296 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My experience at this school completely changed my perception about charter schools. Unprofessional and cold with no accountability. My child who is on the spectrum was bullied by children, staff and parents. I kid you not. Forget about getting any help. There is no accountability. The funny thing is my child after he left Santa Fe is repeatedly on the honor roll and has even won county wide awards for academics, all after he left Santa Fe. He excels in science and math. Because you see even though he is on the spectrum he is also highly gifted. Imagine that. :-) I use to think charter schools was a great option for parents. Not anymore, not after Santa Fe.

It s a pleasure have my daughter in SFA!!! . I recommend is school for new children that they are learning English.

Santa Fe Academy is truly a Gem of a school. I have two children who have attended the school and they are top notch students who excel in not only academics, but socially and athletically. It is very safe and it feels like a family atmosphere as even the 4th grade students know the first grade students etc. I would also like to post that the test scores from the school are some of the highest in Miami-Dade. You can research it yourself. IT has been an A+ school for a couple years but now the test scores verify just how great a school it is with other A schools. Top scores, family atmosphere, no bullying, and children who love it while being in honor roll....That's a winning combination.

This is our second year in this school and I must say that I love it! The principal knows every kid by their names and she's nice, what I like the most is that is a small school so bullying can't go unnoticed, the principal will not tolerate it! my son experienced some bullying from another classmate and they immediately took action and the bullying stopped. They are very strict which I don't mind but at the same time very loving with the kids and for those who complained about the principal not been approachable well they are wrong because she is appoachable and cares about the kids (I'm not her friend nor part of any group/click) don't judge the book by its cover!!

Because everybody goes out of their way for our children. Also the stuff are very nice

You can see that faculty respect each other and that also reflects in the students. Great Principal. Family oriented atmosphere. Its a great school!

Regarding the pink behavior forms that are sent home, my child has received two this year, however, this has not effected his grades academically. Most schools have conduct grades as well as academics. When this form is sent home it only effects the student's conduct grade and as a parent instead of being upset with the school you should be talking with your child and making sure that they understand that the behavior that caused them to receive the form is unacceptable. Yes, sometimes the children are in the parking lot of the school but that is not gym nor recess and it is chained off during school hours. Overall Santa Fe is a great school, has always encouraged parental involvement and my child is extremely happy there. He didn't want to leave for the summer, telling me that he is going to miss all the teachers. Being that he just finished kindergarten, I am hopeful that my experience with the school will only get better each year, as it has been amazing for me this year.

Is a good school with a friendly atmosphere the staff are excellent and help each child according to their needs I recommend

The P.E. field is actually not in the parking lot. The church next door allows Santa Fe to use their relatively large yard which can be accessed through a side door by the playground. It may not be perfect but better than a parking lot.

There is a lot of room for improvement. Having a child who attends this school I can tell where all of these reviews are coming from. Some teachers are gems, others are forgettable. As a whole the school on the outside seems great but is actually very fast paced at everything they do and lacks organization. Its not like how school was when I was little where parents had a growing relationship with the staff and teachers. They offer PE class which has a very good teacher however it is a parking lot which doubles as the PE field. That's not the fault of the teachers because this school shouldn't have been built were it is. The principal has a strong character. It may rub people the wrong way at times. Speaking to her personally I can say that she is helpful and interested in every child in that school. However, it truly is her way or none at all. I didn't like that and it seems its not open for discussion no matter what. A few teachers also seem to share that demeanor but most of them don't. Overall, its not bad its just not as good as it could and should be. One more thing, stop asking for money and focus on the education and character building. Thank you

Last modified Santa Fe Advantage Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.