No rating

Dade Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 1290 students

Living in Miami

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $74,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,160.

Posted May 29, 2014

Former student reporting in. The good: The community is great. The kids are some of the nicest people you'll meet, very polite, very well-mannered. The teachers are, for the most part, very caring people. The bad: Curriculum for high school is really, really bad. The teachers do their best with what they're given, but there's only so much they can do. Administration is hard to talk to. There's no guidance department to speak of. The school's very small, so there aren't a lot of social options, especially if your child is a little more unusual than most. The population also leads to schedule conflicts, and the school has very few elective classes. The school is also HIGHLY religious, to the point where non-Christians are looked down upon. This also brings with you conservative ideas like anti-homosexuality, pro-life, et-cetera. Again, this will not be the best school for anyone who is NOT the Christian stereotype.

Posted April 16, 2014

Poor academics. Math and science department is headed by someone who doesn't particularly like the subjects. The school's adaptation to state required curricula testing is slow and is not current, leaving students with lower than expected scores. The school is a shell of its former glory. The school has doubled down on religious aspects while neglecting academics. Get your religion at church or home and send your child elsewhere for a proper education.

Posted December 12, 2013

I had one child there for 8 years, since he was in 3K. When I moved him to a public school, he needed tutors. If you look at the comments of the lower ratings, it's all true. Even the bullies get away with things because the $ is more important there. Yes, you can find good or bad in any school, but this school has more of the bad, all around. Even teachers have to put up with a dictatorship. I can honestly say one good thing about this school, is that it helped my child with his memorization skills.

Posted August 26, 2012

DCS is not what it used to be. Every year that goes by they get less and less registrations. I know many faculty members that have left because they do not agree with what is going on with the school & it's administration issues. The time my son was there from 3k to 1st grade but due to the economy, we had to take him out because we could no longer afford it. As soon as he hit public school, he was lost. He was so behind that it took 3 months for him to catch up. That was a shock for us and him as well. When almost every child gets Honor Roll and they all were getting straight A's, we found that fishy. But when he entered public school, it was confirmed to us. The curriculum is curved from day one to make it look like all students are getting excellent grades. And additionally, Wednesdays homework is light. Why? Because half the staff & kids volunteer/attend Bible study and Awana in the evening. Coincidence? I think not. I have a friend that took her kids out and placed them at Mater Gardens and her son suffered so much he was almost failing. Also have 3 friends go to American Heritage. One had to hire a tutor for a month for her son to catch up with their curriculum.

Posted April 26, 2012

My daughter will graduate from Dade Christian this year. She's attended this school since 6 grade. I have to say that the school is far more concerned about the money that it is about the emotional and religious health of their students. Too much importance is put in what they wear but not very concerned about the issues and/or problems that the students are facing. We lost our youngest daughter to cancer when my eldest was in 11 grade. She never got any help from any of the counselers, priests or teachers from the school. Her grades started to drop, yet nobody noticed that she was having a hard time dealing with her sister's death. Even after we personally talked to the Assistant Principal and asked him to look out for her as she was having difficulties, they still did nothing to help her grieve. We made the sacrifice of paying for a private christian school, thinking we were getting a rounded education that focus on instilling the Christian values in your kids. This is not the case at Dade Christian. Academically they are average at best, their Christian values are poor to say the least. dade Christian has been a real disappointment for our family. I am glad it is almost over.

Posted June 24, 2011

All I can say is wow! This school and church has undergone a dramatic turnaround. There is new construction going on, the facilities are upkept and the people are genuine. The administration and officers of the church have really stepped up to the plate in a big way. This school is a beacon of light in the community, no wonder they have been around for 50 years!

Posted October 15, 2009

This school has been a wonderful blessing for my child and our family. She has learned to read at such a young age! She has really blossomed here. I am so grateful to all of her teachers, administrators and staff.. Thank you...

Posted June 29, 2009

well the school is just amazing worship bible study and the kids work hard because its fun but the food is a little low on ratings beyond the food the school is the best in the us in my opinion

Posted February 4, 2009

I currently attend Dade Christian school as a sophomore. Honestly, it is not such a bad school. There are problems here and there, but that is inherent of any school because no school is perfect; it is just a matter of the heart and ones attitude. I know what it is like to come from a bad school. There are plenty of people from DCS that are very genuine and good. As far as education goes, it is not necessarily first-rate but it is solid and much better than surrounding schools (I am speaking from experience). The athletic program is strong; we have very good football, cross-country, track and field, and soccer programs. We also have extremely strong extracurricular activities (36 people in FBLA are competing in states this year). In summary, I'm thankful that I attend DCS, but I do wish that more people who attend felt the same way.

Posted November 1, 2008

There is no other place like Dade Christian Schools. I graduated from Dade and because of it's excellent education I recieved several academic scholarships. My eldest also graduated from Dade and blessed to earn also several academic scholarships. However, what I am most grateful for is the nuturing environment and the active student life. No other school in Miami compares. Dade Christian Schools provide an excellent student life. As a school they organize fieldtrips and activities that both enrich students and unite them! This all happens due to great leadership at the school.

Posted October 26, 2008

DCS was a good school way back when but it has changed alot and getting worse through the years,. Its all about money now, no christian leadership, They make money from detentions, they are detension happy now, Lunch prices are so high. You have to pay for sports, certain classes. The superintendent is a racist and has no tolerance or compassion for kids. As far as academics go, they might of been good in the past but my child no longer goes there and when I put him in another school he was way behind, I had to get a tutor to get him caught up. The money is not being used for the school because it looks the same since the school openend and computers are ancient and every year the tuition gets higher. 300 students left last year and more are leaving this year, I wonder why.

Posted July 13, 2008

My girls have attended DCS over the past 10 years since 3k. It has been by far the best sacrafice I could have ever made. The curriculum is excellent, the safe enviroment and family atmosphere, the teacher's & staff really love and are concern about the well being of your children and most importantly, they teach the love of Christ!!! Unfortunately, the sacrafice has become a burden and I can no longer afford to send my girl's to Dade Christian School but I am confident they will adjust well in their new schools with the strong solid foundation they were blessed to have received at DCS. The only constant thing in life is change and if you don't embrace it, you'll never know what else God has in store for you! We look forward to the new school year. Peace & Grace

Posted April 14, 2008

I have two children that have been at DCS since 4K, the oldest is now in 7th grade. I feel they have received a great education so far. The teachers and administration truly care about the students as a whole< not just academically but also spiritually> Discipline is excellent, strong moral and Christian values in the curriculum. A very nurturing environment. Excellent security, athletics and many more positive things coming.

Posted April 12, 2008

Dade christian is anything but a christian school. They say one thing and do another. My daughter started there 3k was placed in one class, then ask to switch to another class with a new teacher starting with four students. First, lets start with the fact dean Mrs. Ramos lied and said I never came to open which I did. The new teacher was horrible most the time she would smile in your face and scream at the children. Second, the school is over come with nothing but spanish people every . you could bearly pass in the hall way because the everywhere. Culturaly diverse I aboustley not!!!!! Adminstration is lacking in several areas. Lots of favoritism especially if you are hispanic. My suggestion to every parent looking to enroll their child in this school. Look deep before you leap, you maybe surprise what u find.

Posted February 27, 2008

School is awesome - my kids were reading at age 4 - it was incredible and this school doesnt compare to the neighboring schools
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 27, 2008

Good school - very challenging - lots of searching discovered the school was the best in the area - very expensive but my kids scored extremly high on SAT

Posted November 30, 2007

I was both a parent of a child attending and former alumni of this school. This school has completely spiraled downward in the past few yrs. After attending school here myself, I was highly disappointed. Good luck!

Posted September 15, 2007

I am unhappy with my school. Overall the teachers and students are nice and provide good things, but in every one of my classes the teacher's are just too nice and the kids are waaaay too talkative. They don't ever control the kids. They just say 'Be quiet' but of course kids don't listen to that. Also, it's waaaaay overcrowded. People are called late because they can never get through to their lockers and I think that is so unfair. Overall, this school is not my second home.

Posted August 18, 2007

I think that DCS is one of the best, if not far more better than most schools in Dade County. The school has implemented a high security system and now establishing an educational fund program to facilitate an education for the low income families. It is faith based and very caring. The future plans are to encourage sports and family values to the students.

Posted August 4, 2007

This school was the worst school i have ever heard of, seen, talked of. the high school is HORRIBLE, the teachers cared less and it was small. the high school part is small and we had no space. DONT GO TO DADE CHRISTIAN. ITS THE WORST EDUCATION EVER!

Asian 2% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 2%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (305) 826-4072

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious