Posted May 05, 2014
I totally disagree with the parent from message 03/2014. My son is in 6th grade and my husband and I feel 100% comfortable with Belen.. We as a parents are extremely happy with our desicion sending our only son to a all boys school..This a great school. It's nothing wrong of sending a boy to all boys school. We love Belen!!

Belen Jesuit Prep School 1

Posted March 23, 2014
actually the problem here is the only males are in school devastating the social life of the students, psychologically they are destroy and as the years goes by they show it in their socialization throughout the rest of their life and specially in college, sad for them ,

Posted May 11, 2013
My son attends Belen since 6th grade, he will be in 11th grade next Fall. I could not be happier of the choice we made for our son's education.Yes, the school might not be ideal for every student. It is demanding, both academically and with the involvement in social work, for both students and parents. The end result is a highly competent young man with extraordinary work ethics and manners that are not common in our time. The students bond well beyond graduation day, as this has been a tradition of Belen since 1854. Worth every sacrifice (if you consider a sacrifice getting involved in your child's education).

Posted December 30, 2012
Belen is not a school for every young man. It is academically rigorous and demands a high level of participation by both students and parents in school and civic activities. If a student is a persistent troublemaker, lackadaisical in his studies, or lacking a reasonable degree of intelligence, it's just a matter of time before he will either leave of his own accord or be asked to leave. And while not every young man that attends Belen is outstanding, by the time of graduation the vast majority of graduates are precisely the type of young men all parents hope their boys will someday become. It's not a perfect school and occasionally a marginal teacher creeps into the mix, but the overall dedication of the teachers and administration is extraordinary, the foundation in academics and life skills that the boys receive is exceptional, and the respect and love the boys gain for one another as they mature is sure to last a lifetime. I believe that our two boys (now young men) greatly benefitted from their experience at Belen. I'm not sure that my wife and I could have done as right by them on our own.

Belen Jesuit Prep School 1

Posted March 26, 2012
This school is academically challenging, but "Men for Others" it is not. The boys in this school are very cruel to new arrivals. They seem to think they are all priviliged and lack respect for both parents and teachers. The culture in this school is either a sign of the times or a massive failure in "Christian Values" education.

Posted June 28, 2011
It's not a school only, it's a community where these kids become "Men for Others" and all their accomplishments are to benefit the society that they live in. Expect for your boy to become a man with great knowledge, deep faith and eagerness to succeed in life.

Belen Jesuit Prep School 0

Posted October 09, 2010
Belen Jesuit teach in the tradition of the Jesuit order emphasizing academics and being "Men for others". They teach the kids on being involved more with society and the culture to make it a better world in our society. . Organizing mission trips to Dominican Republic, helping is causes such as Autism Walk, if only but a few of many example that involves the kids in charitable activities.

Posted May 16, 2010
My son has been since 6th grade in Belen. I do not have to worry for bad influences, all his friends are focus in their future careers.

Posted January 07, 2010

Belen Jesuit Prep School 0

Posted December 28, 2009
This school is overrated. Only good for those that are brains and athletes. Your normal average student will fail here. Faculty plays favoritism with athletes, they can wear long hair, etc.

Belen Jesuit Prep School
500 Southwest 127th Avenue, Miami, FL  33184
Last modified Belen Jesuit Prep School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12
Belen Jesuit Prep School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top