No rating

Florida Christian School

Private | PK-12

Living in Miami

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $142,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,180.

Posted February 23, 2011

If you are looking strickly into a Christian education this is the school for you. Academics are weak and students are not prepared for college. Not enough honor or advance classes are offered. More is put into school spirit and religion than education. BEWARE

Posted October 15, 2010

Both of my sons graduated from FCS. They received a great education that prepared them for college. The teachers are very interested in the students academically and spiritually. Great leadership from the administration.

Posted January 7, 2010

Love florida Christian, my kids have been there for four years, It is a great school with caring teachers, It is like a big family !!!

Posted November 27, 2009

I have two sons attending this school... The oldest is a Senior. The kids are for the most part represented well by their families. The school staff is professional and take their jobs seriously. Activities are great, including a good variety of sports programs, although expensive and competitive.

Posted September 2, 2009

it is an excellent school...two of my sons graduated already in 2004 and 2006....I have one more son graduated in 2011...my oldest son started went he was 3 years old in pre k-3...I have been very please with Mr. Andrews and Mr. Arnold....it has been a blessing through all these years and a peace of mind the care received to my children...my husband and I thank the Lord for the oportunity of being to supply to send my three sons to Florida Christian School. Cary Argilagos Orbis

Posted July 5, 2009

I Have My Son In FCS For The Last Three Years I very happy with the results with the teachers the staff for me FCS is one of the best school in Dade County .

Posted May 29, 2009

I have two children at FCS. We have been at FCS for five years now. We absolutely love it. The teachers are wonderful and really truly care about the students. There is alot of parent involvement. Parents are welcomed to attend class activites and there is a lot of open communication between the teachers and the parents. There are also many athletic activites to choose from. The only issue that I have had is that the extra curricular sports (like elem. baseball) are really over priced and the fees for them are raised significantly each year so that they are only affordable for the wealthier parents. Aside from that FCS is an excellent school, definitely one of the top schools in Miami.

Posted May 18, 2009

My daughter has attended FCS since prek-3 and I could not be happier. The academics along with the chrisitian values they set and the diverse activities they provide the students is just amazing! I am very impressed with the school and feel it has been the best decision I have ever made.

Posted May 13, 2009

I have 2 elementary children attending FCS that began this year and I couldn't be happier! FCS has impressed me in every area and has gone above and beyond my expectations. We are blessed to have our children attending this outstanding school.

Posted May 1, 2008

I am a parent of 2 at FCS and also a public school teacher. As far as private schools go, this school provides many of the diverse activities parents welcome: great sports, wonderful music, etc. with a better standard of discipline and morale than virtually any public school in the Miami-Dade area. Florida Christian's tuition is more expensive than some nearby private schools. But keep in mind they are SACS accredited and there is financial aid for qualifying applicants. This school is a true nonprofit and as such it is not affiliated with one church; it is a self sustaining school. If you are looking for a private school that offers your child a high quality education with Christian values, then you cannot go wrong with this school. The teachers care and the students succeed. The waiting list says it all....

Posted June 20, 2007

I attended Florida Christian for 9 years. I loved Florida Christian. Though it is overcrowded, I got a quality education. The school is big on sports, but not to the point where all they care about is sports, and not education. The tuition is a little pricey, and keeps going up each year though, that was the only bad thing about it. Overall, its a great school!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted June 12, 2007

Both of my sons have attended FCS since middle school. I'm very happy with the school, teachers and administration. However, it's not perfect. My younger son has had all kind of problems with his disciplinary conduct. Some of it I agree with, but some I disagree with, but at least I was able to communicate with the Principle and Dean about the issue with out an appointment. In other schools you need to schedule appointments and hope the administration is willing to listen. I truly appreciate all of there help and understand that they are trying to run the school as best as they can. The tuition does go up every year, but this is the case in most private schools. In fact FCS's tuition is below average compared to other private schools. Money is what brings in good qualified teachers and special programs, the more you pay the more you get. My older son left FCS last year. He really wanted to attend another private school, which I'm paying a higher tuition and force to make donations. Is this school any better than FCS? No, but he's happy. My younger son loves FCS and I hope he will be there until he graduates from High School.

Posted May 17, 2007

The school is absolutely all about making the most money off the parents. The elementary program is all rote memory. The middle school math and science programs are extremely weak. The high school is overcrowed and does not teach students how to think on their own. Again, rote memory tests. Look elsewhere!

Posted May 15, 2007

My children have attended FCS since preK and I am most impressed with the school's extracurricular activities. Teacher quality varies depending on teacher assignment, allegedly by random selection. The children are provided a variety of extracurricular activities from which to choose, as financed by parents. Each year, the Administration is focused on acquisition of escalating tuition amounts while academic benefits remain the same. My three appear regularly on honor roll, enjoy extracurricular activities, and value the friends they've made over the years. If not for our blessed friends I probably would've gone elsewhere, as standards are simply not competitive with FCS own academic past or that of other comparably priced educational institutions.

Posted May 12, 2007

I have had two of my children attend Florida Christian School. The oldest which had been attending for 8 years, had been a great student all through those 8 years and in eighth grade started getting in trouble for stupid reasons. Florida Christians principals and deans need much improvement! Also, tuition has been a great issue for me a single mother who barely had the money for the school when I first put my kids in the school, and having them raise the tuition drastically every year was a big problem for me. I would have to say elementary is a good choice, but if you want your kids to be well taught to be a Christian then find another school.

Posted May 11, 2007

The teachers are great and I can't complaint of the academics, but more families are choosing to leave because the tuition is getting out of hand for middle class working families, and the staff is always unreachable.

Posted May 3, 2007

Florida christian is a very good school when it comes to academics, but I will agree with other parents reviews that the school only seems to care about the money and does not care to retain children who have been at this school for many years. The tuition continues to increase at a vey high level which is not possible for middleclass parents to send the children. The teachers are all very caring with the children and are all well educated, the principal and administration needs a lot of work. This school has become a popular choice and seems to be after money more than education.

Posted March 8, 2007

The Good: Florida Christian is a very good school. The teachers care very much about the students. They have very good sports and arts programs. It is an overall very good Christian education. Most parents are very involved. The Bad: High tuition prices, which keep going up every year. School Principals are very impersonal, seem more concerned with running the school as a money making business. It is unfortunate.

Posted January 19, 2007

My daughter has attended FCS since first grade and I am extremely pleased with her academic progress. Teachers truly care and expose the children to a variety of extracurricular activities. Children are taught the value of faith and truly bring that home.

Posted March 1, 2006

I have few information regarding their Middle School and High School programs. However, my daughter has been in their Elementary School for two years now. I am very pleased with the Christian education, the teachers, and their curriculum! My daughter has learned so much and has developed great love for both God and school! It's an excellent school with classes that are a nice size, an atmosphere that is nurturing and warm, and teachers who teach well and discipline their students with love. Finally, and most importantly, my daughter is so much more advanced than students in the same grade level of Public Schools. I highly recommend it!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 3%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Robert Andrews
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • AACS

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious