Posted November 17, 2014
We have a daughter in DCS for nine years and during that time we felt blessed to be part of such a world-class institution. However thongs changed overtime and right now there has been so many changes that we feel compelled to share our feelings toward the organization. First of all, the church has not dad a head pastor for quite some time. Furthermore, they have terminated the employment of four pastors along many teachers, administrations and support staff which had been lay off. Along with the many changes one thing has remained constant throughout the years and it has been the continues increases in the school tuition. to top things off, the School began charging $1,000.00 dollar fee a tablet to replace supposedly to replace the books that was not implemented. Now my daughter has to carry the tablet and books everywhere she goes. In the different meeting we have attended, the board of trustees seems confused and unprepared to deal with the current state of affairs. We are sadden and worried of some many changes. Please pray to God for help as.......

Posted October 23, 2014
I have two daughters attending the school and both of them are really happy there. The teachers are very caring. My oldest daughter attended an A+Charter School last year and we decided to move her here just because we wanted her to have a Christian education and the experience has been very positive in all aspects. Academically the school is challenging, and even more than the Charter School she was attending.

Posted August 05, 2014
I HAD two children who attended Dade Christian and to tell you the truth I loved the school for the first few years that my daughter first attended. However, as the years passed I saw things and had many bad experiences with the school administration. Both of my children at different times were attacked in the bathroom's and neither time was handled well. My son has attended that school for four years with a well documented disability and after four years the new principal and administration stated they could not accommodate his need. However, I found out that a child who has a similar disability, but whose family is rich was being accommodate. Good luck to any child who attends this school.

Dade Christian School 3

Posted May 29, 2014
Former student reporting in. The good: The community is great. The kids are some of the nicest people you'll meet, very polite, very well-mannered. The teachers are, for the most part, very caring people. The bad: Curriculum for high school is really, really bad. The teachers do their best with what they're given, but there's only so much they can do. Administration is hard to talk to. There's no guidance department to speak of. The school's very small, so there aren't a lot of social options, especially if your child is a little more unusual than most. The population also leads to schedule conflicts, and the school has very few elective classes. The school is also HIGHLY religious, to the point where non-Christians are looked down upon. This also brings with you conservative ideas like anti-homosexuality, pro-life, et-cetera. Again, this will not be the best school for anyone who is NOT the Christian stereotype.

Dade Christian School 2

Posted April 16, 2014
Poor academics. Math and science department is headed by someone who doesn't particularly like the subjects. The school's adaptation to state required curricula testing is slow and is not current, leaving students with lower than expected scores. The school is a shell of its former glory. The school has doubled down on religious aspects while neglecting academics. Get your religion at church or home and send your child elsewhere for a proper education.

Posted December 12, 2013
I had one child there for 8 years, since he was in 3K. When I moved him to a public school, he needed tutors. If you look at the comments of the lower ratings, it's all true. Even the bullies get away with things because the $ is more important there. Yes, you can find good or bad in any school, but this school has more of the bad, all around. Even teachers have to put up with a dictatorship. I can honestly say one good thing about this school, is that it helped my child with his memorization skills.

Posted August 26, 2012
DCS is not what it used to be. Every year that goes by they get less and less registrations. I know many faculty members that have left because they do not agree with what is going on with the school & it's administration issues. The time my son was there from 3k to 1st grade but due to the economy, we had to take him out because we could no longer afford it. As soon as he hit public school, he was lost. He was so behind that it took 3 months for him to catch up. That was a shock for us and him as well. When almost every child gets Honor Roll and they all were getting straight A's, we found that fishy. But when he entered public school, it was confirmed to us. The curriculum is curved from day one to make it look like all students are getting excellent grades. And additionally, Wednesdays homework is light. Why? Because half the staff & kids volunteer/attend Bible study and Awana in the evening. Coincidence? I think not. I have a friend that took her kids out and placed them at Mater Gardens and her son suffered so much he was almost failing. Also have 3 friends go to American Heritage. One had to hire a tutor for a month for her son to catch up with their curriculum.

Posted April 26, 2012
My daughter will graduate from Dade Christian this year. She's attended this school since 6 grade. I have to say that the school is far more concerned about the money that it is about the emotional and religious health of their students. Too much importance is put in what they wear but not very concerned about the issues and/or problems that the students are facing. We lost our youngest daughter to cancer when my eldest was in 11 grade. She never got any help from any of the counselers, priests or teachers from the school. Her grades started to drop, yet nobody noticed that she was having a hard time dealing with her sister's death. Even after we personally talked to the Assistant Principal and asked him to look out for her as she was having difficulties, they still did nothing to help her grieve. We made the sacrifice of paying for a private christian school, thinking we were getting a rounded education that focus on instilling the Christian values in your kids. This is not the case at Dade Christian. Academically they are average at best, their Christian values are poor to say the least. dade Christian has been a real disappointment for our family. I am glad it is almost over.

Posted June 24, 2011
All I can say is wow! This school and church has undergone a dramatic turnaround. There is new construction going on, the facilities are upkept and the people are genuine. The administration and officers of the church have really stepped up to the plate in a big way. This school is a beacon of light in the community, no wonder they have been around for 50 years!

Posted October 15, 2009
This school has been a wonderful blessing for my child and our family. She has learned to read at such a young age! She has really blossomed here. I am so grateful to all of her teachers, administrators and staff.. Thank you...

Dade Christian School
6601 NW 167th St, Miami, FL  33015
Last modified Dade Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Dade Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 57 reviews. Top