Miami, FL

Posted September 11, 2014
I MUST write the following after reading some of the unfavorable reviews. I respect there are all kinds of experiences and all kinds of families. That being said, to the young families not well-versed in the "mommy wars," always remember that there are some families who will be miserable anywhere they go. There are families that want to "outsource" raising their children and take no responsibility of the outcome. There are families jealous of other families' financial fortune. Please read the reviews with a grain of salt. I am NOT of means and it takes much effort and sacrifice to have our two children attend this school. The values and importance of character which have been instilled here are priceless. So the buildings are old. There is a nurse. There is a "values" teacher. The office for the heads of elementary, middle and primary school are each smack in the middle of their respective students -- accessible -- not unreachable. The children have PE every day or yoga. The art program is awesome. There is an artist in residence program. There is a play each year every child is a part of. The sports teams have a no-cut policy. An awesome institution!

Posted March 17, 2014
Our daughter just got into The New World School of the Arts. While we all think our children are special, we know that a big part of this is due to the amazing faculty & staff at Cushman. All of them had a hand in making our daughter the confident, "thinking outside the box" young lady she is today.

Posted March 15, 2014
My child is graduating this year and we are very sad to be leaving. After being at another school in miami, we luckily found Cushman. The teachers and administration have done so much for our family over the years, and we are grateful. Every school out child applied to for high school accepted him. This is an amazing place to be!

Posted October 07, 2013
What an amazing school! After doing a lot of research we chose Cushman over the other local schools because it had a wonderfully enriching curriculum and program. Our three children have had a great experience, and now that it oldest is in high school, we see the big picture. Cushman did a wonderful b preparing our son for high school and they instilled in him a sense of confidence and pride. We look forward to the rest of our years at Cushman.

Posted October 03, 2013
The Cushman School is an outstanding school. I have two children who attended from age 3 to 8th grade, and each was given exactly what they needed. They were treated as individuals and offered a rigorous curriculum balanced with attentive and caring teachers. Both children were accepted to their choice of high school and have flourished in honors and AP courses. The teachers at Cushman are professional and highly skilled in their field, as well as understanding that all children are not the same and do not learn in the same way. I will always be grateful to have found a school like Cushman.

Posted October 02, 2013
Parent's worse nightmare. The school structure and current application of its phylosophy jeopardizes children self esteeme, happiness and desire to learn. Kids are unsupervised in class or playground. They teach "do the right thing even if nobody is whatching"....well, NOBODY is watching!. We experienced preK bullying and age-inapproprate language and interaction. Despite multiple complains, verbally and physically violent kids were left unsupervised. The school leadership missed the opportunity to address concerns and apply some critical thinking, but rather attempted to intimidate the parents who were raising such concerns , revealing more distressed for potential damage to the school reputation and enrollment than attention to emotional and physical safety of its children. Poor ethics, academics, and pitiful afternoon enrichment classes in a school with such a glorious website and history. This school is good only for difficult children, and whose parents can pay to accomodate the trouble of dealing with such children. But if you have a smart, nice and well behaved kid, do not go there. The Board of the school should look into their newly appointed leadership.

Posted September 09, 2013
I don't like this school at all, be ready to spend money in here, they are all for money if you are not ready to empty your wallet then there will be no help for your kids, the teachers don't take Constructive criticism, they don t help students that are lagging behind on any given topic, but if you have the money, if you put extra money then they will find a way to help. They are for the money and not for the child welfare, sad that in this century teachers are not willing to accept new concepts, nor incorporate new technologies into the daily teaching environment, unless you pay for it yourself and kindly donate that to them. Think twice if you want to join that school unless you have tons of money and do not care about preparedness. If you don t believe me ask before you join a comparison between them and the A public schools and then you will understand what I am talking about.

Posted August 07, 2013
I was led to believe that this school was great based on past administration. The school is all about money now and there is no consistency in teachers. They all seem to leave. The kids run this school and behavior is inappropriate. There is overt bullying by kids which no one addresses. There is no longer a feeling of genuine love and community. My two kids attended for four years and each year since this transition, the school gets worse. I am sad to say that this is a waste of money unless you just want to support nepotism. I voted in the new head and like most of us we see that it was a mistake. I hung in for a long time and have sadly decided to remove both of my children. The is a sad air of secrecy at this school now, everyone smiles and nods their heads, yet you know that no one is ever telling you the truth.

Posted July 22, 2013
Cushman honestly is a school that has it all. Every school is not perfect. There was an instance where my child needed guidance a few years ago, and she got it. Not only did she get it, but she is now in the Junior Honor Society and is very artistic. I love Cushman and would absolutely recommend it!

Posted July 18, 2013
Cushman has been a wonderful school for my two children who are both so different, which is a testament to the individualized education they offer. The comments I've always heard upon coming to Miami that 'Cushman students are confident and kind' are true. The school definitely focuses on character development along with academics, which it seems not all schools do very successfully these days. If you want a great school in a warm and very creative environment with alot of tradition, Cushman provides that. If you want fancy new buildings then you may not appreciate the charm and history of the campus that is currently under going many renovations. But what counts are the people and the curriculum there, and it's been worth every penny as I see the young adults my children are turning into.

Cushman School