Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

We selected KCS based partly on the excellent reviews on this site, but mostly because we wanted a Christian education for our daughter and the school is competitively priced. Having spent the current school year at a public school, I now feel qualified to share our experience by comparing the two, in the hopes of helping out other parents who are in the same situation we were. KCS was an ok school. Some teachers were wonderful, some were lacking, most were simply ok. The Christian curriculum for kids was its main draw. Academics were pretty average, and not at all like the Gulliver-caliber standards the headmaster discussed during our prospective parents tour (sigh). Its Achilles heel, however, was extracurricular activities. The field was sadly unkempt and mosquito-infested, and its sports programs were a joke. As prospective parents we were wowed by a menu of after-school activities; once our child was a student, we realized how poorly planned and executed these were – our daughter was bored to tears and came to view them as a chore, begging us to leave her in aftercare instead. The straw that broke the camel’s back was when we picked up our daughter from PK4 at lunchtime for a doctor’s appointment, and found the entire classroom eating their lunch while watching cartoons. My daughter explained that this was a daily occurrence. Defying all common sense as well as childhood development research, the teachers and staff did not see a problem with this. Our daughter is now in her second semester of kindergarten at a great public school and we couldn’t be happier. She is learning and thriving, while getting a better education at no cost to us. Those funds are now going into her college savings account, and she receives her Christian education at Sunday school and through the way we teach her, on a daily basis, as parents. Of course, we cannot speak for other families, but we feel relieved that our risk at pulling her from KCS paid off.

We really love this school. It's a hidden gem and is not too expensive in comparison to all the schools in the area. My kids couldn't be happier!

AMAZING SCHOOL!!!! I have both my kids enrolled at Kendall Christian School. My daughter is currently in K3 and my son in elementary. We enrolled our kids several years back and the positive changes that we have seen have been excellent. The Headmaster was brought in last year and the changes have been only positive. They also hired a new preschool director that is very approachable and always available to help me when I need help. The teachers that my kids have been blessed with have been excellent Godly teachers. A few years ago we had once thought about moving our oldest son to another school for elementary with the thought that the curriculum was not challenging. We are so happy we didn't. He is definitely being challenged. The administration has brought in new curriculum and so many great programs to the school. I am very proud to see administration take action and be strict with certain unruly parents and students who think they can scream at teachers and disrespect school employees as they were able to do in the past. We are blessed to have our kids in such an excellent christian school. My husband and I plan to see our kids graduate from KCS.

KCS is a great school. I have had my child there for 4 years now and I could not be more proud of all the changes. My son is now in 3rd grade and doing great. The school has really improved and I highly recommend it.

My children attended this school for two years. During this time the staff was completely switched from the head master to the secretary. After that point this school became just a money making operation totally void of respect for parents and students. If you had a issue with the teachers the "head master" would chastise you for being a concerned parent. I immediately withdrew my children only to find that they were lacking academically to public school when they received honor roll previously. I would not recommend this school and would warn other parents to reconsider if they chose this school.

My three children go to Kendall Christian school and I couldn't be happier with the education they are getting from truly Christian teachers who care not only about their education, but about their spiritual well being. The teachers and staff are like an extended family. They want to work with the parents to provide the best education and foundation for their children. This is a hidden gem - and we are blessed to have found it!

I am a former student of KCS and now have my children enrolled in the school. It was an excellent school when I attended and continues to be an excellent school. KCS celebrates 40 years of excellence in 2013.

Very dissapointed with the school. Lack of structure and leadership. I will definetly remove my daughter this year.

I have 2children. Both of them have gone through KCS from K3 to 5th grade. They were very prepared to go on to middle school.I would highly recommend this school to anyone with children.

We love KCS. The staff is caring and nurturing and truly teach the children. Great family atmosphere with lots of fun activities to bring families together. Our child is growing up with a strong Christian foundation and a has a great love for Christ.

Last modified Kendall Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-5