Public charter
Miami, FL

Posted May 31, 2015
Pleased to confirm our 5th year along with all the changes for the better have exceeded our expectations. Looking forward to continued enrichment for our children with the Bridgeprep team.

Posted October 30, 2014
Our children have been at the school for a few years now. We can honestly say that this year has been a huge change. The new administration and the turnaround of the school is a wonderful way to start the year. We can't wait to see what else is in store for our children. Very happy with the transformation.
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 25, 2014
I love this school! My daughter entered into 3rd grade and my son started Kinder this year and we are very excited with the new school year! This year they made several changes but it's been such a smooth transition. You can only see they've made wonderful improvements and replacements. The staff are great, very professional and they particularly have a great eye for picking amazing teachers. There are new programs (sports and academically related) this year, which is exciting! My daughter always tells me how much she loves her school! This is what every parent wants to hear and a confirmation that as a parent you made the right choice. I am confident that the school management team will continue making positive choices that will only benefit the students. Looks like the teachers have been well trained and are prepared to implement the new curriculums, which eases my concerns. They've also added security and upgraded classroom equipment and more! Great start to a new year!

Posted August 21, 2014
I am very PLEASED with the start of this school year. Wow what a drastic change its truly has been a full turn around. My kids love their teachers. The new Principal is amazing, the AP is amazing as well. Great way to start the year! We are very lucky.
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 17, 2014
Wow..."Out with the old and in with the new"...As a real parent of 4 years, it worries me that the posts below can be written by 'real' parents. If so, with a mindset like that, the quality of the incoming children will be as low as that of the parents. Rather than a welcoming approach, strong critique about previous administration when you truly had no chance to truly be around them. Is it really new parents writing below OR maybe "Non-Parents" just posting as such?????...hmmmmm.....will never forget "It takes a village to raise a child"...with all this 'sudden' change i'm concerned our village is turning more into a camp simply doing its best not to raise a child but "to raise" $$$$$$$

Posted August 01, 2014
Out with the old and in with the new... Yahoo! No more drama; happy to give the new team a chance to meet and great, enrich and teach our children and start fresh. I have no reason to jump ship. All my best from a vet parent. Amen. Happy summer!
3 people found this helpful

Posted July 31, 2014
I too am looking forward to the new school year, but I disagree with the previous review regarding the previous administration. The previous administration was entirely professional and attentive at every level, especially when it came to academics. I have decided to give the new administration a chance, but a newly remodeled school is not my concern, unless an indoor lunchroom is added. Quality and consistency of education is the most important. As to the countless families, teachers, administrators and staff that left, I understand their decision and wish them well. They will truely be missed and were all key players in establishing the great community sense we have ALL have enjoyed here. "IT TAKES A VILLAGE TO RAISE A CHILD." Disappointed and saddened in the sentiment expressed in previous review. In every school when there is change their is drama, but to publicly thank the parents that left for giving up their seat shows the type of new families we may be getting and that there is more drama coming our way. I hope it works out but I am definitely looking at all my options. The new administration has big shoes to fill and I wish them well.

Posted July 31, 2014
It truly saddens me to read the previous review regarding the school s run down administration. They were a very hard-working and superb group of people that tried their hardest to make sure every persons needs were met while still keeping their work very professional. It baffles me how a new parent coming into this new school year has so much to say about the previous administration. Especially how they know that a multitude of kids as well as staff members have left the school this year when I (a parent that has been in this school for 4 years) did not know about these events until very recently. I don t understand how the administration could have been so unsatisfactory when this school has been an A school for the past 4 years, as a result of the same staff that has been receiving such negative comments. The administration as well as the teachers, staff, and parents have been a fantastic asset to the school thus far, and it is a shame to watch The Village come apart. Nonetheless, I wish nothing but the best to the new coming administration and staff and hope that they one day too, get to raise the bar higher than what the preceding administration has left behind.

Bridgeprep Academy South 4

Posted July 30, 2014
I resent all the negative comments that are posted regarding the PTA. Being part of the PTA requires a lot of time, hard work and dedication. As an involved parent, I will say that I joined the PTA to make sure that all the funds raised would REALLY go back to the children. We always alternate our meeting (morning/evening) to help with everyone s schedule. Unfortunately, the same handfuls of parents are the ones that volunteer or attend our meetings. How much is raised and how the funds are used has never been a secret. If would ve attended our meeting, you would know that a copy of the Treasures report is always handed out. We truly ask parents to please volunteer, help and participate with the PTA. If you are concern, please get involved and participate with the elections. That is the only way that you will really know what is happening behind the scene.

Bridgeprep Academy South 1

Posted June 18, 2014
My husband and I were so excited our preschooler was going to attend Bridgeprep Academy South this Fall. We went through the whole enrollment process and received our BAS acceptance letter, then soon after came student registration at the South Campus but a week later an emergency meeting for the parents of the Kindergartens was called to inform us that all of the Kindergarten classes are being moved to a new location where the meeting was held at St. Catherine's Catholic Church to make room for the expansion of the 7th grade classes. I am still shocked and disappointed, my husband and I believe that Smart Starts Management provided false advertisment-misleading you by signing up for the South Campus location and then forcing the child to attend another location for only the Kindergarten classes. No concern for the child only the bottom line; add more grades so, more students bodies can be added in order to make more money. Smart Starts Management you give Charter schools a bad name!

Bridgeprep Academy South
10700 Southwest 56th Street, Miami, FL  33165
Last modified Bridgeprep Academy South is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bridgeprep Academy South Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top