Miami, FL
Students enrolled: 1,875

Posted October 08, 2014
My daughter went to AW for 4 years. K through 4th The staff in the front office is super nice and helpful, not once was anybody rude to me. The principal is also very approachable. Hunted him down once in the lobby with a concern, he listened to me and fixed the issue in less than 30 minutes. Don't get me started on ms.Mitchell., the guidance counselor, she will work tirelessly to solve any problem. Talked to one of my friends for 2 hours on a Friday night !! My problem is that I never knew there was one , until I transferred to a school in Jupiter. From all elementary schools in Florida AW ranks in the 73rd percentile the school in Jupiter is in the 97th percentile. Check out schooldigger ! Couldn't figure out why that was. Now I can. My daughter came home a week ago and stated that for the first time she is actually being taught something. Perhaps she meant effectively. No more tears and endless time spent explaining homework. Everything is now "so easy ". The class notes are in color and neat.However going to Aw she would have so much free time during school, the kids would bring coloring books and other things to keep busy while teachers talked in the hall ways.

Aventura Waterways K-8 Center 5

Posted April 09, 2014
The school has a great staff. Even if it is a big school every kid is well known by the teachers. Excellent teachers.

Aventura Waterways K-8 Center 1

Posted January 24, 2014
Building looks like a penitenciary. Too much security gives the opposite impression but security (you can not enter the school unless you pass many filters) Assistants do not help much most of the times, They give contradictory advise. Only some teachers are affordable (I must say my 9 year old child was very lucky because her teacher was excellent), others just ignore your child (my 5 five year old was lost in a 40 children class with two young and not very experienced teachers) If you can take your child other do it. I did not like this school much. On a 10 basis si give a 4 to this school.

Aventura Waterways K-8 Center 5

Posted October 20, 2013
It is an excellent school. I would recommend it. The principal is very open to suggestions and discussions.

Posted October 08, 2013
Not very impressed with the teachers, specially 1st grade/gifted. Overcrouded class - impossible to have a environment with quality to teach the kids. Lunch time is crazy - Kids have no control.

Posted September 27, 2013
Teachers have been good to great but too many kids in the classroom. Weird lunch times. Front office staff seems stressed and unfriendly. It is difficult to get help from the front office. The principal and vice principals are difficult to contact when questions needs to be addressed. Overall, it is a new school and there is good use of technology but we are disappointed in how the school is run from an administrative level.

Posted September 26, 2013
My child has been at this school for 3 years and is in her fourth year now. The school is wonderful! The staff is great, the teachers are very motivated in helping the kids. The only reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5 is because of how crowded the school is. But even with that being said, the staff does an amazing job keeping up with the students. My daughter has been very happy here and I would definitely recommend Aventura Waterways to other parents!

Posted September 26, 2013
We rate 3 stars for the school overcrowding; certain rude staff in the registrar's office (esp the heavy set Latina who sits at the front desk) and the fact that they don't have a school nurse (unconscionable - Dade Public schools); 5 stars for her kindergarten teacher! Our child is doing well and loves her teacher!

Aventura Waterways K-8 Center 1

Posted September 01, 2013
Incredibly rude staff and ridiculously overcrowded classrooms. Its no wonder more and more parents are turning to home schooling.

Posted August 14, 2013
because this school is new. it used the last technology to teach student. the teachers are very helpful and work hardly to promote the school.

Aventura Waterways K-8 Center
21101 Northeast 26th Avenue, Miami, FL  33180
Last modified Aventura Waterways K-8 Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aventura Waterways K-8 Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top