Miami, FL

Posted January 25, 2014
I am a mom of three and currently have two of my children at CEA. My third child will begin attending next year. I recommend this school to any parent who would like to have a well rounded child. My children have excelled as individuals not only learners due to the teachers amazing knowledge and delivery methods. The administration is incredible... You are not a number but part of a family. They know you by name and are aware at all times the progress that your child is making. Administration is open-minded and always willing to listen to suggestions to improve the students overall learning and experience. This school is one of a kind. I am a public school teacher and I am aware of how lucky I am to have my children at CEA. I would not put my children in the hands of anyone else. I feel honored and blessed to be part if this wonderful community.

Conchita Espinosa Academy 3

Posted January 15, 2014
Although I would love to give it 5 stars for our experience in the elementary, the middle school particularly 7th and 8th grade math and science are so terrible that it brought my rating down to 3 stars. Overall, my children enjoyed the environment there. They made good friends and the teachers, particularly in the elementary, were exceptional and cared deeply about the complete child. The school is phenomenal if your children are inclined towards the arts, however, if they are not it may be difficult for them. Their tuition has risen substantially, as the quality of the middle school teaching has dropped exponentially. Essentially, in my opinion the school is good, not great. There is room for improvement as in any other school.

Posted December 22, 2013
CEA is an outstanding school! If you are looking for a school that will prepare your son/daughter for admission and a successful experience in any of the top rated high schools in Miami, then CEA is it. They offer solid academics in a wholesome environment that promotes the type of values that parents willing to pay for a private education typically want for their children. One very telling fact is the number of public school teachers and administrators that choose CEA for the education of their children. This is my recommendation to you: go and visit the place. Casually talk to the parents. Call the admissions department of the top rated high schools in the area and ask them about their experience with CEA graduates. It is worth it to do your homework! CEA is the best.

Posted December 18, 2013
Reflections from an alumni: Conchita Espinosa Academy has been a marvelous experience. It has always been more than a school; it has been a second home. Ever since we were little CEA has been teaching more than academics. If you asked anyone in the Class of 2012, what they ve learned in their years here at Conchita, you d get answers like: I ve learned to be kind and grateful, or I ve learned to be humble. CEA is our family, and it will not be easy leaving CEA, but I think I can speak for everyone when I say, we will VERY MUCH miss this loving family.

Posted December 13, 2013
Conchita Espinosa Academy provided my daughter and sons with a solid academic, arts and values education that gave them the tools to succeed in nationally top ranked high schools and colleges. A family atmosphere centered on kindness to others and forming citizens that are responsible, conscientious members of society combined with rigorous academics and a strong arts education are some of the ingredients in their recipe for success. I am now proud to be a CEA Grandmother as our family continues to be blessed to be part of a school that is truly like no other!.

Conchita Espinosa Academy 1

Posted December 10, 2013
The school relies on past achievement, and presently leaves a lot to be desired considering the extremely high tuition. The education is mediocre at best. The high student to teacher ratio is supplemented by giving the parents teaching responsibilities, relieving the teachers from basic duties. Diversity of any kind is non-existent and therefore does not prepare our children for the real world. It should also be mentioned that a great amount of the students are relatives of the faculty whom attend for free, and therefore think the school is perfect.

Posted October 04, 2013
Conchita is an excellent elementary/middle school that provides a truly balanced learning experience for its students. Graduates leave the school as well-rounded individuals, ready to take on the challenges of high school. Technology wise, the school took measured steps and, as a result, has developed an excellent program for our 6th grade daughter with IPAD based programs supplemented with traditional methods. I've never seen my daughter more engaged in the learning experience and excited to attend school. I cannot speak highly enough of this school!

Posted September 24, 2013
I wouldn't even think about any other school for my children. The balance of the arts, traditional learning styles and now the integration of technology are impressive. I love the family atmosphere and cozy feeling. As to fundraisers, there are two major ones but every year I see where every penny goes and it is all worth it. There are no schools like CEA.

Conchita Espinosa Academy 4

Posted September 24, 2013
Academics are somewhat overrated, especially as the kids get older. The school is very solid at the basics, yet not so strong at critical thinking, as kids get older. If your son or daughter is very bright, stick with a magnet or gifted public school program. There is also a difference between the experience for boys v. girls. Girls generally flourish. Boys get by and then leave to Belen in 6th grade. Boy's athletics are very basic and most parents put their kids in sports elsewhere. There are next to no male role models or male teachers. For girls, especially girls that enjoy the arts, it is an outstanding school, and I would recommend strongly for the artically inclined girl.

Posted September 23, 2013
My two daughters attended Conchita Espinosa Academy. My husband and I were both extremely happy with the school and the excellent education they provided for our children. Not only did they receive a wonderful education, but they also learned core values that have stayed with them throughout their lives. Conchita forms their students to be intelligent, well-rounded, independent, and most importantly, kind individuals. I would recommend this school to everyone.

Conchita Espinosa Academy
12975 SW 6th St, Miami, FL  33184
Last modified Conchita Espinosa Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Conchita Espinosa Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top