7-12|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

It has been brought to our attention that there may be former students or faculty that were dismissed by our administration in order to maintain our school at the highest standards, and are now making remarks to compromise the integrity of our school. Brito Miami Private has been in operation in South Florida for over thirty years and our graduates have succeeded both at a higher academic level (private and public) and in their careers. It is with the great pride and satisfaction that our teachers and staff continue to educate future alumni using the newest and most up-to-date curriculum. Furthermore, our school is fully regionally accredited by AdvancEd/SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools), nationally accredited by NIPSA (National Independent Schools Association), and state accredited by COBIS (Council of Bilingual School). Therefore, we welcome any parents who are considering our school for their child’s admission to schedule an appointment and tour.
September 16, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

The school effectively held me back from learning (efficiently, or arguably at all) by making its own backwards' policies and (for lack of more adequate word) ridiculous teachers their main priority (I won't make a comment as to where profit falls on their priority list, since I obviously don't have physical evidence. But, I should note that it's interesting just how similar, and pointed, many of the other comments are (see: admins fancy cars, unhealthy/pricey lunch choices, etc.)) (I'll also note how essentially ALL the positive comments are either from parents of much younger children/parents moreso in need of childcare, OR, fail to mention any of the schools educational attributes, OR both...) Their heart is in the right place, but they're out of their depths and not shying away from enjoying the ea$y ca$h (especially from some easy targets..)

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

There is literally a single teacher/classroom option available to each class grade - makes it near impossible to accomodate to any actually marked differences.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They simply are not. Lots of yelling, and /good luck/ if you don't speak Spanish too.

As a parent of a first grader I can say that I am very happy with the education that my daughter is receiving. The teachers and staff are truly amazing. The administration office is always willing to help me with any concern that I may have. The teachers are all highly qualified and very giving. I know I made a right choice.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The administration is always accessible and ready to lend a helping hand, it is truly a family environment.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

All of the teachers in the pre-school are very caring and make sure the kids are ready for the next level. My child finished VPK reading at a first grade level!

Brito has been a great choice for our family! The experience I had with their VPK program and now Kindergarten has been wonderful.

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted September 16, 2016

Both of my daughters are graduates of Brito Miami Private school and my wife and I would not have chosen a better institution for their elementary, middle and high school studies. They continued their education at FIU which was an easy transition for them. If it were not for the education they received at BMPS, their future success would not have been attainable. Today, they are very successful in their careers but continue to keep their alma mater in a special place. The Brito family has educated many of the leaders of our community today and we are sure they will continue with their legacy instilling these values to future generations in the years to come.

As a parent of three children, I would gladly recommend this school. The small family environment and caring staff are one of the best parts of Brito Miami Private. My oldest just entered high school and the younger ones are in the different elementary levels and they have always been challenged academically. I hope to continue their education at Brito and always be a part of the panther family.

Last modified Brito Miami Private School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12