Saint Brendan Elementary School

Private | 1-8

Living in Miami

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $142,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,180.

Sweep tile

Posted April 3, 2014

Our daughters have been at SBE for 6 years now. Excellent environment, some great teachers along the way, increasing use of technology and, for the past several years, outstanding leadership. The new Principal is taking many advancements to the next level.

Posted January 9, 2014

St. Brendan Elementary has been our saving grace. We transferred to the school this year from another archdiocesan school. The community has welcomed both of my children with open arms. The teachers and administrators are top notch educators and very caring and dedicated to the school.

Posted November 5, 2013

Outstanding school: top quality academics in all subjects; middle schoolers very well prepared for high school of their choice; Christian values are not only taught they are practiced by staff, teachers and children!; top notch technologies such as Prometheus boards and Ipads; great families! Several years ago we switched our children from St John Neumann to St Brendan. Every day I thank the Lord that my children go to this school, every day I am thrilled that we are a part of this wonderful community. Excellent principal and school!

Posted May 6, 2013

There are a few teachers that are totally worth it!!!. Unfortunately, there are some mothers that are so such brown nosers and, get so much into the teachers' business that is disgusting to see that the school will allow such behavior (always roaming in the hallway with the excuse of being "homeroom delegates"!!! You can see their noses are brown!!!!). The teachers (if they manage not to get fired!!) try their best, however, they are afraid of being replaced by way less experienced staff (sometimes their own assistants of course...less salary) It is a shame this school's education has gone down the drain so fast!! Spanish and Technology are good!

Posted May 2, 2013

With over 22 years of teaching in Dade county, I am very happy that my daughter now attends SBE!!! The made almost a clean seep this year in ALL the Academic Olympics and have been moving forward in incorporating technology and cooperative approaches in all areas of education. My daughter scored an average of 94% in her IOWA exams this year! I love SBE!!!

Posted June 7, 2012

no matter how much a school cost....if you don't have good teachers, good morals, good community it does not matter the cost - you need to value all - you need to make sure that all know that they matter -

Posted February 15, 2012

My children attend St. Brendan and it is an excellent school for the cost. Yes there are better private schools in Miami if you can afford the 15k-25k yearly tuition. I believe I pay about 6k for tuition(not sure wife pays bills).Great teachers, staff etc. Sports programs that start at 2nd grade. Highly recommend school. An for the person complaining about no heaters, I have lived in Miami all my life, 46 years, I have never used a heater during the day.

Posted February 14, 2012

My son has attended St. Brendan Elementary since Kindergarten and he loves his school. Teachers are knowledgeable, caring individuals who do everything they can to help the children achieve their maximum potential. Parents are required to get involved and the school provides ample opportunities for their involvement. The students are tought solid roman catholic values, love of God, compassion, and honesty.

Posted January 2, 2012

Poor the little children and the parents that pay so much money. They don't know what came into their school as principal. You will all find out soon enough with her discriminatory ways.

Posted March 26, 2010

It is a shame that a bitter and unhappy parent complaining about gossiping has to go public with something that could have been addressed directly with the school and teacher. If any child needs tutoring it's either because they need the extra help or parents are not supporting at home. I am a current and long time parent of an 8th grader in the special ed program and I am extremly proud of the academic progress these students have made and that they were all accepted into their chosen highschool including COLUMBUS! The teachers are amazing and dedicated to all of the students. I am very proud to say that my child attends the Felix Varela program at St. Brendan Elementary.

Posted March 19, 2010

The special ed program is horrible my son was there for years and needed a tutor. None of the kids in the program are accepted in Columbus they try to get them enrolled in St. Brendan Special Ed program. I have had several teacher admit they had to send my child to another teacher to teach him a math problem. One of the assistants who was teaching 1/2 of the class because they split them into levels actually admitted to me that she was horrible in math. The gossip among teachers is horrible. I think it is a waste. I will admit the new principal is trying but I really do not know if she can make such drastic changes.

Posted February 26, 2010

I have two sons in the school for three consecutive years and I just learned from the teacher the school has no heater system. My son complains his hands are so 'cold' it makes it difficult for him to concentrate in class, given this year's long winter. Yet home and school committee are so proud of their collection of over $11,000 in their recent fund raising event. When are they going to put the money towards the school (children)needs?

Posted October 8, 2009

St. Brendan Elementary School has good discipline, education, and the students are well-mannered. The students' parents as well as the school itself, care to teach the kids good moral values as well as a sense of responsibility which is very much needed in this day and age!!!

Posted September 24, 2009

I believe the school is moving in the right direction. In January of this year we got a new principal, as always change is difficult and people are resistent to change and unforfunately quick to judge. The new principal has taken the time to sit with the educators of our children, hear our concerns and bring her experience to the table. I feel the school is moving the right direction.

Posted June 19, 2009

I can't say enough on how happy my child is at this school. My daughter had an excellent 1st grade teacher. She was loving, caring but at the same time strict and very professional. For the rest of the school staff and personnel I have no complaints. The new principal is very professional and caring as well.

Posted June 17, 2009

The school's new principal has amazing leadership skills. She has only been there since January and she has made a positive impact already. She communicates with parents on a monthly basis. She is a true professional. My children have been attending this school for the past 5 years and I am a public school teacher. I am confident that the new principal will take St. Brendan to higher standards. My only concern is the animosity of some teachers and school office whom been in the school for too long and that might interfere with changes. I just hope the rest of the teachers, parents and the priest believes in her and gives her the chance to succeed.

Posted June 5, 2009

The lack of leadership sometimes worries me. The Principal last year was wishy washy, and sometimes the direction is more on Money than education. It is a very expensive school and the quality should be monitored. most teachers are good, but then the few bad ones are really really bad.

Posted May 29, 2009

The new principal is a long-time educator who consistently sends home information about the happenings at the school. Some of the teachers are hard-working and enthusiastic, while others lack basic teaching skills and classroom management. Too much emphasis is placed on copying and not on teachers interacting with the class. My children have attended the school for four years, but positive changes have been very slow to arrive. More emphasis on providing a rigorous teaching environment is needed. I spend too much time instructing at home instead of reviewing.

Posted May 18, 2009

This is our first year in the school, and so far so good! when it comes to academic, my child comes from a public school and the improvement is great, the only thing I find is the new principal this year 09, she is more concern about religion than academics, and she is always finding a reason to get more money out of parents. You never see her around in the school or talking with parents/studens as the previous principal on 08, he had more carisma....sorry but is the truth.

Posted May 4, 2009

Not to sure of this school principal is not communicating with parents it;s not about the kids anymore.

Asian 0% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Foreign languages taught
Foreign languages spoken by staff

Health & athletics

• Access to sports fields

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • AISF
Fax number
  • (305) 554-6726

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Chapel/spiritual reflection center
  • Computer
  • Library
  • Playground
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Miami

• Choir / Chorus

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

8755 SW 32nd St