PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

If you want your kid to be physically abused by other kids and watch how nothing is done about the abuser, send your kid here.

My two children have been attending Calusa for three years now - started in Elementary, the other in high school. I have seen major improvements in both their academics. My son was reading on a post high school level in ninth grade. My daughter, who has learning disabilities and high functioning Autism, although still not at grade level, has improved her reading skills several grade levels. Small class sizes, an administration that cares, everyone knows everybody by name. What more could a parent ask for! Two thumbs up for Dr. Fowler and his awesome school.

My child is constantlly bullied at this school. she has been beaten, spit on, pushed and verbally abused. the teachers are not aroung when this happens and the principal just "Talks" to the bullies without further actions. The principal is more about looking out for himself than the protection of the minors, this school sucks! do not take your child to this school unless you want him to be constantly pushed around. Most teachers don't care and there is little or non supervision on the halllways.

I am looking for a new high school for my daughter and was curious what the reviews were for her current school. If you are looking for a small safe environment for your child, Calusa is the place. After that, there are not many good things to be said. The school has few extracurricular activities and electives, and doesn't offer a real high school experience. My child has been a C student all her life when pushed, but now get's A's and B's without ever bringing a book home. We are really concerned that she will not be prepared for college or SAT's. I've done early pick-up a few times and usually see the class doing whatever they want when I get to the class. I believe the administration means well, but there is not much learing going on.

NO ONE THAT GOES TO CALUSA IS ROWDY do not go, BUT you can get amazing grades if you come here cause it's that easy. Plain and simple if you don't mind being surrounded by a nerd herd all day go

My 2 children have been attending this school for the past two year's and it has drastically changed them, they used to lack in they're math, and reading skills and the Calusa community helped them understand and they actually taught the children and tutored them after school for free. i fell in love with the school since the day i enrolled them. the school is filled with the spirit of the lord and offers an amazing education curriculum Abeka which has helped my child in reading and math!

i went to this school and bottom line, its mediocore at best, the teachers care, but when i swicthed to public schools there way no comparison, CPS' cirriculum is twisted and dated, the facility needs repairs. And while they focus on God, which is great, they do to much of it and it buds into acedemics (which are twisted by religion to begin with) Extra cirricular activities are absent besides sports and there is no Computer Lab, Library. i can go on and on about this place, but Dr. Fowler is a great man and so is Mr. D. God bless there souls.... As a final statement i say, if you care for your child, pull them out, i left on my own will cause me, a student, noticed problems. You want religion? Drag them to church, CPS has a great community but lacks what is neccessary for a learning establishment

I Have been going to this school for about 7 years of my life ! I love this school with all my heart ! Dr.Fowler is a great influent on people everywhere . I would grealty suggest that your Daughter or Son come to this school as soon as possible ! There is no other school I want to be at then Calusa . The education is not the best ,But you'll get through the year great ! Bible class is Mandatory and Bible class is a awesome way for new comers or returning students to get to know God more ! A lot of people say "O, the teacher are too strict or mean ! " But with my thinking maybe they are at times but they do that to get you ready for life ! Because remeber out in the open real life you will bump into ungreatfull people & unpleasant to be around .................... So i suggest at lease one year at Calusa will make you feel at home so you never leave ! Once you become part of the Calusa family your never leaving it !!!!! Im a proud person to say ill be graduating Calusa in a few years (:

I've been attending this school for about 11 years now; while I think that there is room for improvement, I have to commend Doctor Fowler and the rest of the faculty for providing a great hands-on Christian education. I'd also like to thank every teacher I've had for teaching me everything I know in such an involved and caring manner. I'll be graduating from this shcool with the rest of my class in 2012.

I like this school, Mrs Ferrufino and Mrs Martinez are excellent teachers, the only thing I wish is that the school teaches more spanish to the kids, because more than 80% of the students are hispanic.

Last modified Calusa Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12