9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Posted November 29, 2015
Amazing students who love their alma mater. High expectations and performance-- also, real results rather than marketing film flam for "academies." Great enough to be trolled extensively by jealous haters from inferior schools.

Posted August 12, 2015
Not too great. Very closed community with little diverse interaction. Most classes are test-driven, and the material is barely taught well.

Posted March 17, 2015
I currently attend OLLA and I honestly do not understand why some parents or people say that OLLA is a school full of snobby students. At ALL schools you will find some snobs or cliques! You CANNOT avoid that. If you decide to attend another school simply based on what some assume then you are missing out on 4 years of great education, genuine laughs, and a sister-ship that cannot be made elsewhere. I came to this school with 1 friend...just 1! I was scared of course, but I was positive that I would make more. I have since made some of my best friends in my first year here at OLLA that I know I will have for life. Those who say that OLLA is a school full of snobs are only assuming that because of stereotypical ideas on an all-girl community! Girls here are not consumed in what car they drive, what bags they have, etc. (FYI most ppl at OLLA drive modest cars and have Jansports!!) Teachers here are compassionate and awesome! There are also no distractions with boys, and girly fun is everywhere! I honestly am so happy to have chosen Lourdes as my home for 4 years of my life. I promise you that you and your daughter will feel the same way if she chooses OLLA.

Our Lady Of Lourdes Academy 2

Posted September 29, 2014
OLLA is a good school, if you consider what Catholic education does, namely indoctrinate students in a narrow point of view. This is not the place to develop the ability to think freely, openly, and confidently. I want my daughter to learn to think like a contemporary, rational person.

Posted September 28, 2014
I am currently a student at Lourdes. I honestly cannot relate to a single negative review on this website (mostly from parents). As a student, I can assure that the girls in this school are not snobby, cliquey, or any other one of the nasty comments made in previous posts. I have felt nothing but positivity and sisterhood from the girls here; Lourdes fosters a community. I can also assure the academics are nothing but stellar. I feel my pursuit to college will be a breeze because of this establishment. From personal experience, I can say the teachers here really do care for the girls. The teachers and other staff members have clearly shown how much they love this school and everyone in it. Another note: yes, construction has been going on recently, but that does not mean the school cares only for its outward appearance. Has anyone ever thought of what construction has brought? The school now has labs for the girls to collaborate together during school hours, and a new gym for all athletes. All in all, I feel this school has been nothing but a gift in my life. This school has given me numerous opportunities to show me how bright my future will be.

Posted June 04, 2014
Our Lady of Lourdes Academy is overrated. Teachers are mediocre, and the administration cares more about the physical appearance of the campus than the actual education the girls are receiving. But then again, this is typical of Miami in general and South Miami in particular. It's all about what people see, not about substance.

Our Lady Of Lourdes Academy 3

Posted May 04, 2014
OLLA academically is very good, no doubt about it. They prepare you for your future and they do want the best for you. HOWEVER, the girls attending the school are way too snobby in my opinion. Many seem to be into what car they drive, cliques, etc. My daughter had a hard time adjusting at first but she grew into it and seems to be doing much better.

Our Lady Of Lourdes Academy 3

Posted March 12, 2014
I pulled my daughter out after I realized that 75% of the girls end up at FIU. Nothing against FIU, but spending $40K+ for that? Not the greatest atmosphere either - snobby, cliques, and questionable language. Save your money and get them into an IB program at a local high school/charter school instead. Make sure you teach them the right values at home and make God the center. You won't need this school if you do.

Posted February 25, 2014
Our Lady of Lourdes Academy is the worst school in Miami. Though they preach that they have the best education and they follow a Christian Life they are completely off track. It is a school based on my way or the high way. They teach the girls that voicing their opinions is wrong. The main goal of the school is to preserve the "reputation" of the school without caring about the true concerns of the girls.

Posted February 13, 2014
DO NOT SEND YOUR DAUGHTER TO THIS SCHOOL! Be warned that after a few years in this school, your once confident , strong and self-secure daughter will come out of this school feeling insecure, not smart and not a good person--No matter what level of intelligence, your daughter will be knocked down, I promise you. This school has deterioted greatly over the last several years. Especially and mostly due to the current administration. The current Principal and Deans do not care about the girls and only care about their reputation in the community, politics, and money. This is not the spiritual loving environment you would expect from an all girl catholic high school. And the reason starts at the TOP, the administration! They will suppress your daughter and belittle her. I am speaking from the experience of 100 girls that were suspended this year because they sent tweets including information about their negative feelings toward this school. If over 100 girls had the courage to tweet something negative about this intstitution then, I feel and I know, it must me true. Mark my words, your daughter will never be the same if she attends this school. Please beware! God bless you!

Our Lady Of Lourdes Academy
5525 Southwest 84th Street, Miami, FL  33143
Last modified Our Lady Of Lourdes Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Our Lady Of Lourdes Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top