Public charter
Miami, FL
Before care: Yes

Pinecrest Preparatory Academy 3

Posted November 02, 2014
PPA for being a charter is ok but is not like it use to be before but hopefully with the new principle things will shape up better. Like any other school your child might have an excellent teacher that informs you about your child progress and there are other teachers that I am not sure why they are even teaching because no matter how nice they might be at the end that child might not be getting what they really need. Every child learn different and there no way of pushing a child more then a child is able to handle every day in a classroom. If a teacher is not there to work with the parent and the child is really hard for the child to really make any progress no matter how hard that parent work with that child. In this school is really hard for teacher to send any assignment that you as a parent would like to review if the grade is not that great. sometimes as a parent I wonder what happen that day in that assignment that my child got the grade he or she got. It will be nice for teachers to send those assignment home for parents to sign and return. Also not that many like responsing to emails when a parent has a concern.

Posted July 09, 2014
Think twice before sending your children here. This school is all about the MONEY. They can care less about the students nor are the teachers skilled to be teaching. Very unprofessional administration that do not care about what is going on with our children and their education. Teachers do not have nor want communication with parents other than making sure the money asked is brought in. If its about money you definitely have their attention. My 3 children attended PPA for two years and sad to say its not at all what we expected. Do yourself and most importantly your children a favor....DO NOT GO TO PPA. There are numerous schools in the area with much better teachers and administration. This school needs a definite overhaul in order to be and produce what our children seek...AN EDUCATION. There is no passion to teach and the teachers simply don't care.

Posted January 02, 2014
this school is very good and i know because i was once a student here

Posted August 14, 2013
This school is one of the best in the area, even after most of the longtime teachers left to Pinecrest Cove, it is one of the best schools still. And its becoming better everyday! Some people say that it has become worse after they opened Pinecrest Cove, but it's going to get better!

Posted August 05, 2013
Congratulations on being an A school once again. You are AMAZING! Your hard work and dedication shows!

Posted June 04, 2013
This school has changed for the worse in the last couple of years. Some teachers have lost their passion and it shows. Just a major disappointment all around. Teachers are not reaching the kids and the FCAT scores prove that. I will be moving my kids to EKB- one of the top schools in the Kendall area.

Posted January 29, 2013
PPA is a school for those of us who want our children to be leaders. The teachers and administration have very high expectations for the students, all of which I am in favor. Perhaps the homework load is demanding, and the curriculum demanding, but I prefer that. I know my children are getting a solid foundation that will carry them over to middle school and beyond. Mrs. Santana and Dr. Ferrand have done a superb job preparing my eldest for middle school. She has been placed in advanced classes and keeps up with the load, all thanks to those two wonderful ladies. I highly recommend this school to anyone and everyone who wants their child to be challenged.

Pinecrest Preparatory Academy 3

Posted December 05, 2012
This school has Pros and Cons: Pros: -Good education -Parental Involvement Cons: -Very small classrooms with too many students (tiny classroms overcrowded with 24+ students since Kindergarten) -Some teachers seem not to enjoy teaching and are very cold with their students. -Principal is NEVER available, you'll never see her in the hallways with the students. -Music, Art and PE are always cancelled because if the teacher didn't have time to complete the lesson plan they will cancel special area classes. There are better schools in the area, we are happy that we moved from PPA to a public elementary school with wonderful teachers, great administration, excellent curriculum and special area classes.

Posted November 04, 2012
I agree to this message, my daughter also started to the school and she has Mr.Acosta for 4th grade. When she was done with the first week, she told me that she is impressed with the school. If she loves it, I do too. Go panthers!

Posted July 19, 2012
This is the worst charter school in the world. The teachers have little experience and the rooms are crowded with 25+ kids. There are no teacher assistants, two comps per classroom, and special area classes are always canceled. They only care about the supply donations and are always asking for money. I took both my kids from this school and they are happy in a public school.

Pinecrest Preparatory Academy
14301 Southwest 42nd Street, Miami, FL  33175
Last modified Pinecrest Preparatory Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pinecrest Preparatory Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 84 reviews. Top