Posted April 29, 2015
My child goes to Kindergarten at this great school. This has been a great year. The teachers made the transition easy for ger and for me and the teacher is very responsive to my emails. There is always opportunities for me to participate in school events. The school makes it easy for the parents to keep updated about monthly happenings. There is a great sense of community among the parents! Academically I have no complaints, my child came in at 0 and is now doing better than I thought possible thanks to the patience and dedication of her teacher. I feel blessed to have my child in such a great school. Keep up the great job!

Posted April 29, 2015
My son went to this amazing school from Kindergarten to 5th grade. I can't say enough great things about this school. The teachers are true professionals and dedicated to their students 100%. No child falls through the cracks because the teachers, administration and staff makes sure each child gets what they need to succeed. The principal, assistant principal and PALS (PTO) president have monthly meetings where ALL parents are welcome to discuss school happenings, and any questions and concerns parents wish to bring to the table. The events are very well organized and allow for plenty of parent participation. I love this school and I feel incredibly lucky to have my child be a part of it!

Posted April 29, 2015
Pinecrest Academy North is an excellent school. The teachers care about the students and prepare them very well for the challenges ahead. It's clean, safe and nuturing. I would recommend this school to any one looking to challenge their child.

Posted March 10, 2015
This is the second year in the school and last year thankfully. So dissapointed!!! I am taking my children to another school because of such bad expirience here. drop of and pick up is crazy, not safe , parent and teacher communication terrible, disorganized for every single event!!! no motivation !! if your child is failing they dont even contact you or offer you any solutions!! teachers are young and unexpirienced!!
5 people found this helpful

Posted September 15, 2014
With the new parking regulations that the school's administration is implementing this year we are having a difficult time picking up and dropping off our kids. This is getting very dangerous for the safety of children and parents. I think someone has to do something about it before there is a tragedy. Cars are not respecting the school zone speed limit and since the administration is not letting any one park in the school's parking lot parents and children are crossing streets with heavy traffic like flaggler. I hope someone can do something about it.
6 people found this helpful

Pinecrest Academy (North Campus) 1

Posted July 09, 2014
Has no understanding of what a Kinder garden teacher should portray to the 5 year old students. What a big disappointment. Had to take my son out in the middle of the school year. Every day was a different complaint and not only my son, but sit a day at the office and it will be a parade of parents yelling at the kids (kinder garden students)... They want soldiers ppl, stay away!
5 people found this helpful

Posted May 19, 2014
This school is wonderful it's great my daughter got a perfect 5 last year the teachers are really nice and the communicate with the students a lot they try to make learning fun i recommend this school it was nominated by the Florida govener and is #1 school in Miami-Dade by fcat scores
2 people found this helpful

Pinecrest Academy (North Campus) 1

Posted May 14, 2014
I feel the teacher communication is terrbile. I agree wholehartedly with the last parent about the independence expected of our 6 year old children. I would not recommend this school to anyone.
2 people found this helpful

Pinecrest Academy (North Campus) 3

Posted November 12, 2013
The teacher-parent communication is poor to say the least. In trying to teach independence, children are expected to write down their homework assignments. This was appealing to my wife and me until we began to rely on a 6 year old to communicate important information (i.e. testing dates, school activities, lunch menu and GRADES). How is it possible that one must depend on 6 year old children to relay academic information that is crucial for their academic success? I feel that teachers should provide weekly assignment notices along with test dates and important in-class activities so that we can better prepare our children. I have seen other top A+ Schools that post lesson plans and homework assignments online and send them home on a weekly basis. How hard is it to maintain a website or send a weekly group email to parents? The aftercare program is a joke, if you want your kids to do their homework mediocrely, watch a significant number of movies and play Just Dance off of YouTube videos, than this is the place for your child. This is unacceptable.

Posted November 11, 2013
My son has been in this school for few years now, his kindergarten teacher was excellent and at the time I felt that the school was very organized and student oriented.....this was until 1st grade... His 1st grade teacher is a big disappointment; I feel that everything has been focused around testing and passing the SAT/FCAT. My son has had some difficulty at times and his teachers have lacked the communication to let us know that he needs help. As parents we are very involved with our son s education and have tried to provide him with additional resources to help him succeed.

Pinecrest Academy (North Campus)
10207 West Flagler Street, Miami, FL  33174
Last modified Pinecrest Academy (North Campus) is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pinecrest Academy (North Campus) Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top