No rating

Killian Oaks Academy

Living in Miami

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $98,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,200.

Sweep tile

Posted April 12, 2014

Killian Oaks Academy is priceless! My child's skills have soared and her confidence has flourished at Killian Oaks Academy. The administration ensures that each child is supported socially, academically, and personally. My daughter always feels she is at home at Killian Oaks Academy. We are overjoyed!

Posted February 4, 2014

Killian Oaks Academy views learning as a scientific process that engages student's attention through well researched strategies and techniques. Our daughter was lost in her previous school and she was labeled as an underachiever. She is now happy, enjoying school, completing her work, and understanding how to learn. We are deeply grateful for all Killian Oaks has done for our daughter!

Posted January 13, 2014

I found the best school for my daughter and it is Killian Oaks Academy. My daughter was having a hard time with the students at her previous school and then we discovered K.O.A. which helps nurture their student's social skills. They guide them into developing friendships through their school sponsored extra curricular activities. I am ecstatic with her social and academic progress.

Posted November 25, 2013

Words cannot express what Killian Oaks Academy has done for our daughter. She is happy and loves school again. The director is a compassionate professional who understands my child and mentors me as a parent. The director of the school truly cares and so does her staff. What a wonderful community to be in!

Posted November 20, 2013

Killian Oaks Academy rescued our son from failure and helped him discover his abilities. My husband and I are forever grateful!

Posted November 20, 2013

Killian Oaks Academy is a magical school that helps to heal students and impowers them with the ability to learn and self advocate. The administration and staff are exceptional professionals that always go the out of their way to meet the academic, emotional and socail needs of the students. I highly reccomend that you trust Killian Oaks Academy with your children.

Posted November 20, 2013

Killian Oaks Academy embraced our family and nurtured our children. They have the most caring administrators and dedicated staff. We have all found a home. Thank you so much for all that you do!!!!!!

Posted October 9, 2013

Killian Oaks Academy is an exceptional school with a dynamic staff and an administration that makes you feel like family. The rigorous curriculum is adapted to each student's individual academic abilities and students learn how to learn. Killian Oaks Academy prepares them for their future college experience.

Posted July 23, 2013

Miracles happen at Killian Oaks Academy. For the first time, my daughter rushes me to get to school! She is now reading, understands math, is writing essays and she loves everyone at school. My life as a parent has been transformed. If you want to make a difference in your child's life, go visit Killian Oaks Academy, they have changed our family's life in the most beautiful way!

Posted June 9, 2013

Killian Oaks Academy brought out all the potential that I knew was in my child. He graduated this year with honors after an eight year journey in his second home. The administration and staff worked tirelessly to help him become the confident, intelligent, magnificently talented, and happy young man he is today. The words thank you are not enough to express our gratitude.

Posted April 13, 2013

After visiting many schools I walked into Killian Oaks Academy and found understanding, compassion, and the expertise to help our family. My son was beginning to give up and Killian Oaks has returned his confidence and sense of self-worth. He is now above level in all academic areas. His teachers are wonderful, the administration is approachable and always go beyond the call of duty. Together they have helped him blossom socially and academically. Gratitude cannot begin to express how valuable Killian Oaks Academy is to our son and to our family.

Posted March 24, 2013

Killian Oaks Academy has an extraordinary academic program. My daughter is so proud of herself. She is now reading, and reads everywhere we go, from streert signs to menus in restaurants. Killian Oaks has helped her discover the joy of learning and we are so happy. Their focus on helping each child discover the gift within has helped my child believe in herself and trust the world again.

Posted March 19, 2013

My children love going to school everyday! Killian Oaks Academy nurtures then spiritually and challenges them academically. As a teacher myself, I appreciate their multi-modal approach where information is presented to my son and daughter according to their unique learning styles. My children's study skills have thrived. They have learned how to highlight important facts, write outlines, summarize information and study for tests. Their scores and abilities continue to improve. Thank you Killian Oaks Academy!

Posted March 18, 2013

Killian Oaks Academy helped my son to overcome his learning and attentional difficulties. He is now attending the Dual Enrollment program in college and receving straight A's. He learned how to study and how to organize himself at KOA. The administration and staff have been a part of our family for the past 11 years. I am so greatful for the loving guidance and support our son and family continue to receive.

Posted March 13, 2013

Let's be clear and specific what is really true. In my experience of sending my son there for the past years, it was yet a success. We went all over the place to find the right school for his learning disability and we did a huge leap on finding Killian Oaks Academy. The classroom environment is superb, yet the faculty changes within every month. I'll be realistic on what is really there and what is not for your future references. Education wise, based on 1-on-1 attention it is to the fullest. However, it is not quite a preparation for college. AP/Honor classes there are regular classes in a traditional high school. The after school activities are ridiculous, its not like anywhere else that the student could create his/her own club such as Glee club. You have to pay just to enter a club, when everywhere else is just signing up and walk in. For example, one of the clubs is only half an hour for an insane price that is not even worth the time. When it comes to exams, they give you what will be on the test, not actual studying experience. They say more than what they do in general. Creativity is against the rules there. Great for K-8. Not any further.

Posted February 17, 2013

Killian Oaks Academy pushed me and I go there! I am graduating from U.M. thanks to K.O.A. Killian Oaks helped me develop my orgnizatonal ans study skills, and above all, my belief in myself. The administration encouraged me to participate in the Dual Enrollmen Program and I saw how I could attend college under K.O.A.'s menorship. I am grateful for their guidance, support, and exceptional program.
—Submitted by a student

Posted February 16, 2013

Killian Oaks Academy awakened my son and daughter's true potential and helped them excel academically. We were frustrated by the many labels we heard such as dyslexic, dyscalculic, dysgraphic, and ADD. We knew our children were very intelligent and could learn. Killian Oaks Academy supported us as parents and focussed on developing our children's many abilities. They helped them realize their true potential. Our children are happy and confident. Thank you for all you do everyday.

Posted January 24, 2013

KOA was a breath of fresh air for our son! When he was in kindergarten, our son experienced a few delays. Unfortunately, the school he was in did not believe in accommodating his learning in any way, so we had to find a place that would work with him and honor his style of learning at his pace. At kinder he was coming home with "Fs" and very depressed. We visited many schools, in spending just one day at KOA, our son was a completely different person. He was happy, confident, and excited to do school work. That's all it took. Today, many years later, our son is doing great and heading off to high school. We are greateful for KOA.

Posted November 12, 2012

Great educational program, great staff, and the most dedicated and caring human beings. Killian Oaks helped our daughter believe in herself. Thank you KOA - you've truly made a difference in our lives.

Posted November 5, 2012

This school is amazing. My child is in the hands of the most professional and loving educators in all Miami. As soon as you walk into the school you know that you are surrounded by a family. Every effort is taken to ensure that each parent and student knows that they are part of a special community. Each teacher works together with the principal to make sure that each child reaches their fullest potential.

Asian 8% N/A

Specific academic themes or areas of focus
  • Special education
Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

10545 SW 97th Ave