Bad
Good

My child is in their kinder/first program and I am super happy. The class size is small, the teachers are great, and the amount of learning and progress is tremendous! The kids are like a family. It has truly been a blessing for me and my family.

11735 Location: This school is amazing. I transfer both of my kids there after a bad experience at another daycare. My youngest daughter was 1 year old and wouldn't walk, the teachers were very loving and were there to accommodate to her needs, with in 2 months the baby was walking and had cached up with kids her age. My oldest daughter was terrified of school because of her last experience and they were very patient and understanding when working with her. They write an incident report for any minor situation, keep the parents inform and are very caring for the kids. Besides the added feature of being able to watch my kids from any device is priceless.

My children have been attending Smart Starts since 2009. I absolutely love the early education program but mostly the nurturing my children have received. Currently we are at the 11735 campus. The teachers are amazing with the children. But, like everything there is that one person that leads the group, the Director...Ms. Mercedes. She is brilliant with the staff and a second mother to ea h and every child in attendance. I have had experiences with several Directors but none like her...SHE IS THE BEST!!!! I highly recommend Smart Starts!!!!!!

8400 SUNSET: * Office is a HOT mess! 3 directors since we've been going to this school and this new one doesnt know which way is up, poor thing. * Beware the bait and switch, when you start, they promise rates go down as the child gets older, just so happens every year they raise the rates so no reduction for you. * Fees for this, fees for that. They make you pay a summer fee, but you still have to pay for any activities they have going on if any at all, this summer has been BORING, poor kids. Not sure what that fee payed for exactly, just something else to add a fee onto. * Have had issues with 3 teachers putting there hands on my child, ie: pinching and pulling ears, squeezing arms, smacking back of head, holding child down for a time out, manhandling. * A few good teachers, but miserable considering they get payed slightly above minimum wage. And no consistency, someone is always calling out, so teachers are always covering other classes, no stability for the kids. * every year you'll have a supply list, about $300 worth of supplies, nothing every goes back home with you. I cant imagine where all those scissors and markers have gone.

DO NOT ENROLL YOUR CHILD IN ANY SMART STARTS DAY SCHOOLS!!! Let me be clear - this is not about the teachers. It's totally about poor management. There's no communication with the parents. Totally overpriced for a mediocre curriculum. Teacher morale is on the floor. Lunch is catered by a crappy company which prepares canned food meals. Be aware of the hidden fees!!! There's an annual registrations fee, summer fee, fall fee, months that apparently have a 5th week you must pay an extra week. Late fee is $50.00. Credit card processing fee is 15-30% of the total amount. They don't invest in kids education and toys. That's were the fundraising is for -- UNBELIEVABLE. Also, there's been about 8-10 break-ins in the past two months. This organization is all about money. DON'T BE FOOLED!

Smart starts 7900 failed to provide a safe environment for my child. They have had 6 break ins in the parking lot of the school, which is in very close proximity to the children in a very short period do time. Smart starts refuses to hire additional visible security. I have attempted to contact corporate and speak to the school director on multiple occasions and have found much resistance. Corporate never even had the decency to return my calls. I have removed my child from the school due to the lack of safety , unfortunately losing almost 1 month of tuition plus fall registration. Smart start refuses to refund my money , citing that the contract prohibits it. I am disgusted by their lack of professionalism, empathy , and compassion. I pray that you steer clear of this day school. It is not a safe environment for the parents dropping off their kids and their children.

What an amazing school! I have my 2 year old daughter at 7900 and she had been transferred from a different preschool. My daughter cries NOT to leave when I pick her up!!! Not only are the teachers so genuine but they also go above and beyond for the children. I get a phone call for anything that goes on with my daughter which is so relieving to know that they are so on top of things. I highly recommend Smart Starts Day School and definitely take a look at 7900 you will fall in love with not only the facility but also with the staff starting with the administration.... They are the heart of that school!

My kids love it here! They look forward to going each day and are learning so much that it truly amazes us and any one they meet. They really do a great job of preparing the kids and we have met and made a lot friends. The school are popping up everywhere and I refer the school to everyone I know all the time!

My child attended for summer and ended up staying for VPK. We are really content and glad that we chose to stay. The teachers are really caring and go out of their way to help the children.

Last modified Smart Starts Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-1