Posted June 04, 2014
Our Lady of Lourdes Academy is overrated. Teachers are mediocre, and the administration cares more about the physical appearance of the campus than the actual education the girls are receiving. But then again, this is typical of Miami in general and South Miami in particular. It's all about what people see, not about substance.

Posted May 04, 2014
OLLA academically is very good, no doubt about it. They prepare you for your future and they do want the best for you. HOWEVER, the girls attending the school are way too snobby in my opinion. Many seem to be into what car they drive, cliques, etc. My daughter had a hard time adjusting at first but she grew into it and seems to be doing much better.

Posted April 20, 2014
Really low standards and a school FULL of the meanest girls in Miami. This school is the cheapest in the area thus why it attracts so many ill-bred girls. Steer clear of the school and most of the girls there - not a place where many nice people remain.

Posted March 12, 2014
I pulled my daughter out after I realized that 75% of the girls end up at FIU. Nothing against FIU, but spending $40K+ for that? Not the greatest atmosphere either - snobby, cliques, and questionable language. Save your money and get them into an IB program at a local high school/charter school instead. Make sure you teach them the right values at home and make God the center. You won't need this school if you do.

Posted February 25, 2014
Our Lady of Lourdes Academy is the worst school in Miami. Though they preach that they have the best education and they follow a Christian Life they are completely off track. It is a school based on my way or the high way. They teach the girls that voicing their opinions is wrong. The main goal of the school is to preserve the "reputation" of the school without caring about the true concerns of the girls.

Posted February 13, 2014
DO NOT SEND YOUR DAUGHTER TO THIS SCHOOL! Be warned that after a few years in this school, your once confident , strong and self-secure daughter will come out of this school feeling insecure, not smart and not a good person--No matter what level of intelligence, your daughter will be knocked down, I promise you. This school has deterioted greatly over the last several years. Especially and mostly due to the current administration. The current Principal and Deans do not care about the girls and only care about their reputation in the community, politics, and money. This is not the spiritual loving environment you would expect from an all girl catholic high school. And the reason starts at the TOP, the administration! They will suppress your daughter and belittle her. I am speaking from the experience of 100 girls that were suspended this year because they sent tweets including information about their negative feelings toward this school. If over 100 girls had the courage to tweet something negative about this intstitution then, I feel and I know, it must me true. Mark my words, your daughter will never be the same if she attends this school. Please beware! God bless you!

Posted February 10, 2014
I can not say I miss going to school at Our Lady of Lourdes Academy. I was depressed and felt lesser than what I truly am my four years of school. The staff claims to want to grow all their students but from my experience, it seems that they only focus on the ones who come in with the best entrance exam grades. They want you to be the best but they will not try hard to help you reach your potential if you do not appear to be the hardest working students. There is no care for those who need it, only for those who seem to "deserve" it. Some of the greatest teachers I have ever had taught me at that school, but were pushed away by the staff and do not work there anymore. If any parent wants to argue this case because of their great academics, I argue, what is education without a healthy lifestyle? I was not handed anything. Immediately after I left Lourdes I lived on my own and went to school, got a job and paid for many of my own things, with my wonderful parents' help. I have since become much happier in my life while achieving a good overall GPA. So, no it was not that I was spoiled and thought the world owed me something.

Our Lady Of Lourdes Academy 2

Posted August 12, 2013
I graduated from OLLA two years ago and have not missed it since! I feel that this school is overrated and not worth the tuition cost. A lot of the faculty had a "better than" attitude towards the students and did not care to make the students feel welcomed to the school. I admit that the coursework was difficult at times and the girls could be snobby, but it was not unmanageable. While at lourdes, I did not feel that the science department was up to modern standards and the courses I took didn't really help me get through any my college courses. Bottom line is that I wish I would have enjoyed my high-school experience elsewhere and feel bad that my dad spent his hard earned money here.

Our Lady Of Lourdes Academy 5

Posted June 22, 2011
The best investment I ever made. The school's curriculum is quite challenging, but as a parent I love watching my daughter challenge herself. It's sad when I hear previous students trash-talk about the school, but that is part of one of the downsides of the school: some of the girls who attend are quite spoiled and believe that the world owes them something. Obviously, however, that is not the school's fault, but rather, the parent's. My daughter graduated three years ago and is now attending a well-known and highly-regarded university. Overall, the school is an excellent choice for parents who wish to see their daughters succeede in a community-orriented environment.

Posted March 08, 2011
I am a graduate of Our Lady of Lourdes Academy and I currently go to a top-15 American university. Lourdes had absolutely nothing to do with my success. It's a shame I was smarter than both my teachers and my peers. Most teachers hardly speak proper English, and the students all have heavy accents and are overly concerned with the car they drive. Send your daughter here only if you don't care about diversity or education. Otherwise, send your daughter here if she is individual and intelligent enough to know this is not a good school, and to take nothing from the experience.

Our Lady Of Lourdes Academy
5525 Southwest 84th Street, Miami, FL  33143
Last modified Our Lady Of Lourdes Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Our Lady Of Lourdes Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews.