Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 23, 2015
My son, who is now in High School, is an excellent writer. These skills were given to him by the Teachers at St. Thomas the Apostle. I'm a firm believer in the benefits of and need to invest in private education. Unfortunately, public education in Florida and in particular, Miami, does not offer the educational level of excellence St. Thomas the Apostle provides. Thankfully my parents taught me the value of investment in your children and my son's education at St. Thomas and Christopher Columbus HS was the best investment I have ever made. STA Rocks!

Posted July 23, 2015
Attention to detail and higher level curriculum. My son spent his entire youth (Kindergarden to 8th grade) at St. Thomas and is as a young adult, a strong Catholic

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 23, 2015
Compassion and Caring are the cornerstone of Christ's teachings. St. Thomas the Apostle excels in teaching about Christ and reminds each child they are His children.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 23, 2015
A faith based education provides a foundation for Integrity and Social contribution for children. If you are Catholic, St. Thomas the Apostle Church and School will provide you and your family with a solid foothold for the future.

St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic 3

Posted March 01, 2014
STA is a school that cares about your children. They will feel well cared and loved there. It is one of their best attributes. That being said, the new pastor has and is implementing a lot of changes and not all for the better. The curriculum is TOUGH! One of my children who is very bright has no problem with it. The other two STRUGGLE. Like many other posters we have tutors that help them as well as hours of studying and homework every night. It is definitely a struggle for them as well as us as parents. The "extras" - music, art, science labs, computers etc are wonderful. The kids really enjoy and learn a lot. The animals (in the attached sanctuary) are a wonderful teaching tool. Some of the downsides are: the administration struggles to keep itself together. Days off change at the last minute, graduation dates change at the last minute. In general you are never sure if something is going to really happen. And EVERY event starts late. Lastly, as a parent, get ready to be transported back to high school. It is CLIQUEY. And it does translate to the children a little bit. Nothing you can't overcome. I have made some wonderful friends here but it has been hard.

St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic 1

Posted June 06, 2013
Very disappointed with this school. The school says it instills the Catholic faith, however, this is false. The school is full of hypocrite parents who pretend to act like Christians, but truly behave like children. The politics in the school are by far more challenging than the curriculum. An over-abundance of homework is given to students in order for the parents to be able to teach the material at home. 90 percent of children at STA have tutors or their parents sit and help their child. It is a cut-throat environment that is stressful to both child and family. Do not recommend. If you are accepted to STA.... run for the hills!!!!!

Posted October 22, 2012
St. Thomas the Apostle is a wonderful school with a beautiful campus. Instruction is relevant and challenging. The teachers are dedicated and caring. Questions and concerns are addressed quickly by the Principal and Assistant Principal. The school and church community is made up of a group of people with a common interest ; to serve God and serve one another.

Posted October 02, 2012
St. Thomas the Apostle Church and School is a beautiful community of parents, teachers, and students. The academic program is challenging, and the teachers are exceptional in differentiating the instruction to accommodate all learners. The administration has adopted the international baccalaureate program, in which the school will be the first archdiocese school in Miami to be authorized both in the primary and middle years. It's amazing to see the change in the students and how they take pride in their projects and in their learning experiences due to the new method of instruction which is more project based. The Catholic identity of the school is prevalent in all activities due to the leadership of the Pastor, Fr. Kubala. The principal, administrators, and several teachers are alumni and parents of students as well. It is a safe, caring, and loving environment with extracurricular activities for all students. My children are happy and truly enjoy their school. God has become the center of their lives.

St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic 1

Posted July 27, 2012
like someone said price and all added fees are very disappointing. They do not care if you are parishioner. they will charge over 14K (now in 2012) plus FEES. They care more about your money than you. Beware pls I am not the only one that feels like this. I am taking my child out of this school for good.

Posted August 14, 2011
This school, parish, family is a phenomenal environment for any child! I graduated from St. Thomas this previous May from eleven incredible years! First off, academics are implausible because I always felt like I was challenged but at the same time I almost always understood in the way they explained the material. If we ever had a question, the selfless teachers always gave us a hand and took their time after class to explain our matters! Throughout our studies, God always came first and our school subject revolved around Our Lord! The entire school took time every Wednesday to celebrate mass! The sports, music, arts, and drama programs made working hard and keeping up grades worth-while! But aside from incredible academics and extracurricular activities, STA was my family and nothing will ever change that! No matter where I go in life I will always have my friends from this parish to lean back on. I love this school and I hope you allow your children, grandchildren, or family member share the same experience I had!

7303 SW 64 Street, Miami, FL  33143
Last modified St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top