Our Lady Of Lourdes Academy 2

Posted October 21, 2014
I have had 2 children go to coral reef. They were so excited in the beginning but when they started school they started to hate it. The teachers weren't interactive and my Childs grades were suffering. Coral reef from my experience is a very clicky school. I thought they were making a mistake (because coral reef is supposed to be amazing) when one transferred to a public and the other to private but they go to very good colleges now. I think overall coral reef is only a good school for certain students and is definitely not for everyone.

Our Lady Of Lourdes Academy 2

Posted September 29, 2014
OLLA is a good school, if you consider what Catholic education does, namely indoctrinate students in a narrow point of view. This is not the place to develop the ability to think freely, openly, and confidently. I want my daughter to learn to think like a contemporary, rational person.

Our Lady Of Lourdes Academy 5

Posted September 28, 2014
I am currently a student at Lourdes. I honestly cannot relate to a single negative review on this website (mostly from parents). As a student, I can assure that the girls in this school are not snobby, cliquey, or any other one of the nasty comments made in previous posts. I have felt nothing but positivity and sisterhood from the girls here; Lourdes fosters a community. I can also assure the academics are nothing but stellar. I feel my pursuit to college will be a breeze because of this establishment. From personal experience, I can say the teachers here really do care for the girls. The teachers and other staff members have clearly shown how much they love this school and everyone in it. Another note: yes, construction has been going on recently, but that does not mean the school cares only for its outward appearance. Has anyone ever thought of what construction has brought? The school now has labs for the girls to collaborate together during school hours, and a new gym for all athletes. All in all, I feel this school has been nothing but a gift in my life. This school has given me numerous opportunities to show me how bright my future will be.

Posted June 04, 2014
Our Lady of Lourdes Academy is overrated. Teachers are mediocre, and the administration cares more about the physical appearance of the campus than the actual education the girls are receiving. But then again, this is typical of Miami in general and South Miami in particular. It's all about what people see, not about substance.

Our Lady Of Lourdes Academy 3

Posted May 04, 2014
OLLA academically is very good, no doubt about it. They prepare you for your future and they do want the best for you. HOWEVER, the girls attending the school are way too snobby in my opinion. Many seem to be into what car they drive, cliques, etc. My daughter had a hard time adjusting at first but she grew into it and seems to be doing much better.

Posted April 20, 2014
Really low standards and a school FULL of the meanest girls in Miami. This school is the cheapest in the area thus why it attracts so many ill-bred girls. Steer clear of the school and most of the girls there - not a place where many nice people remain.

Our Lady Of Lourdes Academy 3

Posted March 12, 2014
I pulled my daughter out after I realized that 75% of the girls end up at FIU. Nothing against FIU, but spending $40K+ for that? Not the greatest atmosphere either - snobby, cliques, and questionable language. Save your money and get them into an IB program at a local high school/charter school instead. Make sure you teach them the right values at home and make God the center. You won't need this school if you do.

Posted February 25, 2014
Our Lady of Lourdes Academy is the worst school in Miami. Though they preach that they have the best education and they follow a Christian Life they are completely off track. It is a school based on my way or the high way. They teach the girls that voicing their opinions is wrong. The main goal of the school is to preserve the "reputation" of the school without caring about the true concerns of the girls.

Posted February 13, 2014
DO NOT SEND YOUR DAUGHTER TO THIS SCHOOL! Be warned that after a few years in this school, your once confident , strong and self-secure daughter will come out of this school feeling insecure, not smart and not a good person--No matter what level of intelligence, your daughter will be knocked down, I promise you. This school has deterioted greatly over the last several years. Especially and mostly due to the current administration. The current Principal and Deans do not care about the girls and only care about their reputation in the community, politics, and money. This is not the spiritual loving environment you would expect from an all girl catholic high school. And the reason starts at the TOP, the administration! They will suppress your daughter and belittle her. I am speaking from the experience of 100 girls that were suspended this year because they sent tweets including information about their negative feelings toward this school. If over 100 girls had the courage to tweet something negative about this intstitution then, I feel and I know, it must me true. Mark my words, your daughter will never be the same if she attends this school. Please beware! God bless you!

Posted February 10, 2014
I can not say I miss going to school at Our Lady of Lourdes Academy. I was depressed and felt lesser than what I truly am my four years of school. The staff claims to want to grow all their students but from my experience, it seems that they only focus on the ones who come in with the best entrance exam grades. They want you to be the best but they will not try hard to help you reach your potential if you do not appear to be the hardest working students. There is no care for those who need it, only for those who seem to "deserve" it. Some of the greatest teachers I have ever had taught me at that school, but were pushed away by the staff and do not work there anymore. If any parent wants to argue this case because of their great academics, I argue, what is education without a healthy lifestyle? I was not handed anything. Immediately after I left Lourdes I lived on my own and went to school, got a job and paid for many of my own things, with my wonderful parents' help. I have since become much happier in my life while achieving a good overall GPA. So, no it was not that I was spoiled and thought the world owed me something.

Our Lady Of Lourdes Academy
5525 Southwest 84th Street, Miami, FL  33143
Last modified Our Lady Of Lourdes Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Our Lady Of Lourdes Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top