PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Some teachers really don't try to help your child exceed when they have difficulties. Instead of working with the child, they are quick to judge and blame the parents for their shortcomings. There is lack of communication between teachers with principal and parents. There is also favoritism with children if the parents are alumni of the school.

Amount of homework: Agree

I think that the school with Homework is very effectivieve

Because Westwood Christian school is one of the best things that have happened to me it has made me feel closer to God

Westwood Christian Academy teaches students the word of God and the practices of their daily lives. This school guarantees your child to be professional and well mannered. This school teaches discipline that will mold your child to be great young men/women. The teachers and administrators take it among themselves to help our children be great. The teachers educate and discipline always with love and mercy of Christ.

Develops character: Strongly agree

WITHOUT ANY DOUBTS IN MY MIND YES THEY DO. WE EXPERIENCE THAT WE ARE SON.

The level of education went beyond my expectations. I took my time to visit many private schools in miami, and took a close look of their curriculums (really good ones), so by the time we decided to stay at Westwood we did have a very good idea of what it is offered outside. The programs Westwood offers to our kids they are wonderful and do not have the need to be compared with any other school. Adding to that, the have a WONDERFUL way in teaching our kids THE VALUE OF VALUES, helping understand the meaning OF RESPECT and everything else that quality implies. Leading by example is one of their basics. And there is something we have experienced that makes our experience exceed our expectations is that we feel warm, welcome, well received avery single day.

THIS IS A B SCHOOL WITH C+ teachers. Everyone seemed really nice at first but when I was called (out of work) to pick up my daughter because her skirt was half an inch above her knee (yes, half an inch) I knew something was not right. They were very rude & judgmental. They said if i didn't pick her up she'd have to stay in the office the rest of the day. I pulled my kid out of this school shortly after when her grades started to slip. She has always been an A student & started getting Cs. Teachers are really not great. Curriculum is horrible. They are interested in making "Christian soldiers " & nothing else. They do NOT care about teaching your child anything other than religion; not morals or how to be a positive member of society just religion. Religion finds its way into every classroom. I have met alumni from this school & it seems you either turn out very rebellious from being so repressed & sheltered OR you become a missionary. Good Luck & I truly hope this helps someone. PLEASE, keep looking for private schools. God Bless!

WCS is an amazing Bible-based education school with compassionate teachers and administrators. The preschool program is outstanding. We just finished Kindergarten and have excelled in all disciplines, are writing in cursive and reading at a 3rd grade level. Our child loves school and learning and are proud to be a part of the WCS family.

Westwood Christian is an excellent school and we are so glad that we made the decision to put our children within a Christian environment. Not only are they receiving a top notch education with professors that really truly care, but they are learning to establish themselves on the foundation of God's word. The facilities are top notch, about 20 acres in Horse Country, a multi-million dollar facility that has been recently renovated. The Fine Arts Music Program is incredible, and sports offered as well. Just a fantastic well-rounded school. And now there is a PTO with much more parent involvement which has been refreshing as well. I would not have my children anywhere else in all of Miami!

I started my daughter in Prek 3 and she is now in 2nd Grade. I have been more than pleased with the education that my daughter has received at this school. Unlike many other private schools and of course public schools classes are small which allow allot of one on one time. The teachers stay in constant communication with parents via email, texting, school website etc. You are always informed as to what your child is doing. The school does need more extra activites for the elementary school and they have improved a little this year. Having said that I prefer to deal with the lack of extra activities and know that my daughter is receiving exceptional education, one on one with her teachers, and small classrooms. You may have a star teacher but with 35 students you are limited. I highly recommend this school.

Last modified Westwood Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12