Miami, FL
Before care: Yes

Posted October 27, 2014
Whoever wrote the previous post does not understand the first thing about a special needs school. Your child attended this school to better meet his needs academically, mentally and socially. I am proud to be part of the M.O.T Academy family as they do take great pride in creating a nurturing and educational setting for their students. M.O.T maintains small classroom and small student to teacher ratio in order to avoid distraction and meet each child's needs. If you are looking for a school to help your child which is struggling in the system, this is the right place. As for their location, they do not own the property and they focus more on education versus a beautiful basketball court. It is up to the parent to decipher what is important... land or education? I pick the education and so should you!!! I highly recommend this school.

M.O.T (My Own Teacher) Academy 1

Posted August 31, 2014
Incredibly rundown school. The class sizes are incredibly small and crowded. My son's class has terrible desks, close to nothing. If there's anything that this school needs is attention. It's unfortunate to know that there is a lack of desire to fix up the school. My son wanted a real highschool experience, and this school was not providing it. Academically, it wasn't as bad regarding what the teacher had to work with. The administration needs to step it up. It's all about the kids afterall!

Posted August 19, 2014
I just wanted to let you know that we have never seen my sister so happy on a first day of school, specially on a new school! My mom and I could not believe her happiness as she left the school. She absolutely loved it. I liked the fact that she said that MOT is like "family". I truly believe this is the school we have always searched for her. We are very excited to see her grow in this amazing school not only academically but also socially. Thank you! Best wishes,

M.O.T (My Own Teacher) Academy 1

Posted August 05, 2014
I would not recommend this school to any parent who has special needs kids. The staff is not qualified to be teaching them. Terrible experience!

Posted July 01, 2014
Great school! My daughter has been attending MOT and she has improved so much in reading. I love the communication between the teachers and parents. If your child is having difficulty in school bring them here. They can help your child like they helped my daughter. You will be very happy!

Posted June 07, 2014
Our son has been at MOT Academy for 4 years and I am so glad I made the change when I did. He was having difficulty in reading and extremely low in math. My son now is reading and doing Algebra. Very happy with the education they have provided us with these years. I recommend any parent that has a child struggling academically to try this school. You will not be sorry!

Posted April 30, 2014
Amazing school! My children haves excelled at an amazing pace! They love their school teachers ! The faculty is so caring and helpful in every way. Truly an amazing school!

Posted April 30, 2014
This is my daughters first year at MOT Academy and the amount of compassion, love and patients the teachers and faculty have is amazing. We have been looking for a school like this for years with the struggle in finding a perfect place for her educational needs. With this year almost over I can honestly tell you my daughter has excelled to a level she hadn't in years. They believe in their students and make sure they get the educational need they deserve. Teachers are excellent and my daughter loves coming to school everyday. Parents as myself that like to be involved, I am always welcomed with open arms and office doors are always open. Finding this school for my daughter has been a blessing and a answered prayer.

Posted March 07, 2014
There are no words to describe my feelings for this school After many failed attempts, my son has finally found his forever home. He has been attending this amazing school for 3 years now. When he first started he was non verbal, did not write and had a very difficult time in school. Now fast forward 3 years and he is a chatter box and has found a passion for writing. His grades are great and even though he has had numerous health issues, his teachers and administration have never stopped showing tons of support. I wish every child could experience the love and devotion given by everyone at the school. If asked I don't think I'd be able to rate them with anything less than a million stars. I love you guys, and I owe you soooooo much for everything you have done for our family!!!! If you happen to come across this while searching for a school for your little one, don't think twice and go check out M.O.T. Academy.

Posted October 31, 2013
My daughter has been attending M.O.T Academy for three years. The teachers are very loving and truly care about their students. She has always hated school and now she looks forward to going to school every morning. She had a difficult time reading and writing and they really helped her improve. I love the school,but even more the fact that my daughter is very happy!

M.O.T (My Own Teacher) Academy
14202 SW 62 Street, Miami, FL  33183
Last modified M.O.T (My Own Teacher) Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
M.O.T (My Own Teacher) Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top