Miami, FL
Before care: Yes

Miami Country Day School 3

Posted May 17, 2014
The school needs to have new leadership. Remember the admissions office is really a sales office. The ACES lab is the best. Most of the teachers are great. However, it's about nodding heads and smiling. It looks good on the outside. However, do what you can do to assist the teachers to make their lives easier. Don't go to administrators for answers. Go to the teachers. They are your main line to help your child be the best they can be. Your teachers know your child. Not admin! Time will tell... parents are smart. Are you really getting what you are paying for? Academics or sports

Posted April 18, 2014
I am so happy with the teachers. The school is safe for the kids. I do have my issues, but overall, the school is amazing.

Posted April 17, 2014
We have been at MCDS three years, and my daughter has been the happiest girl there. She is challenged all the time by her teachers and peers, and students are happy with other kids achievements. Every single kid I have known at Country Day is so sure of him/herself, and that to me is half of the way in life. My daughter is in advanced math in Middle School, and I am amazed by everything she is learning. I say the same about the other subjects. Even though tuition is expensive, I don't feel it is a snob school, and like my daughter says, we are all the same in class. I strongly recommend it. I had heard many stories about how kids were treated differently because of their donations, and it is totally untrue. My daughter has been awarded many times and we have not given any big donation to the school.

Posted September 25, 2013
My boys LOVE going to school every day. Elementary students attend Spanish or French (3x a week), P.E. (2x a week), music, art, ACES, swimming and media every week. We were initially attracted to MCDS because of its after school chess program and monthly chess tournaments. They also offer several other after school enrichment clubs. We ultimately chose MCDS for our children because of its philosophy to nourish the whole child. The teachers' qualifications are very impressive as well. Attending school on a pre-K to 12 campus offers many opportunities students at smaller schools don't have. Our boys look forward to attending MCDS until they graduate.

Posted September 04, 2013
I love this school. I can't imagine my daughter being anywhere else. She is currently in 2nd grade and has been there since junior Kindergarten. This school brings out the very best in my child. They offer an environment where she can truly blossom. The lower school program is on the cutting edge of education. My daughter loves to learn. Miami Country Day is cultivating such a love for learning in her. The best part is the lower school director, Mrs. Jenny Knight. She knows every student by name. She is not just a paper pusher but she is really hands on with the kids. She really care about the students. The school also really added some nice enhancements to the curriculum this year. They added Stephen Covey's The 7 Habits of Happy Kids. So in love with this school. It's the best school ever!

Posted August 27, 2013
This campus has changed so much in the past two years and the school continues to grow and improve. I am so impressed with the quality of education. Being from the Northeast, I was pleasently suprised to find such a diverse, creative, welcoming, and inspiring school. I just learned the school's quote is Every Student Every Day and I understand it now knowing that my three (very different children) are all being challenged and developed in their own unique ways. Happy kids= Happy parents

Miami Country Day School 1

Posted July 29, 2013
The only thing I like about this school is the animal enrichment center. The educators and faculty at MCDS are not doing their job of providing the best learning experience for the entire student body. The curriculum is sub par. Most of the students have tutors, because they simply are not being taught the basics. Children are not encourage to read until grade 2 to 3. The majority of the teachers are jaded and simply need to go. Reading and math levels are low. The school is run by an incompetent oligarchy, who are actually dumbing down our children. My suggestion to parents is to forget about the "cache" of saying my kid attends Miami Country Day School, but to think long and hard before subjecting your child to this school. If you still want your child to attend this school, please make lots of random visits at various times, speak to every parent, have lots of play dates, build a strong union between the children and parents. Talk to your child each day about every single event of the school day, ask questions, and trust your child. If you want your child to have a challenging education this school is not it. The superb education that you think you are paying for is a facade.

Posted June 15, 2013
Another plus about the general summer camp at Miami Country Day is that children are grouped according to age grade and boys are separated from girls and placed in their own camps tailored into a unique program. I was amazed at the number of counselors and teachers available.

Posted June 15, 2013
summercamp is like being at Disney for a child, even if you can't afford it , it's worth the splurge for at least one week, look at the credentials and talents of the teachers and counselors, you will be impressed, handouts are at school, activities like pony rides, canoeing, fishing, swim classes, excellent lunches included, singing, dancing, gym, science , does not compare to any other camp in the shores.

Posted April 08, 2013
Miami Country Day School is the most inviting school that fosters a nurturing community for students to thrive and engage in a multitude of academic and extracurricular activities. Teachers, faculty, and parents are extremely supportive of each motivated student's endeavors to succeed in every way possible. From personal experience, I can say that the teachers at MCDS care about their students as if they are their own children, and it shows. As a result, the Country Day community remains a close-knit unified community, and always will. Students, teachers, faculty, and parents would do almost anything for another member of the school s community. Students feel as if MCDS is their second home and see its members as their family who will always be there no matter the circumstance or the amount of time that passes by. Graduating from Miami Country Day School was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. It was extremely upsetting to think about a life away from Miami Country Day School. However, I know that my friends and teachers will always be there for me when I come back home from college.

Miami Country Day School
601 NE 107th St, Miami, FL  33161
Last modified Miami Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Miami Country Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top