Posted October 29, 2014
I am a freshman this year and it is literally the best decision I have ever made. Saint Brendan not only is challenging. me academically through the alpha program but also brought me together with my faith. I have met so many nice people and the teachers are great especially Mr.Fitts. Absolutely wouldn't prefer anything else

St Brendan Catholic High School 1

Posted August 07, 2014
Please note how a significant amount of the positive reviews came within days of each other. I know for a fact that it was a planned response by the administration. Look at the dates, acronyms, & terminology and it should be evident to you as well.

Posted May 04, 2014
STBHS is a fantastic school with wonderful educators. My daughter is a sophomore and she loves attending this school. It is very good academically and there are many different clubs/activities for students to get into.

Posted February 22, 2014
Now I srsly hate how some people are putting this really bad reviews about this school. I LOVE THIS SCHOOL, for. The student point of view nothing had changed, yea and what some teachers left BUT THATS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD. From what I have heard from THE PRINCIPAL ITSELF in the open house, the academies would be added next year for the '18 freshmen class and for the current freshmen to start next year. and then if your child is is getting drunk high or whatever it's happening they should think over their relations and the friends they have not blame the school!! No school is "stalking" a student's personal life, after all, a lot of stuff have changed in the past years and I'm not talking about the school but abut society in General so yea. Also stop saying some of this reviews are fake bc in really done with you people.

St Brendan Catholic High School 2

Posted August 03, 2013
This school was a very fine school once. However, since the big change in 2012 it has been a school based on false promises. Many of its best teachers have left, which is a bad sign when a school starts to do badly. They want the school to be like Belen, Columbus, or Lourdes, which will never happen. St. Brendan was a special school designed to serve a special student. The administration is working hard to change the image of the school into one of excellence, which will never happen. Most of the good reviews here are fake and written by them. If you want to go to a good school like Belen, Columbus, or Lourdes, then go to those schools and not St. Brendan. One teacher (who is still there and confided to me) told me that the teachers rat out each other and that the administration favors some and not others. I noticed some of those teachers posted a good review here. This of course has caused major problems and it shows in the level of education they are now giving the students.

St Brendan Catholic High School 3

Posted August 02, 2013
STBHS isn't what it used to be, and that means different things to different people. If you attended before 2012, you may recall the unique, warm atmosphere where students of all socioeconomic levels fit in. There was a place for the shy ones, the nerdy ones, the wholesome ones, and even those who were a bit rough around the edges. The bright students would succeed in AP/honors classes, and the not-so-bright ones would somehow find their own way. Students felt comfortable and loved. Much has changed with this new "vision." It began with a few tweaks, and then it went completely overboard...the school's unique personality and culture perhaps getting lost among the way. Some might argue that STBHS needed to be overhauled to be more like Lourdes or Belen in academics and reputation. They forget that STBHS ultimately serves a more diverse community/niche. Students and parents are aware of the negative impact, as expressed in the reviews below. They have genuine concerns about why a significant number of beloved teachers will not be returning. Only time will tell how these changes-for-the- sake-of-change will truly impact the school's future.

Posted July 26, 2013
My name is Mike Fitts, and I am an educator at STBHS. I love being there. As the Accreditation Coordinator, I have worked very closely with Dr. Rodelgo (Principal), Mrs. Suarez (Assistant Principal), and Mrs. Acosta (Dean of Academics and Director of Academies). They are devoted, hard-working professionals who care about the school and our students. I can't tell you how many hours we have all worked as a team to take our academics to the next level, from being commended for the thoroughness of our improvements by our accrediting agency to establishing a culture of continuous improvement. If you want your child to be at a school where the faculty and administration really care about the quality of his or her experience, and can deliver a first-rate education, St. Brendan is a great choice.

Posted July 23, 2013
I've been thinking for the past three minutes deciding how to even start this. How do I tell people in a couple of lines about the school that gave me the best four years of my life? Graduating with the class of 2013, I know my life is just beginning. However, the path I am taking has been paved by St. Brendan High School. This school will always be my "home away from home." The teachers and faculty became my second parents. The girls on my team were my sisters. I was always surrounded by family. St. Brendan allows their students, of all levels, to grow inside and outside the classroom. With the academies coming next year, I know the education will continue to excel. Would I do the past four years again? I absolutely would! It doesn't work like that, though, and you have to live. I can't thank St. Brendan enough for guiding me and helping me become the person I am today. I love my Sabre family!

Posted July 16, 2013
My name is Ana de Armas and I am a current teacher at St. Brendan High School. I am also an alum along with my 6 brothers and sisters and countless other family members. I love my alma mater and my colleagues and my students. For this reason, I have chosen to respond to the less than accurate remarks made by the "parent" on June 23. To say that the Academies are "fake" is an invalid statement. The Academies were formulated to help our students stay on the cutting edge of becoming college and career ready. It takes time to implement a program of this nature. However, the Academies will be launched with this incoming Freshman class. They will take their core classes and discover their strengths. By Sophomore year, they may begin to chose their "track". The Academies should function much like declaring a major in college.

Posted July 03, 2013
I came to Saint Brendan as a shy, quiet person who kept to himself, but the great students and teachers helped me come out of my shell. I would go so far as to say that I did not simply change during my four years, rather I evolved. To say that the faculty at Saint Brendan is just good would be a gross understatement. They do not just hire educators there; they hire leaders, caregivers, and role models. These teachers helped me accomplish more then I could ever imagine. I started my freshman year with just one AP class and I thought that was plenty, but my teachers gave me the tools and encouragement to complete twelve AP classes by the time I graduated. My senior year I really saw how much these teachers really do care. They helped me get into colleges I could only have dreamed of getting accepted into, and seemed to be as happy for me as I was I was for myself. Now, as a fresh graduate I can say that I will look back on my times at Saint Brendan feeling not only satisfied, but proud, of my school and all that I accomplished while there. My only hope is that they keep up the good work in the distant future so that I can give my children the same wonderful experience I had.

St Brendan Catholic High School
2950 Southwest 87th Avenue, Miami, FL  33165
Last modified St Brendan Catholic High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
St Brendan Catholic High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top