Bad
Good

My daughter went to Vanguard School from 1984 to 1987. We came to Vanguard looking for their expertise dealing with learning dissabilities/special ed program. To say that the school under Mr Havrilla's leadership exceeded our expectations is not even close to making justice to what this school did for my child. Not only was her training excellent, but the values and self esteem the school helped her develop have proven invaluable. My daughter is now a 42 year old marvelous mother and wife, compassionate and generous, intelligent and very well adjusted. She successfully graduated from university and became a teacher where she conveyed to her young students the same values and principles she learned at Vanguard. Today we drove by the school and wonderful memories just came pouring. My daughter is visiting from overseas and we revisited those great years. My heart overflows with gratitude towards Mr Havrilla and the entire staff.

A wonderful school for our son. The teachers actually care about the students deeply. A gem of a school. ..and a real godsend for some students.

My son attended Vanguard School of Coconut Grove for 8 years and just graduated. The small classes, reading specialists, fantastic teachers, and administration that has been there for many years are great. The follow an Individual Lesson Plan and update quarterly. My child was well prepared for high school.

what a joke...director beth has no master degree or education in special ed. school is not good

I spent a great deal of research about local schools for children with special learning needs. Upon asking around the community, I was led to Vanguard School of Coconut Grove. I had read very good reviews about this school but -nevertheless- decided to have a visit and chat with the principals. I found out that the school is very nice and classes are just the right size so that the excellent teachers can focus on every student's progress. Both, administrators and teachers I met were very nice and professional. I felt that my child would have a "second home" there. I have nothing but praise for Vanguard. The improvement in my daughter is evident and she is gaining confidence and she actually looks forward to high school now. Recommended.

The school has a great location and small classes, but that's about where the positives end. For being a non profit institution the annual tuition is outrageous. Most of my son's teachers are young and quickly lose patience with him. My boy has horrible reading comprehension, and although it has slightly improved while at Vanguard his math skills (which used to be his strongest subject) have fallen significantly behind. For the price your paying in tuition and physician fees your child can get a much more rounded and complete education somewhere else.

It was a constant struggle to keep my nephew from falling behind academically - staying afloat lt was painful to see how the long hours ended in tears and frustration for everyone. Coming to Vanguard has been like sunshine after a storm. For the first time my nephew comes back happily from school. He actually starts and completes the homework on his own- no prodding or pleading. He has become self-empowered. He is now interested in books and feels proud of the ones he has read. I ve never seen a more caring director or staff. They tailor to each student s specific needs by closing the gaps and leveling them for mainstream schooling. The school s positive atmosphere rubs off on everyone. My nephew told me that he had never been to a school where other children were so nice. The children are kind and friendly- no picking on or bullying. On top of all this, I ve never seen cleaner public bathrooms. I fully recommend Vanguard 200%. They give children the tools to succeed academically and emotionally. It has done wonders for my nephew. He is now a happy confident boy. My sister s move to Miami because of Vanguard has well been worth it

I remember my brother struggling with his grades at a top private school and how this frustration spilled into the family environment. As soon as he entered Vanguard a miracle happened. His self confidence was reinforced by acknowledgements for completing his work, for chores at homes, for being kind to others and even eating healthy! His grades improved tremendously as did his scores on standarized tests. The teachers cared and made sure he understood. Nothing can beat caring and almost one on one education. Today as an adult my brother is a success, both emotionally and financially. If it wasn't for Vanguard another story would have been told.

This is an amazing school. The principle Mr Havrilla is highly respected all the children. Where else is lunch with the principal is seen as a treat. The teachers are truely dedicated to their work. They not only educate these children but they also nuture them. The school specialises in aiding children who do not fit easily into main stream system. They build self esteme and children who leave Vanguard re-enter main stream school at a grade appropriate level. We moved from Europe to put our daughter in this school and have been delighted with the results. She is a happy,confident, independent learner who is just turning 8yrs old. We could not have hoped for a better start in life! I would higjly recommend this school for any child struggling in mainstream education.

We are very pleased with Vanguard. This is our first year in the school and we have seen great improvement in our daughter's education. They work with each student's ability to maximize it to thier potential without expecting unrealistic outcomes.

Last modified Vanguard School Of Coconut Grove Fl is a Private school