Posted September 25, 2014
Atlantis Academy is a wonderful school - it is exactly the environment my son has needed in order to be able to grow. Brain cancer treatment left him with neurological deficits, from difficulty managing his emotions and controlling behavior, to a slower processing speed. The faculty at Atlantis has been fabulous. They know when to challenge and when to nurture. They teach accountability while understanding some behaviors are out of his control. They treat him with affection, while pushing him to treat others the way he wants to be treated. At first I hoped he would be able to get by in a more traditional environment. The truth is, he might have gotten by, but he would not have thrived anywhere else as he has done at Atlantis. When I look at him, I see a young man who has overcome a lot, and who is still making gains. He makes mistakes and has tough days, but even during those difficult times he is surrounded by people who believe in him. As he begins to approach the end of his high school years I see potential for his future, made possible by the faculty and staff at Atlantis, and the partnership they embarked on with us when we enrolled him there.

Posted September 22, 2014
Atlantis Academy Miami has been and continues to be my daughter's second home. She began receiving a special education at Atlantis at the age of 5. Now she is 19 and all the staff and administration has seen her become the loving young lady she is. The teachers and administration are so pro active, caring, and passionate for what they do. The amount of help that I have seen that has been granted to parents with different needs is endless. The compassion of the school members is simply indescribable, one of a kind. My daughter is now part of their LIFE program, created for those students after graduation. It includes a very good curriculum combined with the teaching of the daily goals that they need to accomplish in order to be as independent as possible. Please feel free to contact me through the school for parental references. The children are safe, happy and taught at their identified level of learning. Highly recommend the school, Maria Eugenia Garces

Posted May 02, 2014
My son has been going to Atlantis for 2yrs now & I have to say that's been the BEST thing I've done. They are able to give my son what he needs a small class setting & academic stimulation. I can only speak about the administration & elementary team (school is divided into 3 sections Spectrum, Elementary, & Upper team) they are wonderful the teachers are always willing to speak to you if you have concerns . The office staff including both the director & asst director are always there to help you in anything that you may need or with any concerns. Now in regards to the money since I've seen it brought up in several these post. Compared to other schools that is suppose to offer the same services they cost almost twice as much as Atlantis..Yes you are asked to pay for yearbook, pictures, & any other extra activity but what school does not. I also need to address the post about teachers being only money hungry for your information these teachers take from their own pocket to purchase items & awards to give these wonderful students every week for doing an outstanding job. I can only say Thank You to Atlantis for all they have done for my son and me.

Posted April 25, 2014
I am not generally one to review products or services but in this case I feel a public responsibility to relay my experience with this school. In short, I would say avoid this school at all possible peril. I am ashamed that I went along with their lies and half-truths for so long in the belief that these were professionals who knew what they were doing. Academically, I will simply say that my grandson was touted as being way above grade level in several subjects, particularly math. Six weeks ago I learned that in mathematics he is two years behind grade level. The other subjects are worse. It would not be so bad had the school warned us that he was behind, but they still insist he is "advanced". They are extremely expensive and seem to have an additional price for everything the kid does. Seriously, in my opinion, this place is little more than a very expensive daycare facility. The worst part is that we are having an awful time trying to get him placed at another school given his low academics. I am glad only that we found out in time to fix the situation.

Posted October 08, 2013
I am former student of Atlantis Academy in Kendall Florida. I graduated in 1994. This school is terrible. It has ruined my life as well as dozens of other graduates. The ones who succeed are the exception and not the rule. I regret ever being a student at this school.

Posted October 04, 2012
My son attended Atlantis Academy as a teenager a few years ago and today is a very successful travel planner for Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines. The school's ability to give my son dedicated teachers, a smaller environment, and an atmosphere of acceptance helped him feel secure about his own learning style, thus awarding him a positive approach to his future. Today, he excels in all of life's challenges, many times bringing up how Atlantis was his savor. We are fortunate and quite grateful for all of the hard work, dedication, and professionalism that goes into this At school! *Note: Upon reading other reviews here, I must add that sometimes parents get in the way of their own children's success simply because they have unrealistic goals and are not hands with their children. If you come to a common place such as this to voice your opinion, take the time to develop thoughts properly and spell words correctly. You might be taken more seriously...

Posted October 01, 2012
I have two children who attended Atlantis Academy, and I'm happy with the Education they received. My oldest attended for five years, then graduated. My youngest attended for 13 years, from K-12. He graduated in May and now attends college. The education he received helped him become the man he is today. Atlantis Academy offers small classes with individualized attention. The nurturing environment, plus the committed teaching staff, have made an impact in my son's success. You will not find this close family environment at any other school. Atlantis Academy really helps make dreams come true.

Posted September 22, 2012
KEEP AWAY FROM THIS TERRIBLE SCHOOL....the teachers dont teach the kids...the only thing they are really interested is in the MONEY...the director and the director assistant only interested in money...the teachers the whole day long taking pictures to the kids and sending them to the parents for making them beleive that they are teaching the kids,,,the only teachers that really do their job is the Physical Education pictures, the rest only working in the school year book for selling the books later to the parents,,, and that's it...they take the money of the McKay Schoolarship plus a big monthly out the pocket money...but I would be glad in pay whatever amount if they really pay attention to the kids....but nothing....STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCHOOL FOR DISSABILITY KIDS...BEFORE SIGNING UP MY KID IN THIS SCHOOL I DID NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE TERRIBLE COMMNENTS ON INTERNET ABOUT THIS SCHOOL...UNFORTUNATLY THESE COMMENTS WERE TELLING THE REALITY ABOUT THIS SCHOOL....AS I REALIZED LATER ON...PLEASE PARENTS OF ANY DISSABILITY KID....KEEP AWAY FROM ATLANTIS ACADEMY....MONEY IS ALL THEY WANT...NO TEACHING ANY KID...ITS A BIG DISSASTER !!!!!!!!!!!.....

Posted August 31, 2011
i agree the school is over priced and the teachers are not professional. Please.....take your special child to a school that is really worth it.

Posted November 14, 2010
I really cannot recommend this school. My child only studied here for four months. I found that the staff and teachers are not really that professional, and the school is sort of overpriced when compared to the results.

Atlantis Academy