St Brendan Catholic High School 1

Posted July 07, 2015
I am going to be a senior now and I have been at st brendan all three years and I could say without a doubt if I could do it all over I wouldn't have gone to st brendan the only reason why I am staying is just because it's my senior year and all of my friends are here. If you go down to July 3rd of 2013 through the 26 it's about five or so amazing comments about the school if your wondering about that it is because on those days the factually sent an email to the teachers to write good reviews about the school. If you want an honest review about the school then ask one of the students who go to school there don't ask the factually because they will flat out lie to you, please choose another school to send your kid to

St Brendan Catholic High School 3

Posted May 17, 2015
The reputation of this school has fallen really low compared to previous years . I planned to take my kids there and did check with several parents abut this and many other schools. Many parents including parents who had graduated from this school stated that in the past you could graduate from St Brendan and could make it into good universities in the country but now you could consider yourself lucky if your child makes it to a local mid ranking university. Another parent told me that the a high percent of the students are coming from one specific country. Other parent told me that may parents who recently arrive from another country place their students at that school. the appearance of the school is not the best, the staff don't have a professional appearance. Once you go into the main office and see the parents and relatives coming in and out of it you definitely don't want to continue the registration process. The school doesn't have a gifted program nor programs for the underachievers. My question is if the school classes are all advanced how can a student who just got to America without knowledge of the English language can make through the year?

Posted October 29, 2014
I am a freshman this year and it is literally the best decision I have ever made. Saint Brendan not only is challenging. me academically through the alpha program but also brought me together with my faith. I have met so many nice people and the teachers are great especially Mr.Fitts. Absolutely wouldn't prefer anything else
5 people found this helpful

Posted August 24, 2014
Phenomenal school! Safe,diverse, and there seems to be something for everyone! Students seem happy and the faculty and staff are welcoming.

St Brendan Catholic High School 1

Posted August 07, 2014
Please note how a significant amount of the positive reviews came within days of each other. I know for a fact that it was a planned response by the administration. Look at the dates, acronyms, & terminology and it should be evident to you as well.
6 people found this helpful

Posted May 04, 2014
STBHS is a fantastic school with wonderful educators. My daughter is a sophomore and she loves attending this school. It is very good academically and there are many different clubs/activities for students to get into.

Posted February 22, 2014
Now I srsly hate how some people are putting this really bad reviews about this school. I LOVE THIS SCHOOL, for. The student point of view nothing had changed, yea and what some teachers left BUT THATS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD. From what I have heard from THE PRINCIPAL ITSELF in the open house, the academies would be added next year for the '18 freshmen class and for the current freshmen to start next year. and then if your child is is getting drunk high or whatever it's happening they should think over their relations and the friends they have not blame the school!! No school is "stalking" a student's personal life, after all, a lot of stuff have changed in the past years and I'm not talking about the school but abut society in General so yea. Also stop saying some of this reviews are fake bc in really done with you people.

St Brendan Catholic High School 2

Posted August 03, 2013
This school was a very fine school once. However, since the big change in 2012 it has been a school based on false promises. Many of its best teachers have left, which is a bad sign when a school starts to do badly. They want the school to be like Belen, Columbus, or Lourdes, which will never happen. St. Brendan was a special school designed to serve a special student. The administration is working hard to change the image of the school into one of excellence, which will never happen. Most of the good reviews here are fake and written by them. If you want to go to a good school like Belen, Columbus, or Lourdes, then go to those schools and not St. Brendan. One teacher (who is still there and confided to me) told me that the teachers rat out each other and that the administration favors some and not others. I noticed some of those teachers posted a good review here. This of course has caused major problems and it shows in the level of education they are now giving the students.
4 people found this helpful

St Brendan Catholic High School 3

Posted August 02, 2013
STBHS isn't what it used to be, and that means different things to different people. If you attended before 2012, you may recall the unique, warm atmosphere where students of all socioeconomic levels fit in. There was a place for the shy ones, the nerdy ones, the wholesome ones, and even those who were a bit rough around the edges. The bright students would succeed in AP/honors classes, and the not-so-bright ones would somehow find their own way. Students felt comfortable and loved. Much has changed with this new "vision." It began with a few tweaks, and then it went completely overboard...the school's unique personality and culture perhaps getting lost among the way. Some might argue that STBHS needed to be overhauled to be more like Lourdes or Belen in academics and reputation. They forget that STBHS ultimately serves a more diverse community/niche. Students and parents are aware of the negative impact, as expressed in the reviews below. They have genuine concerns about why a significant number of beloved teachers will not be returning. Only time will tell how these changes-for-the- sake-of-change will truly impact the school's future.

Posted July 26, 2013
My name is Mike Fitts, and I am an educator at STBHS. I love being there. As the Accreditation Coordinator, I have worked very closely with Dr. Rodelgo (Principal), Mrs. Suarez (Assistant Principal), and Mrs. Acosta (Dean of Academics and Director of Academies). They are devoted, hard-working professionals who care about the school and our students. I can't tell you how many hours we have all worked as a team to take our academics to the next level, from being commended for the thoroughness of our improvements by our accrediting agency to establishing a culture of continuous improvement. If you want your child to be at a school where the faculty and administration really care about the quality of his or her experience, and can deliver a first-rate education, St. Brendan is a great choice.

St Brendan Catholic High School
2950 Southwest 87th Avenue, Miami, FL  33165
Last modified St Brendan Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
St Brendan Catholic High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top