No rating

Pinewood Acres School

Private | PK-6

Living in Miami

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $98,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,200.

Sweep tile

Posted November 14, 2013

Great school!!! My son absolutely loves it and is doing so much better academically than his previous school.

Posted November 14, 2012

Thought you all might like to know how very proud we are of James today He has taken his Spanish GCSE exam two years early, and today we got the results he passed with a outstanding result of an A thank you Pinewood for starting him on the language of Spanish. xx we are very proud of him..this is a first for his school in England letting a student take this exam two years ahead of time.. love to you all x

Posted May 15, 2011

My daughter has attended since 1st grade and we could not be happier with her overall experience. Excellent teachers, beautiful campus and academically challenging. I highly recommend it!

Posted April 16, 2010

Pinewood Acres is more than just a school. This is a place where children are encouraged to discover who they are through enrichment activities that allow students to explore various avenues. The curriculum is rigorous but the personal guidance and mentoring provide a child with a solid foundation for learning and life. The low student-to-teacher ratio offers the opportunity for all students to receive differentiated instruction based upon individual need. As one teacher so eloquently stated 'This place is a Teacher's paradise.' The teachers are treated as professionals and given academic freedom within their subject area to be innovative and utilize their individual talents to best meet the students academic needs. The school is small, nurturing and the unique family atmosphere allows the students to enjoy their educational experience to the fullest. Every child is treated as an individual and encouraged to take risks to become a more well rounded individual.

Posted March 17, 2010

Pinewood Acres is an outstanding school with amazing teachers and the administration personnel is very supportive to students, parents and teachers. Both my daughters graduated from 6th grade there and have been successful academic scholars. They were accepted into the high academic local private schools. While at Pinewood they were challenged academically, acquired outstanding study skills, and were able to appreciate the love of learning. My daughters came in from public school and felt that they learned a lot more during the day and they were able to complete their HW independently. The campus is such a beautiful setting lending itself to a calm learning environment. Their reading program begins in preschool and those students become outstanding readers beginning in Kindergarten. My girls love to visit and return to do their community service hours there. I highly recommend Pinewood to those who value education!

Posted December 18, 2009

The education Pinewood Acres provides students is outstanding. The environment and caring attitude of the teachers remind me of when I was a child in school. Successful students are a product of extremely qualified teachers and small class sizes. Students not only receive outstanding academics presented creatively and effectively, they receive character education that is unmatched by any public or charter school. We all know the public school situation, charter schools are fighting for students, but are often based on financial support from parents. Pinewood Acres, even though private with tuition, does not expect parents to constantly pony up additional cash or sell gift wrap. As far as I am concerned, my son, who was 'educated' in the charter school system for K-3, should have just started here. He has flourished magnificently, a product of excellent teachers. The level of quality this school provides far exceeds the cost of tuition.

Posted April 12, 2008

The school recieved high marks from a recent accreditation visit. The parents are involved and the education is great. One of the best elementary schools in the area. Don't take my word for it, I urge you to call the better middle schools in the area and ask how Pinewood Acres kids do. They will tell you they are always at the top of the class. Pinewood offers a modern education in a setting from the 1950s. I mean that as a compliment.

Posted January 9, 2007

My child did excellent at Pinewood Acres. Scored very high on the Stanford Achievement Test. Then I put my child in a different school. Found out that the teachers at Pinewood teach what is on the test. They should never even see the test. My child is not as 'gifted' as Pinewood had me think. My child was on honor roll every time. Means nothing now. Needs to do a lot of catch up work for what was not learned. Must say their is no parent involvement at this school the Lones don't seem to like you there.

Posted January 5, 2007

Pinewood Acres is an excellent school with great teachers! My kids have excelled there. The Lones have created a loving environment with high academic standards. They welcome involved parents.

Posted September 4, 2006

I believed that if I paid for my children education I was doing the best for them. I believed the hubris that Pinewood lectured, small classes and small environment was the best for them. My children did not return to Pinewood this fall, for numerous reason. My children are in public school now, and they are not amazing ahead of their peers as Pinewood had me believe, they were on the honor roll at Pinewood, my oldest is actually BEHIND in not only math but reading. I was sadden to have left Pinewood at first but not anymore I am actually glad I did so, and so are my children.

Posted August 22, 2006

This school is great learning environment for students. It has a great music program band, p.e anything you can think of. They make you feel right at home. I went to this school 2 grade all the way to 6 and i had a great experience. I recommend it to everyone!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted May 13, 2006

Pinewood Acres has always been know for it's high standards but it seems to have lowered them. By far the first grade is the best grade experience in the school, each year after is a let down until fourth grade were the standards are once again set high. The school seems to pair weak teachers with strong ones, if your child gets a weak teacher it's a really poor year for you and your child. There is no parent involvement in the school, they seem to dislike the parents being there. There also are very few afterschool programs.

Posted March 7, 2006

What a great school! We researched and visited most, if not all, of the non-religious private schools in the southern Miami-Dade County area for our daughter when she was ready for kindergarten. Pinewood Acres was the best. It has great accreditations, a warm, welcoming atmosphere, and an excellent teaching and administrative staff. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for the best school possible for their child.

Posted August 30, 2004

Excellent private, non religious school. Small classes in homey atmosphere where principal knows name of every student. great education where children feed to excelent middle schools.

Asian 1% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Associations
  • NIPSA

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

9500 SW 97th Ave