No rating

Kendall Christian School

Private | PK-5

Living in Miami

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $381,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,200.

Posted May 28, 2008

My child will be entering Pre K 3 in the Fall and I am thrilled! A couple of months ago, the teacher's hosted a 'grade time travel' where students and parents were able to have a sneak peek at next year's classroom. Needless to say, the Pre K 3 time travel was a wonderful experience. The teacher kept the children engaged and alert the whole time. She read stories, sang a song and even did an art project with them (not an easy task when you have students and parents in the room). As a parent, I also love that the children are taught to have love for Christ, and for others--values that are certainly not part of some schools today. The events at Kendall Christian are great. They have parent social dinners, picnics, harvest 'pumpkin patch' parties, etc... Wonderful school! Miami's Best Kept Secret!

Posted May 21, 2008

My last child will be leaving Kendall Christian this year and we're leaving with a very heavy heart. The school has been a blessing to our family and my children have blossomed spiritually and academically. The school offers a superlative spiritual foundation. The staff and administration is top notch and my child(ren) have loved learning and have suceeded academically while attending KCS. My oldest child is now in high school and has been a straight A student since leaving Kendall an obvious sign of the wonderful academic program at Kendall. We will miss KCS and would strongly recommend this school to anyone looking for a loving and nurturing environment for their child.

Posted May 21, 2008

The reason we chose KCS for our two children was for spiritual and academic reasons. The school's Christian education program is outstanding and the faculty/administration are very loving. Both of my children went on to honor programs at both the middle school and high school level after leaving KCS.

Posted May 13, 2008

Was not at all impressed with their academic program. This school is behind most public schools in math. Some staff members and especially the principal are not very friendly or warm and lack communication skills. Would not recommend this school...

Posted February 27, 2008

I had two children attend the school. My eldest attended from pk 3 to 5th grade and the youngest until 1st grade. The only reason the youngest left was because our eldesty graduated. I cannot speak highly enough about the administation, staff and other families at this school. Teh eduacation is top notch in a loving christian envoronment. When we did have issues we worked them out with the administation in a mutually agreeable way. The faculty and staff feel that they are serving the parents in assisting to educate and nurture our kids in a christian environment.

Posted May 18, 2006

Takes a while to get used to the school-not the friendliest place. Little warmth exuded from staff members-academics are excellent. Poor communication.

Posted September 13, 2005

This is one of the best Christian schools in Miami. The administration s wonderful and the teachers are top-notch. Excellent curriculum and the staff is very loving and nurturing. My child has been here since PK-3 and has flourished. If you're looking for a Christ-centered school with an excellent academic program, KCS can't be beat.

Posted August 8, 2005

My daughter stared Prek-3 at KCS and this year will be her second year. I think that the academic quality is good. I was very impressed in seeing how much my daughter has learned and the knew skills she acquired from the beginning to the end of the program. I think it prepared the students very well for the higher grades. My daughter is too young to have her involved in extracurrical activities but I know that they do offer after school activities. Thorugh out the year they hold a lot of different activities that do involve parents participation. There are also activities where parents get together so besides promoting parents involvement in a way it encourages parents to get to know one another. Overall is a good school but the only disadavantage that I see that is a small school lacking the diversity that a bigger school can offer.

Posted July 25, 2005

Very loving enviornment throughout the entire school. The staff is helpful and warm. Their is room for creativity and positive discipline.

Posted May 13, 2004

Good Christian Education, friendly, non-competitive environment, emphasizes the positive.

Posted January 12, 2004

My children have been attending KCS for over 7 years. Every teacher they have had will be remembered as kind and loving with a passion for teaching. The families we have met have made such a difference in our lives. We will leave the school with many lifelong friends. The principal is top notch and in one year has made such a difference in the school. I am pleased with the curriculum used here which emphasizes hands-on activities and projects. This developmental approach is utilized all the way through fifth grade in various subjects. KCS' overall approach to learning has been stimulating and exciting and as a result my children have excelled both intellectually and developmentally. Of course, their SAT/IOWA scores have always been very good every year. I am confident when they finally leave KCS they will be prepared to go onto any school and do very well.

Posted October 21, 2003

My daughter has been attending KCSfor almost six years and every year the school gets better and better. It is the best kept secret!!

Posted October 15, 2003

Loving and nurturing environment with small classes. Very involved parents and teachers. Strong emphasis on Christian education. Academic performance is outstanding. Family atmosphere is a rare find. We love the school!

Posted October 12, 2003

Our decision to send our children to KCS went beyond its excellent reputation for preparing students for middle and high school. KCS was one of about 5 (private) schools that matched our academic requirements. What made KCS different was the school's culture of caring and nurturing the students in a Christian environment. We definitely sensed that there was something different about KCS. KCS has molded our children - not only as outstanding students, but more importantly (to us) as Christians. If you want more information about the school, their web site is www.kendallchristian.com. Better still, take time to stop by and tour the campus. You can't help but notice the difference.

Posted October 10, 2003

This is our 6th year at KCS and I cannot say enough about the staff, student, cirrculum and overall aspect of school. My children will be all the better for having attended KCS!

Posted August 10, 2003

My kids have been attending Kendall Christian for the past 3 years and we are thrilled with every fascette of this school. It's very family oriented. The teachers are incredible!! The classes are small about 20 kids per class is the most you will see. The communication between parents and teachers is the best I have ever seen!! The school instills very strong religous beliefs. The teachers are very good and very caring. 'This is an excellent institution'

Two or more races 6% N/A
Asian 0% N/A
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 2%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Presbyterian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

8485 SW 112th St