Miami, FL
Students enrolled: 1,148

Posted June 24, 2015
My son has flourished in this school both academically and in its the Arts program! Wonderful teachers .

Posted June 15, 2015
My daughter has been at Zelda-Miami Arts Studio for 2 years. I have to say that she loves the school and so do I. Last year her English Teach Ms. Vans (I hope I'm writing that correctly), was so amazing to her students that my daughter would look forward to that class more than anything. She is in Theatre class and absolutely adores Mr and Mrs Garcia. They are strict but so loving and will bend backwards for those kids. She has made such amazing friends from amazing families. The school is kept immaculate. The last day of school which you might think would be chaotic, went by so smoothly you would think it was just a regular day. The new principal Mr. Balsera is great with the kids. My daughter has indicated she plans on staying in this same school until Senior year.

Posted June 14, 2015
My child has been at Zelda for 2 years and the experience for both our child and as parents has been outstanding! Please do not let the negative reviews affect your school choice. The teachers and administration staff have been excellent. They truly care about each student. The theater drama magnet program has been above and beyond our expectations. The Principal and assistant Vice Prinicpals are very professional and they really care about each student's success. The security is great and it's important knowing that not only are our children safe but they're also getting a great education. Homework is adequate that allows plenty of time for completion. It's important for parents/guardians to take an active role in their child's education. Your voice will be heard if you have any feedback. Get involved when you can - your child will appreciate all that you do as parents. Remember the step from elementary to middle school is a big one, but with the smaller student size of Zelda and the caring teachers and staff you can rest at ease. We are so happy with our decision to send our child to Zelda and you will be too if you and your child enter with a positive attitude. Be sure to ask questions at the orientation, open house, etc. Keep the lines of communication open through out the school year and you'll find this is the BEST middle school in the Kendall area ~ we love Zelda Glazer!!!

Posted May 08, 2015
My child has been going to this school for about two years now and i have to say that if i could rate the school a 0 i would. The teachers have so much attitude and rudeness. My daughter has a teacher named Ms.Granda and everyday she comes home crying that she was rude to her she was scared to go to her class the next day. The administration is the worst part about the school. Especially the assistant principal Ms. Diaz. She treats the students horribly and its so sad that many parents dont even know how thier children are being treated.

Posted May 03, 2015
If you are coming to this school join the magnet because when you are in the magnet you are going to be benefited greatly. I am a student meaning that I myself am giving you a first hand view at what this school is really like... I am in seventh grade and in the Theater magnet, the teachers are indeed strict but they are strict for a reason and the test scores don't lie. The gifted program will prepare you so that you can go further and now that we are partnered with FIU the sky is the limit with you being able to take college classes. Now we are processing to be a High school with its excellent I can only wait to see how great it can be. Leaning wise you don't have to worry because the teachers will even tho you may not like some they WILL prepare you and make you greater. So I strongly recommend your child or you yourself go to this school.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 03, 2015
I do not like how your school treats the students. They're kids not prisoners you don't have to scream at them to tuck in their shirts or give them a detention for forgetting they're IDs really this school is definetly not a great school it's a horrible prison

Posted December 12, 2014
Our experience at this school has been wonderful. Our child is in the Vocal magnet and we couldn't be happier. From the amazing administration, dedicated teachers and great office staff, the transition from elementary to middle school has been seamless. There are great things happening at this school and we are so excited to be a part of it. Amazing school !
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 02, 2014
I been on Zelda GlaZer for only 1 year and going to 7th grade. I could say this school is really good. Teachers and administrators are working really hard to serve our community the right way. For that i say thanks to all my school. They had done a great job , now that Mr.Balsera our new principal has done a lot of new things. Teachers are not all that nice but most of them have a good personality. I am happy to be at this great school!
4 people found this helpful

Posted November 14, 2013
This school is horrible the principle is always drinking coffee and giving people attitude. I hate this school
5 people found this helpful

Zelda Glazer Middle School 3

Posted March 06, 2013
I am a parent. I do like the school because it's new and modern, it also looks very clean. The office staff are very professional and informative. Most teachers are good with some exceptions, of course... nothing is perfect! The administration is just ok. I have been there many times and i have never seen the Principal around, only the Assistant Principals. When you give a complaint, no one seems to care, they don't even return your calls, you have to keep calling until you get their attention... It feels like they don't want to be bothered with parents. It's a shame!

Zelda Glazer Middle School
15015 Southwest 24th Street, Miami, FL  33185
Last modified Zelda Glazer Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Zelda Glazer Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top