Pinecrest Academy (North Campus) 2

Posted September 15, 2014
With the new parking regulations that the school's administration is implementing this year we are having a difficult time picking up and dropping off our kids. This is getting very dangerous for the safety of children and parents. I think someone has to do something about it before there is a tragedy. Cars are not respecting the school zone speed limit and since the administration is not letting any one park in the school's parking lot parents and children are crossing streets with heavy traffic like flaggler. I hope someone can do something about it.

Pinecrest Academy (North Campus) 1

Posted July 09, 2014
Has no understanding of what a Kinder garden teacher should portray to the 5 year old students. What a big disappointment. Had to take my son out in the middle of the school year. Every day was a different complaint and not only my son, but sit a day at the office and it will be a parade of parents yelling at the kids (kinder garden students)... They want soldiers ppl, stay away!

Posted May 19, 2014
This school is wonderful it's great my daughter got a perfect 5 last year the teachers are really nice and the communicate with the students a lot they try to make learning fun i recommend this school it was nominated by the Florida govener and is #1 school in Miami-Dade by fcat scores

Pinecrest Academy (North Campus) 1

Posted May 14, 2014
I feel the teacher communication is terrbile. I agree wholehartedly with the last parent about the independence expected of our 6 year old children. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Pinecrest Academy (North Campus) 3

Posted November 12, 2013
The teacher-parent communication is poor to say the least. In trying to teach independence, children are expected to write down their homework assignments. This was appealing to my wife and me until we began to rely on a 6 year old to communicate important information (i.e. testing dates, school activities, lunch menu and GRADES). How is it possible that one must depend on 6 year old children to relay academic information that is crucial for their academic success? I feel that teachers should provide weekly assignment notices along with test dates and important in-class activities so that we can better prepare our children. I have seen other top A+ Schools that post lesson plans and homework assignments online and send them home on a weekly basis. How hard is it to maintain a website or send a weekly group email to parents? The aftercare program is a joke, if you want your kids to do their homework mediocrely, watch a significant number of movies and play Just Dance off of YouTube videos, than this is the place for your child. This is unacceptable.

Pinecrest Academy (North Campus) 2

Posted November 11, 2013
My son has been in this school for few years now, his kindergarten teacher was excellent and at the time I felt that the school was very organized and student oriented.....this was until 1st grade... His 1st grade teacher is a big disappointment; I feel that everything has been focused around testing and passing the SAT/FCAT. My son has had some difficulty at times and his teachers have lacked the communication to let us know that he needs help. As parents we are very involved with our son s education and have tried to provide him with additional resources to help him succeed.

Pinecrest Academy (North Campus) 3

Posted November 11, 2013
Continuation (PART 3).. In addition, how is it possible that we live in the United States of America yet teachers still have to speak Spanish to students and parents at all times. I understand we live in Miami but Dear God . give me a break. Ask any college professor in Miami what s the biggest problem Hispanic students face and they will tell you, without any reservations, that it s GRAMMAR and ANALYTICAL THINKING!!! The art and music program is practically non-existent. They lack formal training, passion and creativity. It is a joke as well. After spending time researching and visiting other school websites in Miami Dade, how is it possible that I have allowed my child to remain in a school with such low standards? I do not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted September 12, 2013
Excellent School really advanced academic preparation. The teachers are great and dedicated to the progress of their students. They have an excellent staff, well rounded environment for kids to learn and make friends. Small school with a nice familiar environment really hard to find in other public schools. I am very happy with my son in his third year at this school. I really recommend it.

Posted September 11, 2013
Excellent School, the Principal and teacher are dedicated. My kids love this school. It is a small school with great staff and excellent programs after school.

Posted October 28, 2012
I love and appreciate the staff at Pinecrest Academy North Campus. My daughter started in kinder and is now in 2nd grade. The education is great and the caring treatment from each member from the school is exceptional. Great communication with the teachers themselves and the office as well. Can't beat the family oriented atmosphere.

Pinecrest Academy (North Campus)
10207 West Flagler Street, Miami, FL  33174
Last modified Pinecrest Academy (North Campus) is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pinecrest Academy (North Campus) Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top