Posted January 13, 2014
My two children have been attending Calusa for three years now - started in Elementary, the other in high school. I have seen major improvements in both their academics. My son was reading on a post high school level in ninth grade. My daughter, who has learning disabilities and high functioning Autism, although still not at grade level, has improved her reading skills several grade levels. Small class sizes, an administration that cares, everyone knows everybody by name. What more could a parent ask for! Two thumbs up for Dr. Fowler and his awesome school.

Calusa Preparatory School 1

Posted August 13, 2012
I am looking for a new high school for my daughter and was curious what the reviews were for her current school. If you are looking for a small safe environment for your child, Calusa is the place. After that, there are not many good things to be said. The school has few extracurricular activities and electives, and doesn't offer a real high school experience. My child has been a C student all her life when pushed, but now get's A's and B's without ever bringing a book home. We are really concerned that she will not be prepared for college or SAT's. I've done early pick-up a few times and usually see the class doing whatever they want when I get to the class. I believe the administration means well, but there is not much learing going on.

Posted March 31, 2012
NO ONE THAT GOES TO CALUSA IS ROWDY do not go, BUT you can get amazing grades if you come here cause it's that easy. Plain and simple if you don't mind being surrounded by a nerd herd all day go

Posted July 22, 2011
My 2 children have been attending this school for the past two year's and it has drastically changed them, they used to lack in they're math, and reading skills and the Calusa community helped them understand and they actually taught the children and tutored them after school for free. i fell in love with the school since the day i enrolled them. the school is filled with the spirit of the lord and offers an amazing education curriculum Abeka which has helped my child in reading and math!

Posted January 26, 2011
i went to this school and bottom line, its mediocore at best, the teachers care, but when i swicthed to public schools there way no comparison, CPS' cirriculum is twisted and dated, the facility needs repairs. And while they focus on God, which is great, they do to much of it and it buds into acedemics (which are twisted by religion to begin with) Extra cirricular activities are absent besides sports and there is no Computer Lab, Library. i can go on and on about this place, but Dr. Fowler is a great man and so is Mr. D. God bless there souls.... As a final statement i say, if you care for your child, pull them out, i left on my own will cause me, a student, noticed problems. You want religion? Drag them to church, CPS has a great community but lacks what is neccessary for a learning establishment

Posted December 25, 2010
I Have been going to this school for about 7 years of my life ! I love this school with all my heart ! Dr.Fowler is a great influent on people everywhere . I would grealty suggest that your Daughter or Son come to this school as soon as possible ! There is no other school I want to be at then Calusa . The education is not the best ,But you'll get through the year great ! Bible class is Mandatory and Bible class is a awesome way for new comers or returning students to get to know God more ! A lot of people say "O, the teacher are too strict or mean ! " But with my thinking maybe they are at times but they do that to get you ready for life ! Because remeber out in the open real life you will bump into ungreatfull people & unpleasant to be around .................... So i suggest at lease one year at Calusa will make you feel at home so you never leave ! Once you become part of the Calusa family your never leaving it !!!!! Im a proud person to say ill be graduating Calusa in a few years (:

Posted November 03, 2010
I've been attending this school for about 11 years now; while I think that there is room for improvement, I have to commend Doctor Fowler and the rest of the faculty for providing a great hands-on Christian education. I'd also like to thank every teacher I've had for teaching me everything I know in such an involved and caring manner. I'll be graduating from this shcool with the rest of my class in 2012.

Posted October 17, 2010
I like this school, Mrs Ferrufino and Mrs Martinez are excellent teachers, the only thing I wish is that the school teaches more spanish to the kids, because more than 80% of the students are hispanic.

Posted August 26, 2010
I am sorry to said That bring my child To calusa was a Big mistake. I beleive that the school needs improvements and take more care in the middle and high school Kids.

Posted June 06, 2010
I find this school and its teachers to be top rated. They take the time to consider each child and what it takes for them to excel. Mrs. Rei is an amazing teacher. I can't say enough about her. My child will be attending here next year.

Calusa Preparatory School
12515 Southwest 72nd Street, Miami, FL  33183
Last modified Calusa Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Calusa Preparatory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top