9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

I graduated from Lourdes in 87' and have never nor will I ever set foot on that campus again.

this is an all girls snobby school. they only care about who they are dating (it has to be a Columbus Boy of course). all the girls here make the school seem perfect and a "sister-hood that's irreplaceable" but honestly I recommend Archbishop Coleman Carroll. I have two daughters, one came here on her freshmen year and the other went to ACC. to tell you the truth the one that went to ACC had a MUCH better freshmen year. this school is not deserving of all of its fame, not to mention you have to be top of the class to get in. they only focus on the best of the best students and care little about the others. so OLLA will not be seeing a dime out of my pocket next year. if you really love your daughter TAKE HER OUT OF THIS SCHOOL AND GO TO ACC ITS THE BEST CHOICE YOU'LL EVER MAKE TRUST OUR COMMUNITY OVER AT ACC. ACC IS THE PLACE TO BE!!

Amazing students who love their alma mater. High expectations and performance-- also, real results rather than marketing film flam for "academies." Great enough to be trolled extensively by jealous haters from inferior schools.

Not too great. Very closed community with little diverse interaction. Most classes are test-driven, and the material is barely taught well.

I currently attend OLLA and I honestly do not understand why some parents or people say that OLLA is a school full of snobby students. At ALL schools you will find some snobs or cliques! You CANNOT avoid that. If you decide to attend another school simply based on what some assume then you are missing out on 4 years of great education, genuine laughs, and a sister-ship that cannot be made elsewhere. I came to this school with 1 friend...just 1! I was scared of course, but I was positive that I would make more. I have since made some of my best friends in my first year here at OLLA that I know I will have for life. Those who say that OLLA is a school full of snobs are only assuming that because of stereotypical ideas on an all-girl community! Girls here are not consumed in what car they drive, what bags they have, etc. (FYI most ppl at OLLA drive modest cars and have Jansports!!) Teachers here are compassionate and awesome! There are also no distractions with boys, and girly fun is everywhere! I honestly am so happy to have chosen Lourdes as my home for 4 years of my life. I promise you that you and your daughter will feel the same way if she chooses OLLA.

OLLA is a good school, if you consider what Catholic education does, namely indoctrinate students in a narrow point of view. This is not the place to develop the ability to think freely, openly, and confidently. I want my daughter to learn to think like a contemporary, rational person.

I am currently a student at Lourdes. I honestly cannot relate to a single negative review on this website (mostly from parents). As a student, I can assure that the girls in this school are not snobby, cliquey, or any other one of the nasty comments made in previous posts. I have felt nothing but positivity and sisterhood from the girls here; Lourdes fosters a community. I can also assure the academics are nothing but stellar. I feel my pursuit to college will be a breeze because of this establishment. From personal experience, I can say the teachers here really do care for the girls. The teachers and other staff members have clearly shown how much they love this school and everyone in it. Another note: yes, construction has been going on recently, but that does not mean the school cares only for its outward appearance. Has anyone ever thought of what construction has brought? The school now has labs for the girls to collaborate together during school hours, and a new gym for all athletes. All in all, I feel this school has been nothing but a gift in my life. This school has given me numerous opportunities to show me how bright my future will be.

Our Lady of Lourdes Academy is overrated. Teachers are mediocre, and the administration cares more about the physical appearance of the campus than the actual education the girls are receiving. But then again, this is typical of Miami in general and South Miami in particular. It's all about what people see, not about substance.

OLLA academically is very good, no doubt about it. They prepare you for your future and they do want the best for you. HOWEVER, the girls attending the school are way too snobby in my opinion. Many seem to be into what car they drive, cliques, etc. My daughter had a hard time adjusting at first but she grew into it and seems to be doing much better.

I pulled my daughter out after I realized that 75% of the girls end up at FIU. Nothing against FIU, but spending $40K+ for that? Not the greatest atmosphere either - snobby, cliques, and questionable language. Save your money and get them into an IB program at a local high school/charter school instead. Make sure you teach them the right values at home and make God the center. You won't need this school if you do.

Last modified Our Lady Of Lourdes Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12