PK-2|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted March 23, 2016
My daughter loves this school so much. The learning method is great, her teacher is friendly and always willing to discuss her progress. The administratI've staff is always very helpful. I highly recommend this school.

Von Wedel Montessori School 4

Posted June 19, 2014
We had a bad experience with the owners of this school. They do not communicate much with the parents, they are very stand offish. Education is good my daughter is way advance for 1st grade and that is the only reason we stayed with the school. Even the teachers give a feeling that they are not happy with management, too sad because it could be a lot better.

Posted August 27, 2013
From the first time we saw the school, we fell in love with it. Not so many students and we really liked the green, nature setting. Kids can still run and have fun. Our daughter now started public school and is way far ahead academically than many other kids (she probably will skip 1st grade as she is already on 2nd grade level). She loved her teachers and going to school for 3 years at Von Wedel. Staff was great too. We realize now, how advanced she came out and how much they really learned. We already miss her time going to Von Wedel Montessori !!! Thank you Mr. Rene (principal) and the entire team!

Posted May 01, 2013
This was my son's first year at Von Wedel and I can't believe it's almost over! He's grown so much and always comes home talking about the new things he learned at school that day. Just the other day he told me that he learned to read "ALL by my SELF." He only turned 4 last month and is shocking his grandparents with how well he sounds out his words. Now he's coming home singing songs that he is learning for his graduation show. I can't wait to see him on stage!

Von Wedel Montessori School 1

Posted May 17, 2012
This school communicates very poorly with families. My son was enrolled and I had to pull him out temporarily due to his siblings critical illness. They not only failed to communicate that they gave away my son's spot but they kept all the tuition money we paid. They were not apologetic in the least. It seems that they care more about money and accepting as many kids as possible in one tiny space than they do about the families they are there to serve. We had a VERY POOR experience with the administration.

Posted May 16, 2012
I had my kids in Von Wedel for 2 years and unfortunately we had to move . This has been so far, the best school my kids attend, the excellent teachers, the good leadership of the principal and personalized environment makes the perfect combination for a 100% quality education. You and your child are known for who they are...not just an id number. We miss everybody at Von Wedel !

Von Wedel Montessori School 1

Posted March 22, 2012
I remember the glory days of this school when Mr.Von Wedel owned/operated this school. I revisited it recently, a friend of mines has a child that attends this school. Its more like a business, there is no longer a warmth/loving aroma in the atmosphere. The only thing that hasn't changed is the faithful Mr.Arthur.

Posted September 01, 2011
I m a first-time parent whose 3-year-old just started school for the first time at Von Wedel this fall. I can t say enough about how wonderful the experience has been! My daughter is going to school with a big smile and I m the one crying at goodbye!!! The teachers are super friendly and helpful, and the office has made sure that my introduction to Montessori has been easy on me and my husband. I can t wait for all the holiday events and everything else that s in store for me this year! I m so happy with my decision to enroll at Von Wedel. I felt at home on the day I visited, and now know that my hunch was right!!!

Posted April 13, 2011
This is my first year at Von Wedel and we are so happy. Our son is learning and growing beautifully. His teacher is remarkable and the assistants are also wonderful! Whenever we arrive at school there is always a sense of warmth which makes us feel so confident that this environment is perfect for his young mind. We are thrilled to have him at this school and we are confident that the influences provided at Von Wedel will help him flourish as he grows.

Posted April 05, 2011
My son has attended the Von Wedel Montessori for the past 2 years, and I have been very happy with both the standard of care and the challenge that he has received. The staff has always been very kind and gentle with my son. They have supported me in setting important boundaries at home, they highlight that the most rewarding education for children is achieved through an active partnership between home and school, and they place great emphasis on the involvement of parents. The management team has excellent knowledge about the settings strengths and weaknesses and is extremely proactive in monitoring, reflecting and implementing changes for sustained improvement. Most importantly, I have always been certain that he is very safe and well looked at whilst at VW.

Von Wedel Montessori School
11820 Northeast 13th Avenue, Miami, FL  33161
Last modified Von Wedel Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-2