St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic 3

Posted March 01, 2014
STA is a school that cares about your children. They will feel well cared and loved there. It is one of their best attributes. That being said, the new pastor has and is implementing a lot of changes and not all for the better. The curriculum is TOUGH! One of my children who is very bright has no problem with it. The other two STRUGGLE. Like many other posters we have tutors that help them as well as hours of studying and homework every night. It is definitely a struggle for them as well as us as parents. The "extras" - music, art, science labs, computers etc are wonderful. The kids really enjoy and learn a lot. The animals (in the attached sanctuary) are a wonderful teaching tool. Some of the downsides are: the administration struggles to keep itself together. Days off change at the last minute, graduation dates change at the last minute. In general you are never sure if something is going to really happen. And EVERY event starts late. Lastly, as a parent, get ready to be transported back to high school. It is CLIQUEY. And it does translate to the children a little bit. Nothing you can't overcome. I have made some wonderful friends here but it has been hard.

Posted June 06, 2013
Very disappointed with this school. The school says it instills the Catholic faith, however, this is false. The school is full of hypocrite parents who pretend to act like Christians, but truly behave like children. The politics in the school are by far more challenging than the curriculum. An over-abundance of homework is given to students in order for the parents to be able to teach the material at home. 90 percent of children at STA have tutors or their parents sit and help their child. It is a cut-throat environment that is stressful to both child and family. Do not recommend. If you are accepted to STA.... run for the hills!!!!!

Posted October 22, 2012
St. Thomas the Apostle is a wonderful school with a beautiful campus. Instruction is relevant and challenging. The teachers are dedicated and caring. Questions and concerns are addressed quickly by the Principal and Assistant Principal. The school and church community is made up of a group of people with a common interest ; to serve God and serve one another.

Posted October 02, 2012
St. Thomas the Apostle Church and School is a beautiful community of parents, teachers, and students. The academic program is challenging, and the teachers are exceptional in differentiating the instruction to accommodate all learners. The administration has adopted the international baccalaureate program, in which the school will be the first archdiocese school in Miami to be authorized both in the primary and middle years. It's amazing to see the change in the students and how they take pride in their projects and in their learning experiences due to the new method of instruction which is more project based. The Catholic identity of the school is prevalent in all activities due to the leadership of the Pastor, Fr. Kubala. The principal, administrators, and several teachers are alumni and parents of students as well. It is a safe, caring, and loving environment with extracurricular activities for all students. My children are happy and truly enjoy their school. God has become the center of their lives.

Posted July 27, 2012
like someone said price and all added fees are very disappointing. They do not care if you are parishioner. they will charge over 14K (now in 2012) plus FEES. They care more about your money than you. Beware pls I am not the only one that feels like this. I am taking my child out of this school for good.

Posted August 14, 2011
This school, parish, family is a phenomenal environment for any child! I graduated from St. Thomas this previous May from eleven incredible years! First off, academics are implausible because I always felt like I was challenged but at the same time I almost always understood in the way they explained the material. If we ever had a question, the selfless teachers always gave us a hand and took their time after class to explain our matters! Throughout our studies, God always came first and our school subject revolved around Our Lord! The entire school took time every Wednesday to celebrate mass! The sports, music, arts, and drama programs made working hard and keeping up grades worth-while! But aside from incredible academics and extracurricular activities, STA was my family and nothing will ever change that! No matter where I go in life I will always have my friends from this parish to lean back on. I love this school and I hope you allow your children, grandchildren, or family member share the same experience I had!

Posted July 07, 2011
Very disappointed!!, i decline to PAY for an education where the teacher don't care about the students education and staff is even worse classroom are usually 26 students per class. As a very involve parent, it seen to me that the teacher do not take the time to teach the students about more than half of the students in the class have to go tutoring, you over 12,000 a year and on top of that you have to pay for a tutor. And although you may voice your opinion or ask for help it is ignored. At one point i ask for father Kubala to help me with my family problems " there response was Father Kubala does not get involve in family matters, I was shock when i was told that. no accountability for actions of staff or situations where student favoritism is obvious. Staff is average compared to nearby schools, per ratings based on experience and personal education. in conclusion: totally overrated! All they seen to care about is money and not the children. The atmosphere is tense and surrounded by hypocrisy starting by the principal. One of the biggest mistakes in my life was putting my child in this school, i just throw away more than $45 000.

Posted July 23, 2008
STA is a wonderful place for our kids no one should judge a place in general, there is not perfection in life, we have a beautiful and big family ,when you have any problem there is always a hand for you.The kids are happy. ..learning every day be close to God.

Posted April 14, 2008

St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic 2

Posted March 14, 2008
We've had a terrible experience at St. Thomas. The teachers are wonderful, but they are treated terribly by the Pastor and Administration which is why there is such a large turnaround. It is expensive in comparison with other parochial schools, and it goes unjustified. Choose a different school if you are looking for consistency and genuine interest in your child's religious growth. After all, children learn by example and what kind of example is it to treat teachers as if they are replaceable, without consideration. A good school offers a sense of community and St. Thomas doesn't offer that.

St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic
7303 SW 64 Street, Miami, FL  33143
Last modified St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top