Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Excellent curriculum. Spanish classes starting in prek3. Spanish 4 days a week by Kindergarten. Excellent reading and writing program prek3-1st. My child in 1st and is thriving academically. She is extremely happy. Beautiful place for a child to learn and grow. Amazing campus full of nature.

St. Thomas the Apostle was not only my school it was my home. The pastors, administration, teachers and staff were not just my educators they were my family. The people at STA have always been very kind and understanding they always made me feel right at home. Besides the incredible education that I received at St. Thomas which helped me place at the top percentage of my high school class I more importantly received an ever growing understanding of my Faith. Throughout our years we participated in various retreats, plays,and Masses that helped to strengthen our bond with God. STA also provided me with the amazing opportunity to go to Washington DC with my classmates. This experience brought us so much closer together as a class. The school also has many extracurricular activities such as the play and Future City. In Future city, an engineering competition, we created a city 200 years in the future and built a model using recycled materials. After our team placed first at regionals we received the opportunity to go and compete at nationals in Washington DC. The play was also an amazing experience, not only did I get to work with all my classmates and with my drama teachers but I did what I loved and I'm so thankful that STA gave me that opportunity. I have also made life long friends at STA I still am friends with many of the people I attended St. Thomas. I am thankful that my parents chose Saint Thomas the Apostle Catholic School.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My son, who is now in High School, is an excellent writer. These skills were given to him by the Teachers at St. Thomas the Apostle. I'm a firm believer in the benefits of and need to invest in private education. Unfortunately, public education in Florida and in particular, Miami, does not offer the educational level of excellence St. Thomas the Apostle provides. Thankfully my parents taught me the value of investment in your children and my son's education at St. Thomas and Christopher Columbus HS was the best investment I have ever made. STA Rocks!

Attention to detail and higher level curriculum. My son spent his entire youth (Kindergarden to 8th grade) at St. Thomas and is as a young adult, a strong Catholic

Develops character: Strongly agree

A faith based education provides a foundation for Integrity and Social contribution for children. If you are Catholic, St. Thomas the Apostle Church and School will provide you and your family with a solid foothold for the future.

STA is a school that cares about your children. They will feel well cared and loved there. It is one of their best attributes. That being said, the new pastor has and is implementing a lot of changes and not all for the better. The curriculum is TOUGH! One of my children who is very bright has no problem with it. The other two STRUGGLE. Like many other posters we have tutors that help them as well as hours of studying and homework every night. It is definitely a struggle for them as well as us as parents. The "extras" - music, art, science labs, computers etc are wonderful. The kids really enjoy and learn a lot. The animals (in the attached sanctuary) are a wonderful teaching tool. Some of the downsides are: the administration struggles to keep itself together. Days off change at the last minute, graduation dates change at the last minute. In general you are never sure if something is going to really happen. And EVERY event starts late. Lastly, as a parent, get ready to be transported back to high school. It is CLIQUEY. And it does translate to the children a little bit. Nothing you can't overcome. I have made some wonderful friends here but it has been hard.

Very disappointed with this school. The school says it instills the Catholic faith, however, this is false. The school is full of hypocrite parents who pretend to act like Christians, but truly behave like children. The politics in the school are by far more challenging than the curriculum. An over-abundance of homework is given to students in order for the parents to be able to teach the material at home. 90 percent of children at STA have tutors or their parents sit and help their child. It is a cut-throat environment that is stressful to both child and family. Do not recommend. If you are accepted to STA.... run for the hills!!!!!

St. Thomas the Apostle is a wonderful school with a beautiful campus. Instruction is relevant and challenging. The teachers are dedicated and caring. Questions and concerns are addressed quickly by the Principal and Assistant Principal. The school and church community is made up of a group of people with a common interest ; to serve God and serve one another.

St. Thomas the Apostle Church and School is a beautiful community of parents, teachers, and students. The academic program is challenging, and the teachers are exceptional in differentiating the instruction to accommodate all learners. The administration has adopted the international baccalaureate program, in which the school will be the first archdiocese school in Miami to be authorized both in the primary and middle years. It's amazing to see the change in the students and how they take pride in their projects and in their learning experiences due to the new method of instruction which is more project based. The Catholic identity of the school is prevalent in all activities due to the leadership of the Pastor, Fr. Kubala. The principal, administrators, and several teachers are alumni and parents of students as well. It is a safe, caring, and loving environment with extracurricular activities for all students. My children are happy and truly enjoy their school. God has become the center of their lives.

like someone said price and all added fees are very disappointing. They do not care if you are parishioner. they will charge over 14K (now in 2012) plus FEES. They care more about your money than you. Beware pls I am not the only one that feels like this. I am taking my child out of this school for good.

Last modified St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic is a Private school that serves grades PK-8