1,983 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Both my sons have attended Aventura Waterways and have loved their atmosphere. My kids have had an opportunity to have the best teachers. Because of this they both have grown academically and emotionally. The teachers are very supportive and responsive every time I have reached them. As a single mom, working full time, I can definitely say that teachers have ALWAYS been supportive and compassionate with both of my sons. My oldest who attended the first year since the school opened is graduating next month. Until this day, he goes back and his teachers, counselor, and assistant principal remember him. This is how caring teachers, counselors, and support staff have been. I feel very lucky to have my kids at a school where the principal is very strict and involved in the education for all children.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Both of my son's teachers are effective because they know extremely well how to balance love and care with teaching and learning.

Disorganized and school is full of bullying and they don't know how to solve. One of worst experience. Thinking about moving out of Aventura because there is no school option. Good area, bad schools except charter, but almost impossible to get in.

Excellent teachers. Great staff. Although the school is big each student is treated individually. They could do better in building sports school teams.

I like the school, the teachers, the education program and the infraestructure. The teacher is available when I need it.

My daughter went to AW for 4 years. K through 4th The staff in the front office is super nice and helpful, not once was anybody rude to me. The principal is also very approachable. Hunted him down once in the lobby with a concern, he listened to me and fixed the issue in less than 30 minutes. Don't get me started on ms.Mitchell., the guidance counselor, she will work tirelessly to solve any problem. Talked to one of my friends for 2 hours on a Friday night !! My problem is that I never knew there was one , until I transferred to a school in Jupiter. From all elementary schools in Florida AW ranks in the 73rd percentile the school in Jupiter is in the 97th percentile. Check out schooldigger ! Couldn't figure out why that was. Now I can. My daughter came home a week ago and stated that for the first time she is actually being taught something. Perhaps she meant effectively. No more tears and endless time spent explaining homework. Everything is now "so easy ". The class notes are in color and neat.However going to Aw she would have so much free time during school, the kids would bring coloring books and other things to keep busy while teachers talked in the hall ways.

The school has a great staff. Even if it is a big school every kid is well known by the teachers. Excellent teachers.

Building looks like a penitenciary. Too much security gives the opposite impression but security (you can not enter the school unless you pass many filters) Assistants do not help much most of the times, They give contradictory advise. Only some teachers are affordable (I must say my 9 year old child was very lucky because her teacher was excellent), others just ignore your child (my 5 five year old was lost in a 40 children class with two young and not very experienced teachers) If you can take your child other do it. I did not like this school much. On a 10 basis si give a 4 to this school.

It is an excellent school. I would recommend it. The principal is very open to suggestions and discussions.

Not very impressed with the teachers, specially 1st grade/gifted. Overcrouded class - impossible to have a environment with quality to teach the kids. Lunch time is crazy - Kids have no control.

Last modified Aventura Waterways K-8 Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.