K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I've had the pleasure to work at St. Lawrence School for quite some time now. There really is no other school like it. As a teacher, we make it our responsibility and priority to ensure that our students are learning in a safe and nurturing environment. Communication is one of our biggest strengths. Parents are welcomed to meet with teachers at their earliest convenience, not like in other schools where you need to schedule a meeting weeks in advance to meet with your child's teacher. The students and staff are constantly working together to achieve success. I am PROUD of what my students accomplish each year! I am excited to go to work every day because I know that I am surrounded by a team that is passionate about the work they do.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Students are taught to have integrity and to always be honest. We take our character development seriously.

As a parent of a former alumni, I cannot describe how much this school means to me. Even today, my child still visits and when she comes together with others who went with her to St. Lawrence they say that those years were the best. Great staff, awesome teachers but most of all family environment.

I must say that I disagree with what the previous parents are saying. I absolutely love this school. My son had the pleasure of having the sixth grade teacher when he was in fourth grade and has her for Language Arts. She loves what she does and you can see it in how she teaches. She cares for her students. She has no problem answering phone calls in the evening with concerns that I might have. She has taught my son how to write great essays. Sometimes parents wants to blame the teacher for mistakes that they have made with their child. Sometimes we parents are the problem. My son has expressed how much he's learned in her class. I don't know what teacher the parents are talking about. I know for sure that the sixth grade teacher is an amazing teacher. I was very happy when she took the sixth grade position. I can guarantee that your child will be a good writer after leaving her class.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I regret having my child going there for so long. The bullying never stop, from students to teacher. The principal wil not do anything about it, instead she make your child and you look like you're stupid. As for the six grade teacher she need to learn how to teache. The seventh grade teacher will not teach your kids math or science, all she care about is the junior honer society student. She just give the kids a video to watch that's it. The six grade teacher make the kids life miserable by making fun of them, and embarrass them in front of their class mates. A lot of students left the school because of her. Not only the six grade teacher is bad her kids goes there too, and she is their teacher too. I don't think she suppose to be teaching her own kid. She have her daughter in elementary bullying other students in her class which I have witness her doing. I know for a fact the parents have talk to the principal , what have she done about it ? nothing.

Six grade teacher is terrible, she is a real disappointment . All she do is have your kids writing essay.

I can not imagine sending my children anywhere else. A school with a staff that truly cares is so difficult to find. Friendliest and most helpful staff I have ever encountered. Keeping our children safe and ahead of the game in academics is their top priority.

St. Lawrence is a wonderful school in academics, faith, and school spirit. My child had a great education from k-8 here. The teachers really care and go above and beyond their jobs to educate the children in a well rounded "whole child" manner.

This school is a community that cares for the whole child, not just their test scores-even though they are great too. Curriculum that challenges & builds confident souls. Highly recommended for the brightest children of Dade County.

Great School!!!! The teachers are wonderful, the staff is great, and the principal is truly amazing. This school provides a great Catholic education and a proper curriculum. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants to put their child in a loving-Catholic enviornment...

Last modified St Lawrence Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8