Miami, FL
Students enrolled: 1,799

Posted April 20, 2015
Terra has unfortunately disappointed us. My biggest regret is that I didn't pay more attention to the negative reviews on this site. There are good reasons for them. It has been a miserable year for my freshman. The above mentioned algebra 2 teacher is beyond ridiculous with the amount of homework that is regularly assigned. There's something seriously wrong with a school that expects still growing and developing teenagers to sacrifice sleep due to all the busy work they have to take home. I'm sure none of the teachers or administrators take home so much work that they sleep 3-4 hours a night. But this is sadly what is done to the students here. My daughter has practically had to teach the subject to herself all year. Don't let the outward appearance deceive you. The reality is that the students are unhappy there. I believe the only reason it has good test scores is because there are many bright and gifted students that attend. The administrators don't really do much despite multiple complaints from parents. There may be a few good teachers there but most of them are just downright awful.

Terra Environmental Research Institute 3

Posted October 03, 2014
I can tell you. I'm a freshman and I have been here for a little less than 2 months and I absolutely hate it. The algebra 2 teacher is ridiculous and gives pounds of homework even after she had a fight with some parents at open house (including mine.) The counselor Mrs. Miller is very arrogant and likes to make the incoming freshman feel horrible, I know I felt that way. She would not let me take AP World History because I had a 'B' in my U.S History class in the 8th grade. The principal could care less, and administration and staff are incompetent. The BioMedical teacher is the only good teacher. I certainly hope all parents out there realize that TERRA is just a screen. The principal only cares about her precious school. The school lacks the arts and only has a 6 class schedule. I feel that TERRA is okay, not anything special. I should have gone to Coral Reef. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THIS SCHOOL IS NOT WHAT THEY SAY IT IS, RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN AND DON'T LOOK BACK

Posted September 08, 2014
This is a great school, but it depends what you are looking for..... This is a school that focus that your child have the highest motivation , education and aptitute to assist to the best universities. If your child wants to play a sport and/or if he/she is competitive in one sport, this school is not for him/her. There are sports to participate but not in a competitive way. There are no many activities like other school. For my children, is the best school that I can choose!!!

Posted August 25, 2014
This school is all HYPE HYPE HYPE!. They make it out to be much better than it really is. The teachers are inexperienced. The counslers are the worst and the prinicipal only looks out for herself. My son was taking dual enrollment classes that were picked by the counslers and they were all wrong and was not able to get credits for them! People it is not what you think. There are masses of students consistently leaving the school daily. My kids were miserable and they Do Not learn anything. I thought my kids would be so happy but life is too short to have your kids and yourself unhappy. People I say Run, Run and Run.

Posted April 02, 2014
We are very pleased with the school, my son is a senior there and was accepted to an Ivy League school, other Seniors have been awarded prestigious scholarships, including every Ivy League school as well as MIT, Georgia Tech. The principal works really hard to keep high standards...if you forget wearing your bell she will make you wear hers. I know some teachers there I wish every kid could have one like them.

Posted April 02, 2014
A great environment for students filled with countless opportunities that can make any student feel right at home. While coursework is intensive, its all accounts for excellent preparation for future years.

Posted March 04, 2014
I used to attend Terra and I disliked my experience there so much I transferred after 2 years. Honestly the school is all hype. The principal only cares about the image of her precious school and doesn't care about her students. The counselors aren't much help and it's impossible to find a decent teacher.. This school may have excellent academic ratings but the students aren't happy there.

Posted February 25, 2014
My son is currently a Junior at this great school. I can only say good things about the school. My son loves it, he says that he likes the fact that the school has a zero tolerance on bullying. We also had an issues at the end of his sophomore year but the principal and assitant principal were very helpful and rectified their error. I recommend this school to any kid that is interested in the Biomedical, Robotics and Environmental. Kudos to Ms. Carie Montano, the Principal.

Posted January 15, 2014
I go 2 dis scuul not very challenging but den agen I'm pretteh smart ^.^.^ xoxox I LUV it so fun much nice people not many mean many pokemon players! Hehe! Xoxoxo baieee

Posted October 28, 2013
TERRA has exellents programs and good teachers, my son is in Biomedical Academic and he loves the program, also he loves the food!!!

Terra Environmental Research Institute
11005 Southwest 84th Street, Miami, FL  33173
Last modified Terra Environmental Research Institute is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Terra Environmental Research Institute Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top