1,983 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

Everything is always so clean and organized, it makes smaller schools look bad by comparison.

My son attended this school for Kindergarten and the first half of 1st grade, when he was offered a spot on a nearby charter school. Getting him out this school has been one of hardest decisions of our lives. For the time he was there I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to care for him, going beyond their duty in many occasions to help us with any concern. His Kindergarten teacher became our friend. The aftercare staff was always available every time we had an issue and showed us time and time again that they really cared for our son's well being. Overall everyone in the school was always friendly and treated our son with genuine affection. To put this in context I must say that my wife and I both have full time jobs, we are not the kind of parents that are always in the school and tend to have a more intimate relation with the teachers. I have to assume that the level of commitment and care that the staff showed us is the same they show to every other family. My son even requested that we pick him up late, because he enjoyed being in aftercare so much. I picked up a happy kid every single afternoon.

This school is one big mess, I am a student there. I was supposed to get out of esol probably a year ago, but the school thought it was greate idea to keep me in for 3 more f****** years!

Both my sons have attended Aventura Waterways and have loved their atmosphere. My kids have had an opportunity to have the best teachers. Because of this they both have grown academically and emotionally. The teachers are very supportive and responsive every time I have reached them. As a single mom, working full time, I can definitely say that teachers have ALWAYS been supportive and compassionate with both of my sons. My oldest who attended the first year since the school opened is graduating next month. Until this day, he goes back and his teachers, counselor, and assistant principal remember him. This is how caring teachers, counselors, and support staff have been. I feel very lucky to have my kids at a school where the principal is very strict and involved in the education for all children.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Both of my son's teachers are effective because they know extremely well how to balance love and care with teaching and learning.

Disorganized and school is full of bullying and they don't know how to solve. One of worst experience. Thinking about moving out of Aventura because there is no school option. Good area, bad schools except charter, but almost impossible to get in.

Excellent teachers. Great staff. Although the school is big each student is treated individually. They could do better in building sports school teams.

I like the school, the teachers, the education program and the infraestructure. The teacher is available when I need it.

My daughter went to AW for 4 years. K through 4th The staff in the front office is super nice and helpful, not once was anybody rude to me. The principal is also very approachable. Hunted him down once in the lobby with a concern, he listened to me and fixed the issue in less than 30 minutes. Don't get me started on ms.Mitchell., the guidance counselor, she will work tirelessly to solve any problem. Talked to one of my friends for 2 hours on a Friday night !! My problem is that I never knew there was one , until I transferred to a school in Jupiter. From all elementary schools in Florida AW ranks in the 73rd percentile the school in Jupiter is in the 97th percentile. Check out schooldigger ! Couldn't figure out why that was. Now I can. My daughter came home a week ago and stated that for the first time she is actually being taught something. Perhaps she meant effectively. No more tears and endless time spent explaining homework. Everything is now "so easy ". The class notes are in color and neat.However going to Aw she would have so much free time during school, the kids would bring coloring books and other things to keep busy while teachers talked in the hall ways.

The school has a great staff. Even if it is a big school every kid is well known by the teachers. Excellent teachers.

Last modified Aventura Waterways K-8 Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.