PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My children attended FCS from 3K through 12th grade, and it couldn’t have been a more delightful experience. In fact, it was life changing. FCS is family oriented and God-centered. They believe in a well-rounded education. In addition to a challenging curriculum, they embrace the arts, music, and sports. They manage their funds well and have grown at a healthy pace over the years. The faculty was always loving and gracious with my kids and extended an open door policy to me. I recall being shocked they gave out their home phone numbers! During my enrollment interview when my oldest was entering 3K, Dr. Andrews (Headmaster) said something I have not forgotten. He told me there are three elements at play when bringing up children – home, church and school. When all three are closely aligned philosophically, better results typically follow. At the time, we weren’t fully aligned in those three areas. However, exposure to the Bible and the people at FCS impacted my children and ultimately me. Alignment soon followed. When people tell me I did a good job raising my kids, I always tell them I had help. I tell them about FCS. The decision to attend FCS was life changing for my family. A decision that will last through eternity. “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it”. Proverbs 22:6 I think it’s important to note that while my experience as a parent was positive, the better barometer might be from the child’s perspective. Not too long ago I asked both my kids if they were glad they went to FCS. Their resounding “yes” put a smile on my heart. The sacrifice was worth it! Keep up the good work, FCS. There are more like us who need what you give.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

I think the college admissions stats speak for themselves. The last time I checked, a very high percent of FCS grads were accepted into college.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Most of them have minimal or poor academic credentials and very few have a true calling to be a teacher. Many at this school are hired just because they are relatives to someone in Administration.

Amount of homework: Disagree

That is all they have done for many years. Teachers can't keep up with the curriculum timeline, so they assign everything as homework! This causes parents undue burden and the additional expense of tutors.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Not at all. Administration is the first problem at this school. Many are not honest, fair and have zero integrity when performing their jobs or making decisions.

Keep your high school student away from here! This is the worst Administration you could ask for. They are greedy and only concerned about tuition. Staff is mostly Alumni and/or Family members of Administration (so they can hide stuff under the rug). They will teach your kids about the Christian faith and to keep their bibles close, but nothing they preach is practice at this institution. Save your money!

I've had an excellent experience and recommend this school. Hope people realize the great opportunities that they are given at this school.

My honest rating of this school is a 1 for middle and high school. The academic program at this school is awful. Teachers are below average and they never leave. Many teachers have kids going to this school free of charge because they work there. The tuition is very high for the quality. You will have to give extra money to some of the teachers for "tutoring" your kids after school, because during the day, apparently they are too busy to actually go over the lessons correctly. Many students seem unmotivated at this school. Go somewhere else before you spend your money here.

After investing several years at this Christian school, I have come to the sad realization that it does not live up to what I had hoped. At the middle and high school level, academics are not keeping up with competition from other schools. They emphasize the importance of a Christian based education and faith, however, I have seen many at the school behaving in contradiction to what they preach. Administration has consistently raised tuition for the same old program. Teachers seem to be on a life long contract at this school. Sports programs could be much better. If you are considering this school, my advice would be to talk to other parents and kids before making a decision to go there for middle or high school. Its just not worth the money in my view.

Florida Christian is a great Elementary School. However at their middle and high school level they continue to decline. Nothing new has been added to the curriculum or academic program in years. Many teachers could do better in their teaching abilities and support of their students. Administration doesn't seem to understand the need to move up with the times. They also tend to favor students (of their own staff) over others. The Christian foundation is great, but that is not the only factor needed to be successful in life. I would not recommend this school at the middle or high school level.

Last modified Florida Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12