185 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I removed my daughter on the 1st day of school during her Kindergarten year! Outdoors cafeteria under a tin roof. A bad storm caused the roof to collapse, luckily no kids were under it, during orientation that weekend. No provisions for mosquitoes and there was standing algae water from a broken pond. No security! The teacher had no curriculum and didn't even know what time school started or what we were supposed to do on the first day. She never looked at my child or interacted with her. She focused on the class pet. There were no educational materials on the walls. It was horrible! It seemed as if this was her 1st Year teaching. My daughter is in a public school, with teachers with years of experience and an A school! She's making all As and 1 b. She's happy!!!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

HORRIBLE ,NO SE ENCUENTRA EL APOYO QUE UNO NECESITA DE LA ESCUELA EN SITUACIONES EN QUE NUESTRO HIJOS SON AFECTADOS,MALA REPRESENTACION ADMINISTRATIVA Y POCA FALTA DE SERIEDAD ,EN RESOLVER PROBLEMAS ,BRIDE PREP ACADEMY VILLA GREEN ,LAMENTABLEMENTE DEJA MUCHO DE DECEAR.

Great School! Has a family feel that is tough to get in regular public schools. My son has been at the school since Kindergarten and he absolutely loves it. The teachers and administrators are very involved and caring. Parent involvement is highly encouraged and I think this is what sets this school apart.

My youngest started with the charter system in kindergarten at the South Campus of Bridgeprep. Last year, I transferred him to the new main campus at 120 street for 3rd grade, since it was closer to my home. My child has ADHD and the school has special ed staff, Ms. Llanes, who helped implement the 504 program which gives him special learning accommodations. She is a caring and loving person who constantly follows up with his progress. Additionally, last year I had a meeting with the principal, Ms. Garcia, and I was touched by how she truly cares for the overall wellbeing and academic success of the students. This year, the school also has a new assistant vice principal, Ms. Suarez, who is always in the hallways and easily approachable. She will write down any question/concern and follows-up. I’m especially very thankful for my son’s 4th grade teachers this year, Ms. Chilet and Ms. Finnin. They truly care for his academic success, understand his ADHD and take the time to listen to my concerns and help him. Overall, teachers and staff are caring and approachable without having to make an appointment. I personally walk my child to class and pick him up in the afternoon and have volunteered on various occasions. Therefore, I can honestly say, I am completely comfortable with the school’s security. There is at least 10 security staff, including school staff, which takes care of the students before, after and during school lunch. Thus, would immediately report any suspicious person or activity; especially since the school is very family oriented and anything out of the ordinary would be instantly noticed by staff, teachers and/or school parents. I understand the school campus is going thru its growing pains, since they are in the process of expanding to add a high school. Most importantly, my child is doing extremely well academically and loves going to his Bridgeprep school.

Excellent and Caring Administrators, teachers and staff. Thank you for the Hispanic Heritage Celebration. We parents feel appreciated and involved!

We are getting past the growing pains this 2nd year and administration is doing a great job. The focus is on education.

I love this school, my kids are having a great time and improvement, the teachers are great and I love the mission the school have to have parents participate in their kids learning, I recommend it to anybody who is willing to be Involved with the school and with their kids education.

Amount of homework: Agree

A little too much but nothing impossible to do with the kids, And it's daily so you don't have to make the kids do it too much in one day

Bridgeprep Academy of Village Green just started operating last year at the main campus on 120th Street. Both of my children are attending this school, one in elementary and the other one in middle school and so far they are very happy with the school and they love their teachers. I made the mistake of moving my kids from a charter school to a public school 2 years ago and my experience was horrible. One of my daughters was bullied and I had to work with her very hard in order to have her like school again. Her teacher was aware of this and she was very helpful on helping out and understanding my daughter's fears and today we no longer have a problem with her, she is happy and loves school. Also, teachers are more approachable here than in a public school. In regards to communication with teachers, they are always available, I don't always need to schedule an appointment to speak with them in person, I have access to them not only in person, but via e-mail, class dojo, phone, etc. and they are willing to work with you for the well being of the students. In regards to the administration, so far, they have been very helpful to me every time I had a question or a doubt. I'm also aware that since this campus has only been running for less than 2 years, there are a few things that need improvement, but I'm sure that step by step, they will accomplish all their goals and hopefully my kids get to attend high school there as well.

I withdrew my child because of too many promises promises and promises. Middle School is in a portable with no fire alarms, extinguishers and no roof connecting to main building. The cafeteria is outside with two fans because the indoor cafeteria is being used as a computer lab. Kids are exposed to extreme heat under an aluminum roof. Science teacher is asking kids to contribute $$$ to feed his pet snake. Math teacher is asking kids to buy their own math books. Spanish teacher is asking kids to buy dry erase boards for her. Principle had a vision of having kids dress professional every thursday with shirt and tie because they are LEADERS. There are only 10 parking spaces for the school. If parents park at London Square, their vehicle will be towed. No security on school grounds. Anyone can walk into any classroom at anytime. Everything is out in the open. Very poor administration and teachers hate being there.

Last modified Bridgeprep Academy Of Village Green is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.