Miami Country Day School 2

Posted June 22, 2015
the weak curriculum, the teacher who teaches geography to the 7 graders while playing the game "we are running away from zombies" (?!), another teach who says to my daughter that she "can relate to cannibalism because her family has properties in Indonesia and she spends her vacations here" (obviously that teacher learned her ways while running away from zombies too:) English teacher is so repetitive and keeps loosing herself into bla that kids are sleeping on her lessons (I personally almost fall asleep during her 15 min talk during teachers/parents meet up (I have no clue what she is smoking but I fell sorry for my daughter's seating in that class learning nothing). During the rain kids run from building to building with no protection and are getting wet/seating in wet clothes and shoes in classes. My daughter had PE right after the lunch and had to run 5 laps. The tennis couch is rude and hateful to students and parents. All this for 25+K a year. Does not worth it

Miami Country Day School
Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted June 22, 2015
1. My daughter's tennis couch excluded her from the 2015 year team despite the fact that she is good player and her serving is probably is the best in the team. She did it because she had conflict with who asked her to address me (the students and the parents in polite way....) The school management did not do proper investigation of the fact despite the support of ma daughter's team mates. 2. I offered the management (the Head of the School) to build the club "animal protection" in liaison with the Miami Dade Animal Services (where high school students could do community hours and really help the community and the animals ). Did not get any interest from the management. After several cases like that I concluded that the management does not support the value of honesty, and is not interested in modern issues such as environment and animal protection. In two years I had my daughter there I got the impression that all the management cares about is to squeeze more money from the parents.

Posted May 03, 2015
Having two graduates who are happy, productive, and following their passions into adulthood, Miami Country Day truly lives its mission! The opportunities are available to experience and excel in academics, of course, as well as grow in other aspects of life - leadership, sciences, arts, athletics, and community service. A great place to learn and grow!

Miami Country Day School 3

Posted May 17, 2014
The school needs to have new leadership. Remember the admissions office is really a sales office. The ACES lab is the best. Most of the teachers are great. However, it's about nodding heads and smiling. It looks good on the outside. However, do what you can do to assist the teachers to make their lives easier. Don't go to administrators for answers. Go to the teachers. They are your main line to help your child be the best they can be. Your teachers know your child. Not admin! Time will tell... parents are smart. Are you really getting what you are paying for? Academics or sports

Posted April 18, 2014
I am so happy with the teachers. The school is safe for the kids. I do have my issues, but overall, the school is amazing.

Posted April 17, 2014
We have been at MCDS three years, and my daughter has been the happiest girl there. She is challenged all the time by her teachers and peers, and students are happy with other kids achievements. Every single kid I have known at Country Day is so sure of him/herself, and that to me is half of the way in life. My daughter is in advanced math in Middle School, and I am amazed by everything she is learning. I say the same about the other subjects. Even though tuition is expensive, I don't feel it is a snob school, and like my daughter says, we are all the same in class. I strongly recommend it. I had heard many stories about how kids were treated differently because of their donations, and it is totally untrue. My daughter has been awarded many times and we have not given any big donation to the school.

Posted September 25, 2013
My boys LOVE going to school every day. Elementary students attend Spanish or French (3x a week), P.E. (2x a week), music, art, ACES, swimming and media every week. We were initially attracted to MCDS because of its after school chess program and monthly chess tournaments. They also offer several other after school enrichment clubs. We ultimately chose MCDS for our children because of its philosophy to nourish the whole child. The teachers' qualifications are very impressive as well. Attending school on a pre-K to 12 campus offers many opportunities students at smaller schools don't have. Our boys look forward to attending MCDS until they graduate.

Posted September 04, 2013
I love this school. I can't imagine my daughter being anywhere else. She is currently in 2nd grade and has been there since junior Kindergarten. This school brings out the very best in my child. They offer an environment where she can truly blossom. The lower school program is on the cutting edge of education. My daughter loves to learn. Miami Country Day is cultivating such a love for learning in her. The best part is the lower school director, Mrs. Jenny Knight. She knows every student by name. She is not just a paper pusher but she is really hands on with the kids. She really care about the students. The school also really added some nice enhancements to the curriculum this year. They added Stephen Covey's The 7 Habits of Happy Kids. So in love with this school. It's the best school ever!

Posted August 27, 2013
This campus has changed so much in the past two years and the school continues to grow and improve. I am so impressed with the quality of education. Being from the Northeast, I was pleasently suprised to find such a diverse, creative, welcoming, and inspiring school. I just learned the school's quote is Every Student Every Day and I understand it now knowing that my three (very different children) are all being challenged and developed in their own unique ways. Happy kids= Happy parents

Miami Country Day School 1

Posted July 29, 2013
The only thing I like about this school is the animal enrichment center. The educators and faculty at MCDS are not doing their job of providing the best learning experience for the entire student body. The curriculum is sub par. Most of the students have tutors, because they simply are not being taught the basics. Children are not encourage to read until grade 2 to 3. The majority of the teachers are jaded and simply need to go. Reading and math levels are low. The school is run by an incompetent oligarchy, who are actually dumbing down our children. My suggestion to parents is to forget about the "cache" of saying my kid attends Miami Country Day School, but to think long and hard before subjecting your child to this school. If you still want your child to attend this school, please make lots of random visits at various times, speak to every parent, have lots of play dates, build a strong union between the children and parents. Talk to your child each day about every single event of the school day, ask questions, and trust your child. If you want your child to have a challenging education this school is not it. The superb education that you think you are paying for is a facade.

Miami Country Day School
601 NE 107th St, Miami, FL  33161
Last modified Miami Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Miami Country Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top