PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Florida Christian School 5

Posted June 29, 2016
My children attended FCS from 3K through 12th grade, and it couldn’t have been a more delightful experience. In fact, it was life changing. FCS is family oriented and God-centered. They believe in a well-rounded education. In addition to a challenging curriculum, they embrace the arts, music, and sports. They manage their funds well and have grown at a healthy pace over the years. The faculty was always loving and gracious with my kids and extended an open door policy to me. I recall being shocked they gave out their home phone numbers! During my enrollment interview when my oldest was entering 3K, Dr. Andrews (Headmaster) said something I have not forgotten. He told me there are three elements at play when bringing up children – home, church and school. When all three are closely aligned philosophically, better results typically follow. At the time, we weren’t fully aligned in those three areas. However, exposure to the Bible and the people at FCS impacted my children and ultimately me. Alignment soon followed. When people tell me I did a good job raising my kids, I always tell them I had help. I tell them about FCS. The decision to attend FCS was life changing for my family. A decision that will last through eternity. “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it”. Proverbs 22:6 I think it’s important to note that while my experience as a parent was positive, the better barometer might be from the child’s perspective. Not too long ago I asked both my kids if they were glad they went to FCS. Their resounding “yes” put a smile on my heart. The sacrifice was worth it! Keep up the good work, FCS. There are more like us who need what you give.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted June 29, 2016
The teachers and staff I encountered as the parent of two kids who attended FCS from 3K to 12th grade were very effective. Were they perfect, no. But, there isn't a school anywhere that has achieved perfection. FCS is a very caring environment. I would say most kids thrive in the environment they foster.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted June 29, 2016
I think the college admissions stats speak for themselves. The last time I checked, a very high percent of FCS grads were accepted into college.

Develops empathy: Agree

Posted June 29, 2016
FCS is God-centered. They do their best to live out the principles of Christ, which is love.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted March 07, 2016
Most of them have minimal or poor academic credentials and very few have a true calling to be a teacher. Many at this school are hired just because they are relatives to someone in Administration.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted March 07, 2016
That is all they have done for many years. Teachers can't keep up with the curriculum timeline, so they assign everything as homework! This causes parents undue burden and the additional expense of tutors.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted March 07, 2016
Many students here are unmotivated and do not even want to go to school. They show very little determination due to the poor Administration here.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted March 07, 2016
Respect starts at the top of the chart and Administration at this school displays none. Some teachers have even participated in gossip involving other students.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted March 07, 2016
Not at all. Administration is the first problem at this school. Many are not honest, fair and have zero integrity when performing their jobs or making decisions.

Florida Christian School 2

Posted March 07, 2016
Keep your high school student away from here! This is the worst Administration you could ask for. They are greedy and only concerned about tuition. Staff is mostly Alumni and/or Family members of Administration (so they can hide stuff under the rug). They will teach your kids about the Christian faith and to keep their bibles close, but nothing they preach is practice at this institution. Save your money!

4200 Southwest 89th Avenue, Miami, FL  33165
Last modified Florida Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12