St. Louis Covenant School

Private | PK-8

Living in Miami

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $381,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,200.

Sweep tile

Posted January 14, 2014

A parent My kids love the school and there teachers. As a parent I feel happy to leave them everyday in the school, teachers are always smiling and the principal takes time to be there everywhere in other schools you only see the principals in really special occasions.

Posted November 28, 2013

I graduated from this school two years ago and let me just start by saying that bullying is a huge problem. There are some kids there that are mean just to be mean. I was bullied myself and was very verbally abused. It was so bad that sometimes I cried over how miserable it was. It is a school filled with cliques and nobody does anything about it. They just tell them not to do it again and then just expect them to change. And besides the bullying aspect, the school itself is terrible. The teachers are terrible at controlling their classrooms and they know they're bad at it because they stress way too much whenever they try to get accepted into the archdiocese. It's all fake. The teachers are super strict and the littlest thing means detention. And they used to charge you ten bucks for detention (but I am happy to mention that does not go on anymore). Speaking your mind at this school is considered inappropriate behavior. I have friends now and some of them are even the ones from the school because not ALL of them are bullies, but most of them are. I'm only writing this because I don't want your children to go through what I went through. And others would agree with me.

Posted October 2, 2013

New principal not open to new ideas. Drop off and pick up a nightmare. Should address issues about previous school where he came from.

Posted July 3, 2013

This is a great school, my son will start first grade next year. He loves it. It's very small classes and the teachers are excellent.

Posted June 26, 2013

Im your best source because this is a student.i think you should all no this school is fake,the teachers lie about everything and the school is bad at dealing with issues they deal with it for a week then give up.this school is so materialistic.The teachers and staff are a huge part in the school but they dont realize because theyre the reason the school is so bad.Half the teacher barely know how to teach and they call students names and cuss in front of the class,I learned new words this year but not from worldly wise.Not all the teachers are bad id say 1/20 of the teachers are fine.There is absolutely nothing I like about this school.My school could improve by actually being a good school,giving the students surveys and the students have to be 100% honest and they would actually listen to the kids,ask what teachers are good,what the school needs,and stuff like that,i think this horrid school could become 35% better.Oh and favoritism is HUGE! This school is not right for anyone! Please take my advice and NEVER come here trust me!

Posted June 14, 2013

I love this school. My daughter has learned how to read in kindergarten. Amazing teachers, very caring.

Posted May 9, 2013

My son is about to graduate and I want to say a few things about his school. St. Louis Covenant School is a wonderful community of families who come together to grow in their faith. Well, my family has had this experience. Not only are we better Catholics, but my son and his older brother who graduated and is in high school, have received a very strong education. I think the school works very hard to make the school academically competitive and in my opinion, they succeed. My older son has tracked in honors classes in high school and my son at St. Louis is also an honors student. We just learned that the principal is leaving and I am glad my sons were there during her leadership. All of the administrators are committed to the students are are women of deep faith. It is clear that they love the kids and do whatever is in their best interest. If you are looking for a strong faith community with high academic standards, you will find that at St. Louis.

Posted May 9, 2013

My school is the best! The teachers are really nice and work hard to make us good students and ready for high school. I love the laptop program that we have as I don't have to carry so many books and it's neat having my computer with me every day. The teachers make learning fun. I know my parents really like the school and the people who run it. I hear my friends from other schools talk about their school and they don't like the teachers so I am happy I am at St. Louis

Posted May 5, 2013

I am a student at St. Louis in the 8th grade, about to graduate and I'm very disappointed of how my classmates are writing reviews that are not true. There is no bullying problem, and the school does not fake anything! The teachers do not rehearse us when there is an inspector, the teachers have no clue that they come that is why it is called a "Surprise Inspection." With the laptops if you are on the wrong website they give you 3 strikes then you get a detention, a review said "You get suspended even if it by accident", how can it be by "accident" if you know you are not allowed to go on certain websites. The school also has blocking, so you cannot go on anything inappropriate. Another thing P.E and Movement are not separated the girls and boys are mixed. Most important the teachers are excellent! I have learned so much and it has really prepared me for high school. My friends in the other schools have not learned as much as us. I am going to miss this school when I graduate it has became like a second home to me. If you decide to bring you daughter/son here, you will see you child grow in faith and academics. It will be the best decision you will make for your child's education.

Posted February 17, 2013

St. Louis is a school that teaches values as well as academics. St. Louis holds high academic standards. We, the teachers, teach because it is our calling to teach the children of God. Each day we get up and go to work to serve The Lord. We care about our children and I can attest to that because I treat them all as if they were my own. I have taught at many schools but St. Louis is a special place. I know that when my 8th graders graduate, they are not only ready for the academic challenge but ready to stand and be proud of who they are. Students are taught the beauty of their faith and to appreciate all the blessings The Lord has bestowed on us all. I am proud to be surrounded by so many talented and gifted teachers. Each of us have a gift and we are all unique in our own special way. However, together we are one and we work to serve His children. St. Louis is a special place that is dedicated to teaching children strong academics as well as faith.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 14, 2013

I am a student in this school and am really upset that some kids write bad things about my school. The teachers are really nice and so are the kids. I love that my school has a laptop program and we get our books on the internet. The school has great sports, we have won basketball and volleyball trophies. We have a great lunch system at our school so my mom doesn't have to make me lunch every day. <My sister graduated from this school and is really doing well in her honors classes in high school.

Posted October 16, 2012

*****continued****** and they got flat screens in like every classroom. when the inspector guy came one of the workers (woont say who) barely rubbed her hand across the shelf and said this is all the dust we get, there was dust bunnnies falling off, and theres WAY more dust than that! and we got laptops this year, its better than having to carry our books in the hall like last year but the websites always have mishaps! they say there gonna give a bunch of detentions and suspensions if youre on the wrong website even if its an accident. i dont think they will but whatever. also in computers class the teacher told us that they basically stalk us on instagram and facebook!!!! who do they think they are, looking at us. i get they want to see who we are but really only in high school and college should they do that! oh and now we have PE and movement at the same time, and the boys and girls cant have PE and movement together. THats like segregation! i mean really whos genious idea was that, not only do the students hate it but so do the PE and dance teachers! ********im still not done, look on next review***********

Posted September 9, 2012

i am a student and i hate this school. i am in eight grade and i cant wait to leave! everything is fake, the teachers cant controll the kids, and bullying is a big problem. they will fake anything as long as it passes the archdiocese. also. they put stuff on your record like crazy here. and whenever there is an inspection, the teachers never say this, so i am your best source, the teachers super clean and tell us to answer the questions. they practically rehearse with us. that is just sad. also, we are not allowed to question our religion. my friend asked how we knew the bible was real and the teacher gave him a detention, WHICH YOU HAVE TO PAY TEN DOLLARS FOR, AND TIMES ARE ROUGH, and gave him some speech with all that stuff about "believing" and "faith", but as adolescents we really want to know things with proven facts. and dont you need to question things to learn about them? the religion classes are basically all that stuff about believe, faith, and god. so on the tests, if we dont know an answer, we just put some stuff about believing and our savior and we get a 100. SERIOUSLY, IT ALMOST MAKES ME NOT WANT TO BE A CATHOLIC ANYMORE!! THEY DONT LET US SHOW OUR INDIVIDUALITY!!!!

Posted May 21, 2012

There are some great things about St.Louis but they're also some horrible things. The great things are that some of the teachers are really good and want to help you achieve high grades. I, as a student currently in the sixth grade, believe that the social life you have to live with while in this school is horrid. There has been 2 fist fights within just one month, the girls are completely snotty beyond belief, the boys have 0 respect for the girls, and whenever a teacher tries to solve the bullying, it only gets worse. The administration tries to cover/ignore the fact that bullying is a serious issue in this school. I have been verbally bullied since I entered this school 3 years ago. It has been the worst three years of my life. Gossip is like wild fire in this school! Not to mention some (few) teachers are honestly plain terrible. I will come home in a bad mood just because a teacher screams at us for the silliest reasons. Also some teachers just forget how to teach well. I also very much dislike that we do not have a very big veriety of activities, such as cheerleading. Detentions are given out like candy in this school. Bullying is a HUGE problem. I DO NOT RECOMEND!!

Posted November 26, 2011

the school, especially once your kids get into the upper grades becomes very cliquey and the children become very mean and extremely snotty.

Posted November 24, 2011

I was previously a student in this school. I graduated a while from this school and there are both good and bad aspects to it. Most bad. The education in this school is advanced and to be acknowledged as good. And as for teachers, there are good ones and bad ones, as in any school. The issue is the religious aspect. As a child or adolescent, you must be permitted to question your religion and that is also necessary in order to gain a better understanding of it. In this school no questioning is allowed, and it is practically rubbed into your face. The last time I checked that is not what Catholicism is about. If I ever do much as dared to ask the religion teacher a question I was shut down or given a rather unlogical answer. Also, the amount of enforcement of harsh rules is also unnecessary. Even at its highest grade level; so much as a "bad word" would be strictly enforced. Rules are necessary, but there is a line that should not be crossed in strictness, and they cross it. And the issue is also that they hand out detentions and other things that go on your record like candy. They also fake nearly everything to be accepted into the arch-diocese. Do not send your child here.

Posted October 1, 2011

We love the school. This is our 2nd year at St. Louis. The education my son received during his first year was by far top notch. Yes they may move teachers around, but so what. The teachers all have advanced education and know how to adjust to the grade levels they teach that year. From the administration, teachers and parents, it is the best school that describes what a community is all about. St. Louis Covenant School defines excellence in education.

Posted June 29, 2011

The school is hard to pin down as far as a rating because while some teachers are amazingly dedicated to providing the best education possible for the students, others simply make it through the year performing average at best. The school has a high annual turn over rate for teachers and those that stay are moved to a different position just about every year. They are trying to be an amazing school and may one day achieve that distinction, but are currently still trying to get all staff members on board.

Posted March 23, 2011

Good school, good values and parent involvement. Concerned about my child's first grade teacher. She discusses private matters of child;s performance and behavior at time of drop off in front of other parents, She is extremely picky, emotional at times and i feel lacks professionalism. Wants every child to be a superstar, not realistic, i think she wants to be known as the "tough" teacher where your child learned the most at. She may be teaching them curriculing too advanced for thier level. The principal may not be aware of it.

Posted April 17, 2010

This school is about values and respect and of course the Catholic faith. The education is very strong and the teachers and adminstration are caring and kind. A lot of the teachers have advanced degrees and they all seem to get along so well. As a parent, I love that I can be involved in my child's education. I work lunch, the classroom and on a school ministry. I also love that the young priest in the parish is at the school all the time. I recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a family environment with people who care about children.

Two or more races 7% N/A
Asian 0% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Miami

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

7270 SW 120th St