PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

The recent negative reviews were all written on the same day by the same disgruntled Parent that we know was very upset because we referred her to our Coral Way Campus, an outstanding school for children with learning differences. Although we did everything possible to help her son at our Main Campus, regretfully, he was just was not able to keep up with our advanced curriculum. We are a fully accredited school that was founded 40 years ago. We're very proud of the high quality all-around education we offer, the 5-star reviews that we've always received, the excellent academic programs that we provide at both of our campuses, and our wonderful family environment where children are taught with love. Our reputation and our success stands for itself. It's very sad that one Parent is capable of writing these unfounded, unfair and defamatory comments which could potentially blemish all that we work so hard for. We hope these negative comments, written by the same person, can be ignored or deleted. Sincerely, Ms. Alicia A. Casanova Principal/Owner
August 21, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I have been a member of the Highpoint Family for several years now and I am so proud of what it stands for. I love Highpoint because it's a school that cherishes each student and values them as individuals. Teachers always strive for excellence in all they do and are always looking for new ways to make the school better for their students. Being supportive and loving seems to be a personality trait that all Highpoint faculty and staff share. I'm glad to be a part of this community and I'm so proud to be a Greyhound!

Much like the parents who also gave the school a one star, we were very disappointed in the way the school treats certain parents and are only interested in the tuition and McKay school grants. There is definitely something wrong going on at the school when they have to move students around and have them placed in a separate room while the school was being inspected. The school is supposed to have a small group of students in a classroom and it is quite obvious that there is something not right when they have to move students for an inspection. Makes you wonder where all the 5 star ratings are coming from. As to the parent who wrote "Everyone is always willing to help and if you ever have questions, they are always ready to answer them" you must have been an exception. Both Dr. Gigi and Alicia are only concerned about one thing and that is making appearances and cashing in. I have no doubt that most if not all the 5 star reviews here were probably submitted by staff, friends or family members of the school's owner/principal, Alicia Casanova. Do your research and you can see she's involved in many money making businesses that have nothing to do with the school. Advice, do your children and yourself a favor...don't throw your money away on this place.

Amount of homework: Disagree

The teachers here have no idea what they're doing and their teaching methods and accreditations are questiionable.

Develops character: Disagree

The staff and the principal, Ms. Alicia are selectively friendly. They do not treat all parents or students alike. It seems as though there is a lot of bias if you're not part of their clique. Ms. Alicia seems to only care about making $$ and focuses predominantly on pushing for school funding through scholarships like Mccay.

My husband and I did our homework when it was time to chose a school for our son. After many tours & open houses, we had no doubt that Highpoint was our choice for our little one. Highpoint immediately felt like home! We are proud to say that we have been a part of this family for two years now and we can't imagine not having the faculty and staff as a part of our son's daily life. From our morning greeting from Ms. Virginia to our late afternoon pick up, our experience has been one that is unmeasurable. Happy child=Happy parents! :)

I've been researching lots of schools for over a year for my daughter that's starting school next year and since so many people recommended Highpoint, I went to their Open House this past Saturday. I'm so excited at what I saw and heard! The Principal is amazing since she's had her school forever and she seems so knowledgeable and caring. The programs are awesome and the main campus is beautiful and so clean. They have huge play fields, an adorable city for children to develop their imagination, gardens where kids grow their own fruits and veggies and even a mini golf! I saw lots of student work displayed in the beautiful classrooms and it's incredible to see what these children are learning. I finally found the school for my children and I'm thrilled!

The Coral Way campus offers one of the best programs in Miami for high functioning students with special needs. The teachers are very caring and the school environment is well structured and nurturing. The Director Dr. Gigi is one of the most dedicated persons we have ever met. She knows every student and parent by name and is always available to speak to you. Our son has made incredible progress in the 2 years he has been there. There are only 7 students in his class and for the first time he feels happy to come to school.

Finding the right school for children who learn differently and are not the same as other kids his age is one of the toughest challenges a parent must face right after receiving a diagnosis. After visiting different schools in Miami, the only one I found to have a true curriculum for ESE students was Highpoint Coral Way Campus. They provide small group instruction, qualified teachers, and in-house therapy in a very normal environment. My daughter has flourished and learned more than any other school she's been in. My family feels very blessed to have found Dr. Gigi and Highpoint!

I was very disappointed with the Coral Way campus. Dr. Gigi is hungry for the tuition money and the McKay grant funding with little interest in the progress of the children. My child learned nothing in the year he was there.

Last modified Highpoint Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8