1,983 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted May 25, 2016
Both my sons have attended Aventura Waterways and have loved their atmosphere. My kids have had an opportunity to have the best teachers. Because of this they both have grown academically and emotionally. The teachers are very supportive and responsive every time I have reached them. As a single mom, working full time, I can definitely say that teachers have ALWAYS been supportive and compassionate with both of my sons. My oldest who attended the first year since the school opened is graduating next month. Until this day, he goes back and his teachers, counselor, and assistant principal remember him. This is how caring teachers, counselors, and support staff have been. I feel very lucky to have my kids at a school where the principal is very strict and involved in the education for all children.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 25, 2016
Mrs. Bormann: the best teacher my son has had. He loves her and I know in my heart she is an amazing human being. She is always willing to help. Mrs. Ruanno: for always pushing my son to the next level and yet allowing him to gain confidence. Mrs. Mitchell: for always seeing the best in my younger son and encouraging him to be a good human being. Mrs. Sierra: for always being compassionate with me as a parent and guiding me to the best options for my oldest son.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 25, 2016
Both of my son's teachers are effective because they know extremely well how to balance love and care with teaching and learning.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted May 25, 2016
My son has had a reading specialist with him for 2 consecutive years. This has made a world of a difference in him loving reading and developing a better vocabulary .

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 04, 2016
Thank you dear teachers: Ms Cavanaugh Ms Abijail Mr Correderas Ms Marrero For everything! Your support, your incentive. We will never forget. We miss you all. Rocco Mariano

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted March 08, 2016
Ms. Sierra is nice person who try to help. I think she is best school member.

Aventura Waterways K-8 Center 1

Posted March 08, 2016
Disorganized and school is full of bullying and they don't know how to solve. One of worst experience. Thinking about moving out of Aventura because there is no school option. Good area, bad schools except charter, but almost impossible to get in.

Posted March 16, 2015
Excellent teachers. Great staff. Although the school is big each student is treated individually. They could do better in building sports school teams.

Posted January 25, 2015
I like the school, the teachers, the education program and the infraestructure. The teacher is available when I need it.

Aventura Waterways K-8 Center 3

Posted October 08, 2014
My daughter went to AW for 4 years. K through 4th The staff in the front office is super nice and helpful, not once was anybody rude to me. The principal is also very approachable. Hunted him down once in the lobby with a concern, he listened to me and fixed the issue in less than 30 minutes. Don't get me started on ms.Mitchell., the guidance counselor, she will work tirelessly to solve any problem. Talked to one of my friends for 2 hours on a Friday night !! My problem is that I never knew there was one , until I transferred to a school in Jupiter. From all elementary schools in Florida AW ranks in the 73rd percentile the school in Jupiter is in the 97th percentile. Check out schooldigger ! Couldn't figure out why that was. Now I can. My daughter came home a week ago and stated that for the first time she is actually being taught something. Perhaps she meant effectively. No more tears and endless time spent explaining homework. Everything is now "so easy ". The class notes are in color and neat.However going to Aw she would have so much free time during school, the kids would bring coloring books and other things to keep busy while teachers talked in the hall ways.

21101 Northeast 26th Avenue, Miami, FL  33180
Last modified Aventura Waterways K-8 Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.