St Louis Covenant School
Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted June 18, 2015
This school isn't what it used to be. Parents are pulling their kids out. Ever since The new principle got here, he's changed a lot. For example, he's changing the uniform next year to polyester guayaberas, forgetting that not everybody in the world is Hispanic. Also, he's hired two bad math teachers in a row. One that got fired in the 2013-2014 school year, and one that got a bunch of complaints from parents and students during the 2014-2015 school year, but still has her job. That being said, I still love this school because of who is in it, and the people I surround myself with. But I think it's going downhill, and if someone doesn't do something soon, a lot of people are going to leave. You might think about the new gym they're going to build, but guess what? They used the money the class of 2015 raised for the gym instead of the graduation party, which had to be held in the cafeteria. All my respect to the principal, and all the administration, but you guys really need to get into the classrooms. For a whole class so you can see what's happening. Maybe that can explain why some of the 8th grade boys were so behind in math. What I'm trying to say is, this school needs help, and it needs it now.

Posted January 30, 2015
I am I former student from St. Louis and I graduated not too long ago when the old principal was there. Let me tell you this school is definitely not what it was a couple years ago. The new principal could care less about the students education and only cares about the appearance of the school like new technology and remodeling. When parents complain he simply brushes them off as if it were no big deal. I have a family member that goes there now and every week they are celebrating something by not having any homework and eating loads of sugar in class. Of course the kids are happy but they aren't learning anything. Most of the good teachers are gone. This school is as good as dead and it would be a BIG mistake to send your kid here. The middle schoolers are in for a rude awakening when they enter high school because they will not be prepared. It's sad to see that everything that made this school special is gone.
2 people found this helpful

St Louis Covenant School 4

Posted May 29, 2014
Favoritism with some teachers, science specially, her children always winning science projects, major conflict of interest!!!!

Posted January 14, 2014
A parent My kids love the school and there teachers. As a parent I feel happy to leave them everyday in the school, teachers are always smiling and the principal takes time to be there everywhere in other schools you only see the principals in really special occasions.

Posted November 28, 2013
I graduated from this school two years ago and let me just start by saying that bullying is a huge problem. There are some kids there that are mean just to be mean. I was bullied myself and was very verbally abused. It was so bad that sometimes I cried over how miserable it was. It is a school filled with cliques and nobody does anything about it. They just tell them not to do it again and then just expect them to change. And besides the bullying aspect, the school itself is terrible. The teachers are terrible at controlling their classrooms and they know they're bad at it because they stress way too much whenever they try to get accepted into the archdiocese. It's all fake. The teachers are super strict and the littlest thing means detention. And they used to charge you ten bucks for detention (but I am happy to mention that does not go on anymore). Speaking your mind at this school is considered inappropriate behavior. I have friends now and some of them are even the ones from the school because not ALL of them are bullies, but most of them are. I'm only writing this because I don't want your children to go through what I went through. And others would agree with me.
2 people found this helpful

Posted July 03, 2013
This is a great school, my son will start first grade next year. He loves it. It's very small classes and the teachers are excellent.

Posted June 26, 2013
Im your best source because this is a student.i think you should all no this school is fake,the teachers lie about everything and the school is bad at dealing with issues they deal with it for a week then give up.this school is so materialistic.The teachers and staff are a huge part in the school but they dont realize because theyre the reason the school is so bad.Half the teacher barely know how to teach and they call students names and cuss in front of the class,I learned new words this year but not from worldly wise.Not all the teachers are bad id say 1/20 of the teachers are fine.There is absolutely nothing I like about this school.My school could improve by actually being a good school,giving the students surveys and the students have to be 100% honest and they would actually listen to the kids,ask what teachers are good,what the school needs,and stuff like that,i think this horrid school could become 35% better.Oh and favoritism is HUGE! This school is not right for anyone! Please take my advice and NEVER come here trust me!

Posted June 14, 2013
I love this school. My daughter has learned how to read in kindergarten. Amazing teachers, very caring.

Posted May 09, 2013
My son is about to graduate and I want to say a few things about his school. St. Louis Covenant School is a wonderful community of families who come together to grow in their faith. Well, my family has had this experience. Not only are we better Catholics, but my son and his older brother who graduated and is in high school, have received a very strong education. I think the school works very hard to make the school academically competitive and in my opinion, they succeed. My older son has tracked in honors classes in high school and my son at St. Louis is also an honors student. We just learned that the principal is leaving and I am glad my sons were there during her leadership. All of the administrators are committed to the students are are women of deep faith. It is clear that they love the kids and do whatever is in their best interest. If you are looking for a strong faith community with high academic standards, you will find that at St. Louis.

Posted May 09, 2013
My school is the best! The teachers are really nice and work hard to make us good students and ready for high school. I love the laptop program that we have as I don't have to carry so many books and it's neat having my computer with me every day. The teachers make learning fun. I know my parents really like the school and the people who run it. I hear my friends from other schools talk about their school and they don't like the teachers so I am happy I am at St. Louis

St Louis Covenant School
7270 Southwest 120th Street, Miami, FL  33156
Last modified St Louis Covenant School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Louis Covenant School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top