No rating

Tropical Christian School

Private | PK-8

Student diversity

Living in Miami

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $82,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,310.

Posted May 27, 2009

I went to TCS all my life (untill 8th grade) and am now in college. i honestly think it is one of the better schools in miami. the teachers are wonderful. hands down a great time of my life that I always treasure.

Posted February 19, 2009

I think this school is amazing for elementary portion of the school, but the middle school can make some major changes that would help the kids have more respect for the teachers and their other classmates.

Posted September 4, 2008

My son attended Tropical Christian for middle school. Our experience was positive. My son was a challenge and required much encouragement due to his diagnosis of ADHD and poor motivation. The teachers were very caring and were willing to tutor him after school and to assist with any strategies to help him compensate for his attention deficits. Now 2 years later, my son attends one of the top high schools in the nation, Coral Reef Sr. High and he excels in his honors and AP classes. TCS definately prepares a child for high school and encourages independence and responsibility!

Posted August 27, 2008

My son graduated TCS and went on to high school in ALL honors classes. The small classes and Christian atmosphere helped him focus on education, spiritual and personal developement. The variety of teachers added to his learning experience and helped him learn to work with different people. The school has computers in the classes as well as a computer lab in the library with 12 NEW Apple computers. My son was taught to learn from books, computers, and working with other students. The shool has always had physical education and began bullying prevention education well before the state required it.

Posted February 9, 2008

This school is not that great for academic purposes, especially for middle school. It has a great christian atmosphere, but since great teachers have left, it's horrible. I guarantee that your child will not be prepared for high school in any way.

Posted June 5, 2007

The school overall is okay. Academically it can do much better. The SAT scores speak for themselves. Again this year, the school has lost a couple more of their good teachers. It sure makes you wonder what is going on in the school that is making these good teachers leave. The principal leadership does not exist. It saddens me to see the school academically deteriorate, because of the high teacher turn-over. Sadly, the teachers replacing the former ones are not of the highest level and lack experience, commitment and knowledge. This often makes you wonder where are the priorities of the school board members - quality education or net profit?

Posted May 29, 2007

This school is great for children from grades K-3-5th grade but when it comes down to middle school the school neither is fit to handle that responsibility.The school runs on a very short budget, even though tuition each year seems to increase.The teacher's quality has decreased tremoundously.I just believe that the school has deminished in value ever since the new principle Mrs.Burgman was hired.

Posted April 6, 2007

I have been at the school since K-5, and this is my last year at the school. The school is great, most friendly environment. Best Teachers! Great staff! The curriculum could always be better, and the school can offer more activities as far as electives, and other events like dances, prom, graduation, etc. The school can also advance technologically.
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 15, 2007

My three children have attended this school since K-3. My oldest child is now away at college and is achieving high grades. All my children have benefited from the atmosphere of this school. I think that the school is well-rounded and is constantly improving all aspects of their programs. I highly recommend this school to any that are looking for a school.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 9, 2007

I attended this school from preschool to 8th grade! I am now graduating from High School! Amazing atmopshere while I was attending. The previous principle was an amazing person!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted January 26, 2007

Completely agree with comment above, my daughter has been in this school 3 years now, it was a great school at first, but due to the change in principal and loss of many of their teachers it has completly changed, academically could be better, a good thing is their small class size and good christian formation. This school needs to advance technologically.

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Church of Christ
Associations
  • NCSA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious