Posted April 22, 2015
I've had an excellent experience and recommend this school. Hope people realize the great opportunities that they are given at this school.
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 31, 2015
My honest rating of this school is a 1 for middle and high school. The academic program at this school is awful. Teachers are below average and they never leave. Many teachers have kids going to this school free of charge because they work there. The tuition is very high for the quality. You will have to give extra money to some of the teachers for "tutoring" your kids after school, because during the day, apparently they are too busy to actually go over the lessons correctly. Many students seem unmotivated at this school. Go somewhere else before you spend your money here.
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 13, 2015
After investing several years at this Christian school, I have come to the sad realization that it does not live up to what I had hoped. At the middle and high school level, academics are not keeping up with competition from other schools. They emphasize the importance of a Christian based education and faith, however, I have seen many at the school behaving in contradiction to what they preach. Administration has consistently raised tuition for the same old program. Teachers seem to be on a life long contract at this school. Sports programs could be much better. If you are considering this school, my advice would be to talk to other parents and kids before making a decision to go there for middle or high school. Its just not worth the money in my view.
5 people found this helpful

Florida Christian School 2

Posted March 11, 2015
Florida Christian is a great Elementary School. However at their middle and high school level they continue to decline. Nothing new has been added to the curriculum or academic program in years. Many teachers could do better in their teaching abilities and support of their students. Administration doesn't seem to understand the need to move up with the times. They also tend to favor students (of their own staff) over others. The Christian foundation is great, but that is not the only factor needed to be successful in life. I would not recommend this school at the middle or high school level.
3 people found this helpful

Florida Christian School 3

Posted January 15, 2015
My kids are there because it's convinient and a good safe environment. However, this year the Board and Mr. Andrews decided to increase tuition again! School is not improving, teachers have not changed for years, and nothing is included (no books, no uniform, no fees, nothing). Extremely expensive for middle-high for what they are offering to students. I can't stand hearing middle and high school kids continue saying that they did not learn anythign at these levels. Middle and High needs a huge revamp. academically. Kids are leaving to new charter schools in the area or other, even home school. I hope my I am able to convince my husband that I know keeping them there for the long run is not the necessarily the best. Did I say I am a teacher myself?
4 people found this helpful

Florida Christian School 3

Posted January 05, 2015
Florida Christian is a good school, but like any other in Miami-Dade County, it has much room for improvements. My expectations of a good Christian school begin with a Christian based foundation for the students, but it should also display great integrity in leadership, staffing and be an overall example of excellent curriculum and program opportunities for all. This Christian school in certain ways falls below that. Administration needs to review the way they handle staffing, curriculum and programs for the tuition they charge.

Posted June 19, 2014
I attended this school for high school and seriously it was horrible. I recently graduated college and I must say this school did not prepare me at all for college. I'm not stupid or anything my GPA was high when I graduate but it wasnt because of the education, it was cause I was paying. I lost hope in private schools honestly I would send my child to a public school before sending them here. Honestly go somewhere else
3 people found this helpful

Posted February 11, 2014
This is a great school and I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a school with a loving, safe and nurturing environment along with excellent teachers and curriculum. My son as been at FCS since the third grade. He is now in middle school and I have absolutely no complaint and nor does he.

Posted August 20, 2013
This "school" lacks quality teachers, athletics are a joke, the academic courses are not challenging, assigns an overload of homework, and does not prepare well for SAT, ACT, or college. Does not teach you how to think on ones own. Focuses way to much on Christianity and I felt the books were opinionated to only one certain way of thinking instead of exploring the different religions and philosophies that exist in the world. Middle school did not prepare me for high school at all and I struggled immensely for awhile. While I was attending FCS I had a 3.7 gpa. I left to another school and I quickly found myself behind compared to my classmates and I finished the year with a 2.9 gpa. The tuition is overpriced and NOT worth the "education" you receive. My recommendation is to look elsewhere

Posted July 24, 2013
My son just graduated from FCS and my daughter graduated 4 years ago. I thank God for the excellent academics, teachers, and staff at FCS. Both of my kids got accepted to every school they applied for, both qualified for FULL Bright Futures Scholoarships, both had very high SAT scores and both got full ride scholarships. I cannot say enough good things about the school.

Florida Christian School
4200 Southwest 89th Avenue, Miami, FL  33165
Last modified Florida Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Florida Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 72 reviews. Top