visit our website to learn more about our program www.kingdomacademyschool.com.

Posted April 13, 2014

My very out going daughter was very apprehensive to go to school in the mornings. We had an incident where after she was sick for over a week, we kept her home. At her return, I was told that we would be charged close to 200 dollars on top of the tuition. After another incident where the school failed to call me to let me know my daughter was sick, we decided to remove her. My daughter informed me that she told her teachers before nap time that she was not feeling well, and was told to go do her nap time, I was coming. I came to find her with a high fever, and expressing to me how cold she felt and had been trembling during nap time. I went to the school to let them know that my daughter would no longer be attending, and take care of whatever needed to be taken care of. After I left I received a voice message saying they had forgotten to give me the attendance papers to sign, that I should stop by. I received another call, this time the lady threatening to charge us extra and send me to recollection, even though we had already paid the month in full and 2 extra weeks. They are very unethical, it does not seem like they have your child's best interest at heart.

Posted March 4, 2014

My son has been at this school for 2 years now. Though it shouldn't matter, but for this review I need to mention that he does not speak Spanish, nor is he of Hispanic decent. The good: The school is very clean. The teachers seem to really care about the kids. There is a certain positive vibe about the place and my son does like it. His learning has been decent as well... though I'd like to see more progress... his teachers consistently tell me that he scores very high and is doing very well. The bad: A few teachers have a very hard time with English. How are they going to educate my son who does not speak Spanish? Teachers send update emails to the parents. Sometimes those emails have so many mistakes, it's really just embarrassing. EVERYTHING costs money. Uniforms, water day t-shirts, field trip t-shirts, field trips, events, bring this, bring that, bring school supplies, EVERYTHING! Considering their tuition, they really should not be charging for certain things, or at least not that much. I can understand you sell a uniform at cost, but they are making money on them, and a lot of it.

Posted February 6, 2014

No recommend this school. My soon was crying when he was going to this school.. and now he's really happy with the new school... I don't understand why?? the teacher wrote a review?? It's no supposed to be? It's ridiculous!

Posted January 9, 2014

Kingdom Academy is the epitome of learning. Since bringing my daughter to this school, I have seen her grown and surpass any expectations. I have seen her develop wiser, bolder, and imaginative. The school strives in hiring personnel who have a passion for preparing the children for a prosperous future. My daughter's teacher is a wonderful example of how a committed and inspirational teacher should be. Every day she goes above and beyond her requirements for the well-being of the students. She embraces their achievements and challenges them to the next level. She is not only a teacher but a mentor. I can say that after searching for an place with an educational system that embraces my child and makes her a "prodigy of the future", Kingdom Academy is that place.

Posted January 9, 2014

It is a blessing to have my daughter participate in the Kingdom Academy elementary program. They actually care for the student s well-being a progress. My daughter's teacher strives for excellence in academics as well as discipline and redirection. During her time at Kingdom, my daughter has developed more confidence. She looks forward to go to school because she loves her teacher and is excited to learn.

Posted January 9, 2014

I am a teacher at Kingdom Academy. During the afternoon yesterday I was in a meeting, so I was outside of my class. When I walked back into my class, all of my third graders yelled "Ms. Acker!!!!" I responded with "hi guys, I was just in here". They were so excited to see me even though I hadn't been gone that long. They responded with..." We know we just saw you but we love you, you are the best, we missed you." I am sharing this to say...no matter what I may go through in my personal life, I can always count on my students to make me feel better and brighten my day. Every morning that I walk in to work I find a sweet message written on my board from all of my students. It warms my heart. I truly love what I do and I am blessed to be able to do it with/ for such an amazing group of kids. I would like to thank each and every one of you parents for allowing me to teach your angels, and Kingdom Academy for giving me the opportunity to teach in such great environment. May God bless this new year!

Posted November 27, 2013

If you are looking for a school that is truly dedicated to the educational, developmental and emotional needs of your child(ten) .Kingdom Academy is it! They genuinely strive for excellence and are dedicated in every aspect of meeting the needs of all students. My review is long over due as my children have been attending KA for close to 3 years. The teachers, teacher assistants, administrative, staff, and school support staff have positively influenced their growth. One of my children exhibited behavioral issues that was challenging and the principle verbally stated they would not give up on my child. With unconditional love and support from teachers and ALL staff, my child has excelled and overcome behavioral/emotional challenges. They offer a rich curriculum, a variety of extra curriculum activities, and an awesome summer camp program. My children are very happy at KA. Throughout the halls of the school parents will always see displays artwork and educational projects. Words are not enough but if I had to select 3 it would be Dedicated, Passionate, and Loving!

Posted November 26, 2013

It's a really bad school. The director it's the most impolite person... she never help the parents.... this school it's really expensive. I have many problem in this school it's the worst school in kendall

Posted September 26, 2013

I am a parent of a 9 year old. My child has been in this school since he was 2 years old. Our experience in this school has been wonderful and unforgetable. Throughout the years, the staff and his teachers have been magnificent with us. I could not ask for a better school that dedicates their time and love like this one. They are very professional and always willing to go the extra mile for us. I don't only see it with my child but with all the other children as well. I am very pleased and thankful to Kingdom Academy.

Posted September 7, 2013

My grandchildren attend Kingdom. All of my worries about leaving them in their morning program dissipated when I saw the youngest one laughing and kissing his teacher. She is very loving and caring. I though it was going to be a place where he would go to play and have fun. But soon I realized that he also has to do homework! My oldest grandchild attends kindergarten. His teacher is very sweet. She made me feel welcome from the first day. I love the pictures she sends during the week of him engaged in classroom activities. Their hot cooked meals are like the ones I cook at home. I must admit, my daughter did a great job in picking Kingdom. I highly recommend the school!

Posted September 3, 2013

I have had both my kids in this school and I recommend it. The teachers are fantastic and very caring! My older son learned how to read and write in no time. The teachers always communicated with us how our kids were progressing. My younger one is still in this school and could not be happier. I have never experienced anything negative.

Posted August 20, 2013

Unfortunately I have not had a great experience at this school. Since very early on I noticed very rude and unprofessional behavior from Teachers and Administrative Staff members. I brought up several concerns I had as a parent to the Administration which only fell in deaf ears and left me very upset and frustrated. It is the worst feeling in the world when you try to give the benefit of a dought to your child's teacher and Administrative Director when incidents happen. But then left with ignorance and complete disregard for the child and parent who is trying to bring light to issues in the classroom. I had to leave this school due to many mishandled incidents and unaddressed problems with their system. My child cried and pleaded every day not to go there and now that he is in a new school has gone into his new class with a huge smile and a happy heart. A child should always be heard and a parents concerns addressed. Not ignored or swepted under the rug.

Posted August 15, 2013

The teachers at Kingdom Academy truly care about the academic, social, and emotional development of their students. This is a great place to send your child.

Posted August 15, 2013

I am a new teacher at Kingdom Academy school. I love my profession, and can not imagine myself doing anything else, because this is truly my passion. Over the years I used to discuss with my husband and family about how I wished I could work in a place where I could find people who truly shared this passion that I have for children and education. Thank God I found this amazing place!! Kingdom Academy is like Magic Kingdom to me as a teacher. I love everything about it. I have worked in 2 other schools and can not compare to this one at all in anything. The personal from the office are truly hard workers and beautiful people. You will always find the owner in the school making sure that everything is working the way it should be, and you can really tell that this is like a dream come true for her, because she really cares about the school. She does not see it as "a business", she sees the school as a place where our children can grow up in knowledge, wisdom and character and I am sure that every child that leaves the school is to make a difference in our society. My coworkers strive to do an excellent job and you can really tell that they love children as much as I do...

Posted August 14, 2013

The school is amazing. the teachers really care about my son. I wish they can have middle and elementary school so I can leave my son there forever.

Posted August 14, 2013

I have been with this school for over 10 years. It feels like a second home to me. Everyone that works there is really united and it really feels like a family. Working for Kingdom is not only a blessing but a privilege. I have seen other teachers and parents leave and come back because they couldn't find a school as amazing as ours. Im sad to see that some parents dont feel the same way. I can assure you as an employee and as a human being that the administration cares so much about their staff and the students. I pray that somewhere along the way, they realize how blessed they were to be a part of the Kingdom Academy family. P.S. To that parent who wrote that the students didn't receive religious classes, you're right. We don't teach religion. But we do teach about the Bible and we teach Christian principles: be kind to others, be helpful, be obedient, etc. the students receive those classes once a week and we have the BEST Bible teacher in the WORLD!!!

Posted August 14, 2013

Great teachers, amazing academic program, fun afterschool activities, YUMMY food and tons of love...our family LOVES Kingdom Academy!

Posted August 14, 2013

I am extremely pleased mother, starting from the administration staff and the owners who have always treated as an important part of the school. the experience of my children in this place has always exceeded my expectations, my children are treated with respect and love for her teachers and staff. Academically I love the way they teach the children I like the methods that are used and things that implement each year to improve the quality of education. the school has a remarkable progress in both the physical and in the academic and that makes me feel confident that I chose the best place for the education of my children, I recommend 100% this wonderful place, also curiously my kids never want to leave school and that is sign of how good they feel. God bless kingdom academy school and hopefully new generations have the opportunity to grow and learn in this lovely place!

Posted August 14, 2013

THANK YOU to all the teachers and administrators at Kingdom Academy. My daughter has learned so much this year in VPK. She is entering Kindergarten and is already reading, adding, subtracting and most of all LOVES to learn. She can't wait to start school on Monday. As a parent, I LOVE that my daughters teacher is already sending me emails introducing herself and making sure we feel comfortable with her transition into Kindergarten. It is going to be another GREAT year at Kingdom. Thank you for all you do.

Posted August 14, 2013

My kids have been coming here for the past two years. Leaving them with their teachers feels like leaving them with family. When my boys get to school they RUN inside and hug their teachers. THIS IS A GREAT SCHOOL!

Two or more races 3% N/A
Asian 0% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Dance teacher(s)
Gifted specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
Special education coordinator
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • State of Florida Gold Seal (2014)
  • Recognition of Literacy Achievement Million Minute Marathon (2013)
  • Recognition of Inaugural 21st CCLC Earth Day Celebration (2013)
Community service awards received in the past 3 years
  • Certificate of Appreciation Autism Speaks (2013)
  • School Choice Leadership Award (2014)

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Speech and language impairments
  • Special education coordinator

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

Foreign languages spoken by staff

Health & athletics

• Access to sports fields
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

School start time
  • 6:30 am
School end time
  • 6:30 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 6:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:30 p.m.
  • Ms. Paola Margary
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • 305-385-3761
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 2 years old
  • Coed
Special schedule
  • Extended/longer school day
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Mathematics
  • Religious
  • Science
  • Technology
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

Foreign languages spoken by staff
Extra learning resources offered
  • Tutoring
Transportation options
  • School shares bus/van with other schools
  • Access to sports fields
  • Art room
  • Cafeteria
  • Computer lab
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Playground
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • The Children's Trust

• Drama
Media arts
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Chess club
  • Drum line
  • Yearbook

Photos

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Tutor