Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 13, 2015
My oldest son started the school in 9th grade in august he'll be in twelve grade. We been to different schools like st James catholic(1st -6th grade ). Aspira Ram (7&8th grade ). NCA is the best by far. The teachers are always available to talk about your child. The school keep you posted on your child activities, homework, bahavior good or bad. The teachers and the office staff are very nice and most of all professional. I watched the students from the school the way they behaved is very different from others in a good way. I trust the school with my son to the point my youngest will be attending 9th grade their this year. The class size are very small witch is good from my point of view i can understand the fees for the field trips are high ($45) .As far as money hungry please I disagree cause if put your child in a private school you agree to pay the school fees no disrespect to no one the people's who works there have bills to pay and that's their jobs. As a I believe that the child education start at home. You need to learn how to control and discipline your child it's your priorities not the school. I'm affiliate nor work for the school. The first day I walked in this school office I felt comfortable, and safe. Parents please stops blaming the school for your child behavior and you not paying your bills.

Northwest Christian Academy 2

Posted May 12, 2015
My three children attended this school from the time they entered daycare. My oldest, now in 10th grade, was the first and I was extremely happy with the early curriculum. I had every intention of keeping her there through 12th grade. However, as she entered first and then 2nd grade something went terribly wrong. She was given work that she had mastered in kindergarten. I asked several times for more rigor, something to challenge her and nothing. At the final meeting, I told the lead teacher that I would have to pull her from the school if the curriculum wasn't improved and was told "that is your prerogative". The response stopped me cold. I suggest any parent considering NCA, look very closely at the curriculum. The K4 and K5 program is AWESOME with the best teachers the county has to offer. They will give your child the boost they need before entering public school. It's been my experience that anything beyond K5 is a waste of time and money, sadly. It's unfortunate especially when the desire for a good Christian education is so vital.

Posted April 14, 2015
OMG! this school has only one good review from 13 reviews. I just pay $ 300 to register my son to that school now I am debating I may have to loose that money even though time is hard but with these reviews I am wonder ??????

Posted April 07, 2014
This school is horrible!! They have so much favorites and only care for the children whose parents work there. They are very money hungry and will take your money for anything. There isn't real sports so your child will have no athletic ability. The education is horrible as well they will set you up for failure. Half of the kids that graduated end up in miami dade with no knowledge of advanced topics. The school is really small and it will not allow your child to get the feel of a bigger environment. This school is only good for daycare. They dont show christian qualities at all. DO NOT send your middle or high schooler! I attended 4-8

Posted January 29, 2014
My child has been attending the daycare since August 2013. He has been learning and progressing just fine up until less than a month ago due to a change in the home. The teachers in the center were NOT very supportive. Because my child was acting a little differently, the teachers were prejudice towards him and they did not have very much patients with him. I was called 4 time in less than 30 days to pick him up from school. I also believe the teachers that are currently in the center are a little to old and unfit to care for young, active and hyper toodlers. My child is a normal 2 year old that is in the process of adapting to life's changes. I guess we were look at differently because the change wasn't "Christian like". I withdrew my child on the 4 time I was called to pick him up. BEWARE: Only students whose parents or family members work for the school get the the proper attention. All others are just a business to generate money to pay the staff.

Posted January 23, 2014
Horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This school is not a christian school. If they do not like you they do not like disabled persons
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 14, 2013
I was. The parent whom wrote the a prior review in 2012. The school was great in kindergarten. 1st grade was rough and second is dreadful. This school does not operate fairly. I can't wait to transfer my son. They expect the children to be soldiers as if they are in a military setting. I have had enough of this school. They never pay for anything for example candy for the fall festival. The field trip are now $45 which they are now worth it. Tlpatents has to do an expensive live background check which the school does not reimburse. Get this the children can't to on any field trip unless they have aren't volunteer because they don't have enough staff. This school is based on money.they had to even stop the football.this school is a a mess but I can say the curriculum is also but keeping my son at this school is not worth my sanity nor my child'S. Mrs. Darbose Is the kindergarten teacher and she is awesome which is y my child stayed for first. The grading system is online which is very convenient because it update as the teacher places the grades in. The financial system is also online and you can view any changes online. COUNTING THE DAYS DOWN UNTIL MAY WHEN SCHOOL ENds

Posted October 11, 2013
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. I am a very upset. I'm not happy with the education my children are receiving at this facility. I am also very disatisfied with the way the so called administrators handle discipline. They are very unprofessional and most of them don't even have a CLUE!!!! Some of the Teachers are in major need of serious training, and why do most of them hold so many different positions. Beware!!!! Find another school if you are looking for quality education and a professional staff. Administration is the biggest JOKE!!! They are investigators, the court, trail, jury, and procecutors. Sad....

Posted July 30, 2010
My child is currently attending the Early Learning Center and I've witness a gallon of bleach sitting on their floor, so I told my wife what i witnessed and she told me that she saw them cleaning the walls with bleach while the kids were in the room. Currently looking for another school

Posted April 20, 2010
My family and I love NWCA. We believe our children are getting an outstanding education and are fully prepared for the future.

951 Northwest 136th Street, Miami, FL  33168
Last modified Northwest Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Northwest Christian Academy Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top