PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted May 27, 2016
Mrs Ayan Novo and Mrs Figueredo for all they do. Also Mrs Diaz de Villegas and Mrs Molina. Excellent caring teachers

Posted May 27, 2016
Excellent curriculum. Spanish classes starting in prek3. Spanish 4 days a week by Kindergarten. Excellent reading and writing program prek3-1st. My child in 1st and is thriving academically. She is extremely happy. Beautiful place for a child to learn and grow. Amazing campus full of nature.

Posted November 07, 2015
St. Thomas the Apostle was not only my school it was my home. The pastors, administration, teachers and staff were not just my educators they were my family. The people at STA have always been very kind and understanding they always made me feel right at home. Besides the incredible education that I received at St. Thomas which helped me place at the top percentage of my high school class I more importantly received an ever growing understanding of my Faith. Throughout our years we participated in various retreats, plays,and Masses that helped to strengthen our bond with God. STA also provided me with the amazing opportunity to go to Washington DC with my classmates. This experience brought us so much closer together as a class. The school also has many extracurricular activities such as the play and Future City. In Future city, an engineering competition, we created a city 200 years in the future and built a model using recycled materials. After our team placed first at regionals we received the opportunity to go and compete at nationals in Washington DC. The play was also an amazing experience, not only did I get to work with all my classmates and with my drama teachers but I did what I loved and I'm so thankful that STA gave me that opportunity. I have also made life long friends at STA I still am friends with many of the people I attended St. Thomas. I am thankful that my parents chose Saint Thomas the Apostle Catholic School.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 23, 2015
My son, who is now in High School, is an excellent writer. These skills were given to him by the Teachers at St. Thomas the Apostle. I'm a firm believer in the benefits of and need to invest in private education. Unfortunately, public education in Florida and in particular, Miami, does not offer the educational level of excellence St. Thomas the Apostle provides. Thankfully my parents taught me the value of investment in your children and my son's education at St. Thomas and Christopher Columbus HS was the best investment I have ever made. STA Rocks!

Posted July 23, 2015
Attention to detail and higher level curriculum. My son spent his entire youth (Kindergarden to 8th grade) at St. Thomas and is as a young adult, a strong Catholic

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 23, 2015
Compassion and Caring are the cornerstone of Christ's teachings. St. Thomas the Apostle excels in teaching about Christ and reminds each child they are His children.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 23, 2015
A faith based education provides a foundation for Integrity and Social contribution for children. If you are Catholic, St. Thomas the Apostle Church and School will provide you and your family with a solid foothold for the future.

St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic 3

Posted March 01, 2014
STA is a school that cares about your children. They will feel well cared and loved there. It is one of their best attributes. That being said, the new pastor has and is implementing a lot of changes and not all for the better. The curriculum is TOUGH! One of my children who is very bright has no problem with it. The other two STRUGGLE. Like many other posters we have tutors that help them as well as hours of studying and homework every night. It is definitely a struggle for them as well as us as parents. The "extras" - music, art, science labs, computers etc are wonderful. The kids really enjoy and learn a lot. The animals (in the attached sanctuary) are a wonderful teaching tool. Some of the downsides are: the administration struggles to keep itself together. Days off change at the last minute, graduation dates change at the last minute. In general you are never sure if something is going to really happen. And EVERY event starts late. Lastly, as a parent, get ready to be transported back to high school. It is CLIQUEY. And it does translate to the children a little bit. Nothing you can't overcome. I have made some wonderful friends here but it has been hard.

St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic 1

Posted June 06, 2013
Very disappointed with this school. The school says it instills the Catholic faith, however, this is false. The school is full of hypocrite parents who pretend to act like Christians, but truly behave like children. The politics in the school are by far more challenging than the curriculum. An over-abundance of homework is given to students in order for the parents to be able to teach the material at home. 90 percent of children at STA have tutors or their parents sit and help their child. It is a cut-throat environment that is stressful to both child and family. Do not recommend. If you are accepted to STA.... run for the hills!!!!!

Posted October 22, 2012
St. Thomas the Apostle is a wonderful school with a beautiful campus. Instruction is relevant and challenging. The teachers are dedicated and caring. Questions and concerns are addressed quickly by the Principal and Assistant Principal. The school and church community is made up of a group of people with a common interest ; to serve God and serve one another.

7303 SW 64 Street, Miami, FL  33143
Last modified St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic is a Private school that serves grades PK-8