St Kevin Catholic School 3

Posted May 13, 2014
Acamedics in St Kevin are okay, I would say. My biggest dissapointment is all the extra non- academic activities that the kids are required to participate in during school days.. it makes me feel they waste so much time instead of finding ways to make more interesting and learning activities such as science fairs, spelling bee contests, math contests, etc... Kids watch movies in afterschool .. no matter which grade they are in. Counselors are with the kids to help with homework. Sometimes the homework comes home wrong or the counselor will tell the answer to the kids without teaching them how to answer it by themselves. There are many (too many) fundraising activites going on in the school: Golf tournament, Parish festival, fashion show, Gala night, etc ... never heard or seen where the money collected goes to... the school sure needs it.. the bathrooms needs a facelift, clasrooms computers are often down.. etc... The teachers are nice and I think they do their best to handle 30+kids in each classroom (they have two full time teachers per class). Overall, I think there is room to improve and really hope they do so.. otherwise I will be pulling my son out pretty soon...

St Kevin Catholic School 1

Posted April 28, 2014
My son and dughter have been coming to this school for years the school was a great school but not anymore. 50 families did not return to the school this year because the school education wise is rock bottom. You have to pay tudors for your kids to reach there grade level. The Principal and Administration needs to be fired. The principals daughter and her friends teach the school and the school is in shambles. When you have kids from St. Kevin that would ace Belen , Columbus entrance exams. Now they can't even pass. Also the School has a bullying problem kids bullying and assaulting other kids. This problem is out of control. This is not the same Catholic School I attended when I was a child. I would never recommend this school this is an example where the Archdiocese has failed Catholic education.

Posted March 22, 2014
I am grateful every day that my children attend St. Kevin Catholic School. My children attended what was considered one of the better public schools in Miami-Dade county & our experience was disappointing. My children were under tremendous pressure to excel in standardized tests & the teachers were uninterested in their students. A change had to be made. We came to St.Kevin in the middle of the school year. I met with the principal, Dr. Constantino and she was lovely. Dr. Constantino LOVES her school & it shows. She was welcoming, warm & accommodating. She was an educator who has been in the St. Kevin family for years! I came to learn that many of the educators at St. Kevin have been there for many years because the culture is supportive & the teachers clearly enjoy their job. The class sizes are not small but my son has learned more than when he was in a class of 18. The emphasis on reading is unparalleled and the workload is challenging but not overwhelming. The teachers' attention to each individual student is impressive. A great education, a sense of family & a well rounded experience has been our experience at St. Kevin Catholic School.

Posted February 20, 2014
The PK2 program at St. Kevin is wonderful! My daughter started in August and I have seen such growth in her. The teachers, aides, and director are all amazing. They are always communicating with the parents thru newsletters, emails, and text messages. I couldn't be happier with the school and the PK2 programs!

Posted November 12, 2013
This is a wonderful school. My oldest child graduated from St. Kevin several years ago and has been very successful in high school. As a matter of fact, when she arrived in high school, the teachers were very iimpressed and still are on how well-prepared for high school she was. I also have another child currently in junior high who is also learning and loving St. Kevin. This school is a very family oriented school. There is a wonderful community feeling! I love SKS!

St Kevin Catholic School 1

Posted October 27, 2013
The Principle needs to be REPLACED since she took over the school has gone down hill. Over 40 families who loved & had been there for years left St Kevin last year. The Principle has tried hiding this but all the parents know how she has run this school to the ground. She has her daughter & all her friends family members working at the school. So all the parents concerns go unheard & unattended. She tells you what you want to hear & then never follows up on it. It is sinful & a disservice what they are doing to these students. The middle school needs a clean out of teachers. Academically the middle school students are the ones suffering & behind. They are unprepared for high school so they need tutors to catch them up and fill in the gap. Their reading, wringing, science & math scores are the lowest ever. The middle school teachers are constantly telling the student how bad they are especially the religion dept. One teacher even cries in front of the students constantly. 98% of the parents are so unhappy & disappointed with the Principle & the Middle school teachers but keep on hoping for the best. This is not the school you want you child in & it is not the St Kevin it use to be.

St Kevin Catholic School 2

Posted September 06, 2013
As a parent...I can say the cafeteria is wonderful, administration does have an open door policy, caring staff and great families at SKS. Unfortunately, they have several teachers in the intermediate and middle school grades who do not know what they are doing and shouldn't be teaching. They need a new admin team not afraid to let go of these teachers. Students are getting into high schools but with extensive tutoring and too many of them have to attend summer school prior to entering the High Schools of choice. They were not selected top 25 for academics if people look up the Journal it is a Business Journal which they have to subscribe to and it was for attendance not ACADEMICS. They only posted the title so it is deceiving. It has been great for the primary grades but people know they are not serving the older students well. The school knows and are trying to do a lot of PR to cover up through social media (probably posting themselves here as parents) but a reputation is built on the student/families experience and you can't hide their voice or opinions. Every where I go people share that SKS isn't the same:(

Posted September 05, 2013
My daughter just began St. Kevin but my family has been a part of SKS for many years. I have nothing but positive comments to say about this school. The comments below are not true. The administration is far from mediocre. They have welcomed our family with open arms. The faculty are true professionals that have a passion for teaching. The school is in constant communication with the parents. There is no other place that I would trust my daughters education to. These so called "40" families that left SKS for other schools does not determine how the school is overall. It is funny how some families are so easy to bash a school that was good enough for their children at one time. The comment about the lunch is ridiculous. My child is a picky eater and she says the lunch is amazing and the cafeteria director is very nice. I suggest families that are looking into SKS to come and visit the school. They will see for themselves what a positive learning environment it is with wonderful teachers, fantastic administration, and helpful staff.

Posted September 03, 2013
I am very pleased with the education my son is receiving at Saint Kevin catholic school. He's had great success. In particular, the professionals working with my child have made a difference. I look forward to his continuing progress & to enrolling my other son next year. Parents, do your own research and get facts. The information is there. You can look it up. Saint Kevin is an excellent catholic school.

Posted August 31, 2013
I'm proud to say that my kids attend a school where they are not only loved by their teachers and staff but that there is also an amazing community & parish. When we looked for a school for our kids we did extensive research. We attended many Open Houses. There is no such thing as a perfect school. What we love about St. Kevin is that our kids are safe, are very happy and are learning a whole lot. In good times and in bad we have come together as a family and community to help those in need too. Yes families have left. Not sure where the count of 40 families total came from. It's sad to see others bash the school. We're there now and we are happy. Like everything in life, changes are currently being made. But they are for the better and for the children. Academically speaking it's amazing. The common core curriculum is strong. The idea is that all students master a certain skill before moving on to the next. Many schools speed thru the curriculum and then students fall behind along the way. Why you ask? Because a certain skill wasn't mastered along the way. Common core helps prevent this. It also speaks volumes that St. Kevin has won the award of "Top 25 private schools."

St Kevin Catholic School
4001 Southwest 127th Avenue, Miami, FL  33175
Last modified St Kevin Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Kevin Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 108 reviews. Top