No rating

Dade Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 1290 students

Living in Miami

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $74,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,160.

Posted July 28, 2007

DCS academically is good for the average child. I am a very Christian person & have been greatly offended by the school's officials. As such, I have pulled my Elementary age kids from the school. Good luck!

Posted July 14, 2007

Dade Christian does not exhibit the ability to deal with situations at hand from a spiritual aspect, being that school is built on a Christian foundation.. The education system is okay, however, when looking at the administrative staff and the leaders, I believe some things need to be changed. This year some staff members(deans, pastors, & teachers) resigned or left and I really wonder why.

Posted July 6, 2007

As a former alumni I must say that DCS is partly responsible for my success as an adult. I had the awesome opportunity to attend a place where people care about not only your academic abilities but your very soul. Being apart of the minority group was fustrating, however it gave me the ability to communicate and work with individuals of all backgrounds and nationalities. I am proud to say that I currently have my only child also attending school there in the hopes that the environment will be rewarding and have a lasting effect on her life.

Posted February 21, 2007

My child is in first grade & he s been there since 3 years old. I am really impressed with the teachers, staff, parents & the curriculum. The majority of the parents are very involved in the school in someway. If you need help with teaching & challenging your child then Dade Christian School is the place to be.

Posted July 6, 2006

I feel that Dade Christian is a great school. My son started there in 8th grade and his grades have improved. His SAT scores every year have improved as well. I was comparing his public school SAT and he has come a long way. They are very strict and teach students morals and dignity. Their sports programs are very dedicated to assisting students to excel. They have a great baseball program and track and field program as well.

Posted May 23, 2006

In getting a tour of the school, I was truly impressed. They seem to have everything possible to challange your child's mind. The staff was warm and friendly and everybody seemed to know each other. Like a family type feeling. It was a warm atmosphere that I enjoyed observing and watching as I try to figure where I will start my 3 year old in PK3.

Posted November 7, 2005

My children have been attending since 3k and are now in 7th and 5th grade. The school is academically challenging and has a wholesome environment that makes parent and child feel special to be part of such a great school.

Posted September 18, 2005

In all my years of being a student at Dade Christian I do not understand why they handle situations so poorly. I think Dade Christian is over rated.

Posted September 6, 2005

So far so good (just started 3K). Very professional, well organized, caring & loving staff. My child loves going there,and the enrichment classes are a big hit with her.

Posted August 31, 2005

My daughter is been going to DCS since 4K and it has been a great experience. Each child is encouraged to do their personal best and the teachers are highly skilled and work hard to bring out the best in each child. Academically is an excellent school and the christian foundation, you can't ask for anything better. Definitively, it was the best decision ever. Thanks DCS!!!!

Posted August 12, 2005

I am a parent. Good school. Wonderful teachers. Nice balance.

Posted July 13, 2005

I owe my foundation and love of academia to Dade Christian Schools.

Posted June 9, 2005

Very good school. Small class sizes. Good acedemics, and extacurriculars.

Posted April 29, 2005

This school is great! my daughter started as a 3 yr old in their 3k class. Class size is 2to15. My daughter learned so much more than I thought she would. She took spanish, music, computers, & library. Parents are involved constantly either in parent activities or field trips. My 3 yr old learned at the level of 1st graders in the public school. This school is amazing but ofcourse the reason for that is the great teachers and staff that teach our children. Thanks dade christian school!

Posted February 16, 2005

Very poor leadership. You would be hard pressed to find two worsest deans of students. They lack integrity, fairness, honesty and a desire to help the students. Because of this I question the schools ability to reconize the type of quality leadership that a school should have. The school still has retained some the quality teachers, but it has lost a number of them. Most of the new hires are new teachers. Meaning they have very little teaching experience.

Posted December 22, 2004

One of the premier private, Christian schools in Florida. Has been a leader in Christian schools for over 40 years. Earned an excellence in private education award from the governor's office. In 2004, graduated a Presidential Scholar, which is arguably the highest academic honor in the nation. Offers many programs for students of all ages, and provides a strong foundation spiritually.

Posted December 3, 2004

Both my children have been at Dade Christian for the past two years, one in elementary and the other in middle school. Elementary is very challenging especially in science and math which I am impressed with. Middle school was not very challenging in science the first year, but is looking better in the second year. Middle school offers prealgebra in the first year and algebra in the second year and honors english both years. Social studies in both elementary and secondary is good, the kids were able to participate in a mock presidential election on campus. The DCS Crusaders take a lot of pride in their sports teams. I am impressed with the enthusiasm and dedication shown by the coaches which is inspiring to the kids. The kids seem to like the lunches most of the times. The school's christian foundation provides a very healthy enviornment for each child.

Posted May 25, 2004

My son has been attending DCS since he was in 4-K. He's in the 5th grade now, so that is 7 years. The school has done an excellent job of giving him the basic skills he needs. Their program is very systematic and I am pleased with the way the curriculum advances from year to year. Each year my son has taken the SAT's, he has scored in the 9th stanine. The other programs there are also exceptional. My son has participated in elementary soccer, football, softball and band. The main reason I send my son to this school is because he gets grounded in Christian doctrine and is taught good morals and ethical conduct.

Posted May 17, 2004

Dade Christian is a good school, but they are more of private school than a school with a strong evangilistic outreach.

Posted January 7, 2004

Dade Christian is an excellent school. I love the small classroom environment. The academic level of this school is outstanding. My son is only in 4-K and he is already learning to read and write in cursive. Dade Christian is very family oriented and the children are growing up with traditional morals and values. This school is teaching what seems to be lost on alot of the kids today.

Asian 2% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 2%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (305) 826-4072

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious