Dade Christian School
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 07, 2015
The teachers here are amazing and extremely helpful. l couldn't ask for better teachers. My experiences here at Dade have been unforgettable.

Dade Christian School 4

Posted July 07, 2015
I have been a parent at DCS for the past 13 years. Regardless of the changes, my experience has been positive. I feel my son has developed a strong Christian and moral foundation. In terms of the education side, I have known many students who have graduated and gone on to attend great universities and are successful individuals as well as professionals today. With the new administration, I am confident that DCS will continue to progress and is moving in the right direction.

Posted May 28, 2015
Terrible overall experience... Uncaring administration both old and new. They certainly do not mind taking your well earned money for all tuition and fees but certainly do not want to answer calls, emails, or other inquiries. Unaccountable for any and all actions on the part of administration, teachers, and coaches. The redeeming grace is that there are great kids there to make the experience much better! A couple of the courses were harder than honors courses at a previous school for just regular classes and tested at that level too. Like I said... no accountability... totally one-sided. It is a sad state especially with all the changes in place at this point and more changes happening daily. Don't waste your money on this school as it will be a total disappointment!

Posted April 07, 2015
This is the worst school in dade county. It is a waste of money, do not send your children to this school. It is run by an incompetent staff and is an unorganized chaotic mess. The teachers are constantly shuffled around and the office staff is untrained and unprofessional. Beware.

Posted November 17, 2014
We have a daughter in DCS for nine years and during that time we felt blessed to be part of such a world-class institution. However thongs changed overtime and right now there has been so many changes that we feel compelled to share our feelings toward the organization. First of all, the church has not dad a head pastor for quite some time. Furthermore, they have terminated the employment of four pastors along many teachers, administrations and support staff which had been lay off. Along with the many changes one thing has remained constant throughout the years and it has been the continues increases in the school tuition. to top things off, the School began charging $1,000.00 dollar fee a tablet to replace supposedly to replace the books that was not implemented. Now my daughter has to carry the tablet and books everywhere she goes. In the different meeting we have attended, the board of trustees seems confused and unprepared to deal with the current state of affairs. We are sadden and worried of some many changes. Please pray to God for help as.......
5 people found this helpful

Dade Christian School 5

Posted October 23, 2014
I have two daughters attending the school and both of them are really happy there. The teachers are very caring. My oldest daughter attended an A+Charter School last year and we decided to move her here just because we wanted her to have a Christian education and the experience has been very positive in all aspects. Academically the school is challenging, and even more than the Charter School she was attending.

Posted August 05, 2014
I HAD two children who attended Dade Christian and to tell you the truth I loved the school for the first few years that my daughter first attended. However, as the years passed I saw things and had many bad experiences with the school administration. Both of my children at different times were attacked in the bathroom's and neither time was handled well. My son has attended that school for four years with a well documented disability and after four years the new principal and administration stated they could not accommodate his need. However, I found out that a child who has a similar disability, but whose family is rich was being accommodate. Good luck to any child who attends this school.

Dade Christian School 3

Posted May 29, 2014
Former student reporting in. The good: The community is great. The kids are some of the nicest people you'll meet, very polite, very well-mannered. The teachers are, for the most part, very caring people. The bad: Curriculum for high school is really, really bad. The teachers do their best with what they're given, but there's only so much they can do. Administration is hard to talk to. There's no guidance department to speak of. The school's very small, so there aren't a lot of social options, especially if your child is a little more unusual than most. The population also leads to schedule conflicts, and the school has very few elective classes. The school is also HIGHLY religious, to the point where non-Christians are looked down upon. This also brings with you conservative ideas like anti-homosexuality, pro-life, et-cetera. Again, this will not be the best school for anyone who is NOT the Christian stereotype.

Dade Christian School 2

Posted April 16, 2014
Poor academics. Math and science department is headed by someone who doesn't particularly like the subjects. The school's adaptation to state required curricula testing is slow and is not current, leaving students with lower than expected scores. The school is a shell of its former glory. The school has doubled down on religious aspects while neglecting academics. Get your religion at church or home and send your child elsewhere for a proper education.

Posted December 12, 2013
I had one child there for 8 years, since he was in 3K. When I moved him to a public school, he needed tutors. If you look at the comments of the lower ratings, it's all true. Even the bullies get away with things because the $ is more important there. Yes, you can find good or bad in any school, but this school has more of the bad, all around. Even teachers have to put up with a dictatorship. I can honestly say one good thing about this school, is that it helped my child with his memorization skills.

Dade Christian School
6601 NW 167th Street, Miami, FL  33015
Last modified Dade Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Dade Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 67 reviews. Top