St. Timothy Parish School

Private | PK-8

Living in Miami

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $142,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,180.

Sweep tile

Posted March 26, 2014

Unfortunately, this school is not what it used to be. The attention you expect from teachers and faculty in a private school is non-existent. My child's classroom size at the beginning of the year was 37 and now its 36. The teachers are overwhelmed and the principle wants nothing to do with the parents.

Posted March 26, 2014

Extremely disappointed with the school. The principle could care less about meeting with parents. The only thing she cares about is cramming kids in a classroom. You would think that for the money one is paying, the classroom sizes would be smaller so that the teachers can dedicate more time. Unfortunately, that is not the case at St. Timothy. The teachers are so over their heads that you can see their tired faces when parents are picking up their children. What I found alarming was the number of teachers advising the parents that their child should get tested for some sort of ADD/ADHD. Just because the child doesn't grasp lessons as fast as other students doesn't mean there is a learning disability. Unfortunately we fell into the teachers trap and got our child tested. After spending $1,500 the psychologist told us there was nothing wrong with our son. I might as well enroll my son in a public school and save myself the money. We will be taking our child out of St. Timothy coming next school year and place him in a Catholic school that truly cares about the child's best interest. It is unfortunate because the community and head priest, Father Marin, are truly amazing.

Posted March 22, 2014

I can honestly say that the administration as well as the current principal have deteriorated what used to be an amazing school. They have no communication skills and lack respect towards the community.

Posted March 2, 2014

while the school is a great community of parents, and the cheapest private in town(but that comes at a price). the class sizes are ridiculous, the worst public school in town would have 37 kids in a third grade class with one teacher. and to make matters worse a 38th student was let into that class, it was a new student to the school, and not even someone who relocated, just a mom who changed her daughters school for the third time in the middle of the year. there was no reason for the principle to allow that other than money is the priority over quality of education.

Posted March 5, 2010

After having to deal with the St. Timothy administration starting with the very top, the principal, I has been clear to me that the administration lacks professionalism and integrity critical components in any school but more importantly in a parochial setting.

Posted June 21, 2009

This school is a very good school any who has a education in life gets it from this school I know because I have a child who has recently recieved a scolarship to Harvard

Posted January 7, 2009

I am graduating st. timothy in the class of 2009 and i have been a St. Timothy student for 10 years now. I can honestly say that St.Timothy has changed me. The math program has gotten so much better in the last 2 years. i am very happy here; everyone is just so happy and it is such a healty, educational, and family oriented school. I am proud to call myself a St. Timothy Trojan. When i started this school i was shy and anti-social, but now the teacher beg me to be quiet. I have made so many people and i have so many friends. I am a strait A student and i have many goals that St. Timothy is helping to make come true. I am truly happpy and satisfied by this school and i recommend it to anyone. P.S. The cafeteria food is amazing
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 10, 2008

My name is Duran, and I previously attended St. Timothy and graduated in 2005. As can be attested to by the review of the first student, this school is poor in its English and also its Math. Really the only exeptional part about St. Timothy is the lunch, which is catered by a professional company.

Posted March 10, 2008

My name is Duran, and I previously attended St. Timothy and graduated in 2005. As can be attested to by the review of the first student, this school is poor (or was when I was there) in its English and also its Math. Really the only exeptional part about St. Timothy is the lunch, which is catered by a professional company.

Posted February 15, 2008

I have attended St. Timothy Parish School since Kindergarten year, and I am now graduating in May, from 8th grade. From the nine past years of experience in my school, I can say that there are very positive, and very negative aspects of my school. The cafeteria, and lunch is exceptional, and my school really provides a healthy variety of food choices every day.
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 23, 2007

This is a Parish school that is strong in discipline & fairly advanced on academics. Parents are encouraged to take part of academic development as well as sporting events. The environment is one of family & the staff is always willing to meet with parents. Overall, I highly recommend this school to any parent who is considering a catholic education for their children.

Two or more races 1% N/A
Asian 0% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Miami

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

5400 SW 102nd Ave