1,392 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Academic wise it's not great school. Some nice teachers that really want to help the kids other teachers have been teaching too long and are tired just waiting to retire. Only there for the paycheck. Principal is great but he needs to get some new teachers that want to put in the effort. School is no longer an A school :(

What made me rate the school at four stars is that the administration is mean

Most of my friends go there and they told me everyone is friendly and it's a nie and good environment

Amount of homework: Agree

Both of my children are part of the GIfted program and they both received more home learning in elementary school than they do at this school. I feel that the home work at this school is fair and adequate. I am very pleased.

From the moment that you walk into this school, you feel welcome and that your child is part of something amazing. We are truly happy that our child attends this school.

This school overall is incredible. I'm in the Drama magnet and going into my sophomore year. I came into this school when I was starting at the high school and most of the teachers here are amazing and you ACTUALLY learn. I've made so many awesome friends that I look forward to seeing everyday. Our arts program is out of this world!!!!! No matter which magnet you apply for, I guarantee you'll love it. The administration are extremely nice and care for all the students, and our principal, Dr. Balsera, runs this school pretty well. I'm very happy I chose this school and I wouldn't leave at all. I recommend this school 100%.

My son has flourished in this school both academically and in its the Arts program! Wonderful teachers .

My daughter has been at Zelda-Miami Arts Studio for 2 years. I have to say that she loves the school and so do I. Last year her English Teach Ms. Vans (I hope I'm writing that correctly), was so amazing to her students that my daughter would look forward to that class more than anything. She is in Theatre class and absolutely adores Mr and Mrs Garcia. They are strict but so loving and will bend backwards for those kids. She has made such amazing friends from amazing families. The school is kept immaculate. The last day of school which you might think would be chaotic, went by so smoothly you would think it was just a regular day. The new principal Mr. Balsera is great with the kids. My daughter has indicated she plans on staying in this same school until Senior year.

My child has been at Zelda for 2 years and the experience for both our child and as parents has been outstanding! Please do not let the negative reviews affect your school choice. The teachers and administration staff have been excellent. They truly care about each student. The theater drama magnet program has been above and beyond our expectations. The Principal and assistant Vice Prinicpals are very professional and they really care about each student's success. The security is great and it's important knowing that not only are our children safe but they're also getting a great education. Homework is adequate that allows plenty of time for completion. It's important for parents/guardians to take an active role in their child's education. Your voice will be heard if you have any feedback. Get involved when you can - your child will appreciate all that you do as parents. Remember the step from elementary to middle school is a big one, but with the smaller student size of Zelda and the caring teachers and staff you can rest at ease. We are so happy with our decision to send our child to Zelda and you will be too if you and your child enter with a positive attitude. Be sure to ask questions at the orientation, open house, etc. Keep the lines of communication open through out the school year and you'll find this is the BEST middle school in the Kendall area ~ we love Zelda Glazer!!!

If you are coming to this school join the magnet because when you are in the magnet you are going to be benefited greatly. I am a student meaning that I myself am giving you a first hand view at what this school is really like... I am in seventh grade and in the Theater magnet, the teachers are indeed strict but they are strict for a reason and the test scores don't lie. The gifted program will prepare you so that you can go further and now that we are partnered with FIU the sky is the limit with you being able to take college classes. Now we are processing to be a High school with its excellent I can only wait to see how great it can be. Leaning wise you don't have to worry because the teachers will even tho you may not like some they WILL prepare you and make you greater. So I strongly recommend your child or you yourself go to this school.

Last modified Zelda Glazer Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.