Posted April 02, 2014
We are very pleased with the school, my son is a senior there and was accepted to an Ivy League school, other Seniors have been awarded prestigious scholarships, including every Ivy League school as well as MIT, Georgia Tech. The principal works really hard to keep high standards...if you forget wearing your bell she will make you wear hers. I know some teachers there I wish every kid could have one like them.

Posted April 02, 2014
A great environment for students filled with countless opportunities that can make any student feel right at home. While coursework is intensive, its all accounts for excellent preparation for future years.

Terra Environmental Research Institute 1

Posted March 04, 2014
I used to attend Terra and I disliked my experience there so much I transferred after 2 years. Honestly the school is all hype. The principal only cares about the image of her precious school and doesn't care about her students. The counselors aren't much help and it's impossible to find a decent teacher.. This school may have excellent academic ratings but the students aren't happy there.

Posted February 25, 2014
My son is currently a Junior at this great school. I can only say good things about the school. My son loves it, he says that he likes the fact that the school has a zero tolerance on bullying. We also had an issues at the end of his sophomore year but the principal and assitant principal were very helpful and rectified their error. I recommend this school to any kid that is interested in the Biomedical, Robotics and Environmental. Kudos to Ms. Carie Montano, the Principal.

Posted October 28, 2013
TERRA has exellents programs and good teachers, my son is in Biomedical Academic and he loves the program, also he loves the food!!!

Posted October 08, 2013
Terra is a great school ! I was very reluctant coming from private school to enroll my son. He is a very happy sophomore. The parents are very involved and the Principal is feared !!! I am sooo happy about that ; she runs a tight ship.

Terra Environmental Research Institute 4

Posted September 27, 2013
My daughter is new to Terra & the public school system. She couldn't be happier, she states that she feels she is really learning. The teachers have her respect because she feels they really know the material, not having to rely on notes & textbooks to lecture. They present the material in a manner that keeps the students involved. The teachers & policies are strict, which keeps everyone in check. The students are friendly, she made friends the first day. All of her teachers are young & vivacious with a no nonsense attitude, and I am very pleased! I can't give it 5 stars yet because time will tell

Posted September 15, 2013
This school is most likely the best school i have ever been to cosidering my home school is horrible this is like a castle to me. The minute you walk in you can't just go in without a smile on your face it has a learning atmosphere and is great in technology use. My teachers love to teach they are great and they try to do their best in letting you understand the subject. Yes the school is strict but it wouldn't be such a good school if it wasn't. We are a nerd school and im proud. Not only are we nerdy we are athletic and we have enough motivation to move the country. Dont ever doubt that this school is bad we have lots of clubs and sports to choose from. Fun electives and alot more. The teachers love to reach. They we made for it. Dont ever doubt this school and im happy i didn't

Posted September 12, 2013
This is an excellent school. I believe it is one of the best schools in Miami-Dade County. I recently attended open house to meet my daughter's teachers and for the second year in a row, I left the school stunned by the caliber of educators this amazing principle has been able to join together. The teachers are gifted in their ability to connect with the kids, motivate them, and allow their character and self confidence to develop. The kids, themselves, motivate each other to do better. They are students that are interested in learning and doing well; good influences all around. Honestly, this school is a rare gem. Its better than private.

Posted September 11, 2013
I've avoided writing an reviews of my school to 3 years because I know things change from year to year. For better or for worse. As a senior now in TERRA I can say that past the occasional kinks and mishaps that you'd expect from any school (especially one that is as new as TERRA) I'd have to say our school is everything a high school SHOULD be. I won't go to the extent to say that 100% of our faculty and staff are incredible, sharp, and experienced people but it wouldn't be any exaggeration if I said 90% of them are. The few teachers and counselors that aren't exactly welcoming and knowledgable are still helpful overall. Quite a few of my teachers over the years have doctorates and nearly all of them have advanced degrees and field experience in their study. I can understand how there's a big gap between positive ratings and negative ratings for this school because either you love it, or you can't handle it! The classes are intense, and the work is challenging but if you're at TERRA you're expected to be the very best you can be. We may not have that "high school experience" but it's something different, new, and ultimately better! The TERRA experience.

Terra Environmental Research Institute
11005 Southwest 84th Street, Miami, FL  33173
Last modified Terra Environmental Research Institute is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Terra Environmental Research Institute Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 49 reviews.