Posted June 19, 2014
I attended this school for high school and seriously it was horrible. I recently graduated college and I must say this school did not prepare me at all for college. I'm not stupid or anything my GPA was high when I graduate but it wasnt because of the education, it was cause I was paying. I lost hope in private schools honestly I would send my child to a public school before sending them here. Honestly go somewhere else

Posted February 11, 2014
This is a great school and I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a school with a loving, safe and nurturing environment along with excellent teachers and curriculum. My son as been at FCS since the third grade. He is now in middle school and I have absolutely no complaint and nor does he.

Posted August 20, 2013
This "school" lacks quality teachers, athletics are a joke, the academic courses are not challenging, assigns an overload of homework, and does not prepare well for SAT, ACT, or college. Does not teach you how to think on ones own. Focuses way to much on Christianity and I felt the books were opinionated to only one certain way of thinking instead of exploring the different religions and philosophies that exist in the world. Middle school did not prepare me for high school at all and I struggled immensely for awhile. While I was attending FCS I had a 3.7 gpa. I left to another school and I quickly found myself behind compared to my classmates and I finished the year with a 2.9 gpa. The tuition is overpriced and NOT worth the "education" you receive. My recommendation is to look elsewhere

Posted July 24, 2013
My son just graduated from FCS and my daughter graduated 4 years ago. I thank God for the excellent academics, teachers, and staff at FCS. Both of my kids got accepted to every school they applied for, both qualified for FULL Bright Futures Scholoarships, both had very high SAT scores and both got full ride scholarships. I cannot say enough good things about the school.

Posted July 20, 2013
This school could be better if only we had better staff and teachers. Also I should be getting paid more for putting up with student and their parents. You may be wondering why I am writing this, but I am just feed up. The board members don't want me to go. Why, I don't know.

Florida Christian School 3

Posted May 31, 2013
My kids have been students at FCS since K3. One is heading to the main campus next year and to tell you the truth.... I'm a bit concerned. I used to think my kids would graduate from this school but now I'm not so sure. In comparing FCS to another Christian school, FCS lacks a strong curriculum, choice of electives as well as sports. The classroom sizes are too large, the student ratio was 25 to 1,,, 30+ in some grades. Not to mention that the property needs major repairs. On the other hand, The teachers and staff my kids have had , have been both encouraging and nurturing and a real family bond forms with others parents. I think the administration needs to be more pro-active in pushing the school into the 21st century and adhering to the worldly problems are kids will no doubt face. I love this school and I hope good changes come before more students leave.

Florida Christian School 4

Posted May 29, 2013
My children have been at this school since preschool. One is now entering high school and the other is entering middle school. My older child was invited to take the SAT by Duke University because he tested in the top 10% of the nation on his 6th grade Stanford Achievement Test and will be entering high school with his Algebra I credit already completed. While the school is not perfect, I am very happy with my children's progress. The sports and fine arts programs are great. Aside from having an award winning band and choir department, there is also a musical theater production put on by the school approximately every other year and at least 1 play a year. For a "smallish" school, I think that is pretty impressive! On the down side, the class sizes should be smaller in middle and high school. I would also love to see more of a variety of elective course offerings. Like any school there are a few bad seeds on the faculty and I would love to see the administration be more proactive in getting rid of those few teachers that leave a bit to be desired.

Florida Christian School 4

Posted March 18, 2013
As with any school you will find that there are issues. I have 2 children that have been there since 4K and one is in college now. She is well prepared and received an above average education. To call this school the worst is a bit of an exaggeration. They have superior band, art, and choir programs. Their drama program has really flourished and they put on amazing plays every year. Their yearbook has also won many awards. So as far as electives go they put out the best. In elementary my children received an excellent foundation. Class size has never been an issue for my children. The student body as a whole is small and everyone knows my kids by name. Obviously the negative comments here are written by an angry parent who had a bad experience. Both of my children have had an overall good experience and a good education.

Posted March 05, 2013
Terrible experience-glad it is over. We have been through many private schools large and small due to relocations associated with my husband's job. This school was by far the WORST experience we have ever had. I could not wait to get my children out of there. The elementary school was acceptable, I could have stomached a bit more time as it pertains to that aspect of the school. The middle school was a nightmare, unorganized and grossly overcrowded. If the teachers knew my child's first name that would have surprised me. The kids in middle/upper school run around that campus completely unsupervised. The academics are horrible considering you are paying for that education. My middle schooler was significantly behind when we moved to another school in another state. I still get angry when I think of the time and money wasted at this school. It was awful for us, worst school experience I have encountered hands down

Posted February 24, 2013
Both of my sons graduated from Florida Christian School, and both have now graduated from college and are established in their careers. The school strives to offer a well-rounded program with great athletics, superior arts programs, and excellent academics. Best of all, my students loved going to Florida Christian and knew they were loved by all of the faculty.

Florida Christian School
4200 Southwest 89th Avenue, Miami, FL  33165
Last modified Florida Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Florida Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 66 reviews. Top