537 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Bilingual ,, Excelent .. This a Excelent school , Excelent teacher. Inglish and Spanish ,,the team is friendly and niece . The teachers is very younger

mi hijo curso el ano 2015 en vpk un programa del gobierno para ninos que ya hayan cumplido los 4 anos, es por loteria , asi que fui muy afortunada que mi hijo fuera elegido. las maestras de vpk son excelentes , la comunicación es excepcional, el aprendizaje fue enorme para mi hijo que entró sin saber nada y termino con magníficos grados, porque los evalúan antes durante y al finalizar el curso y fue maravilloso ver su progreso. hacen varias actividades durante el curso escolar y hasta ahora no tengo quejas de la escuela conozco a todo el personal de la escuela y me involucro en todo lo que pueda para ayudar y cubrir las necesidades de mi hijo. fantástica escuela la recomiendo (5 estrellas)

The best school. The best personal. The best teachers. The best students. Great school in SW of miami

This school is excellent because of its administration, its teachers and all the staff. This school is great because of the engaged its students have with all the human being I mentioned above A+++

This is a wonderful school with an incredible program and even more incredible academic culture. I purposely transferred my daughter from private parochial school to this school in order to benefit from the dual language and gifted programs; I am elated how well this choice has panned out. The administrative staff and teachers are involved, caring, and appropriately demanding. My daughter has flourished under the stern guidance of a gifted teacher who refuses to accept "I can't," or "it's too difficult." Incredibly, with this kind of encouragement, my daughter has learned to love learning!!! I am so impressed with the program at this school that I enrolled my son in their VPK program starting in the fall, 2010 - my little guy is excited about "learning stiff" like his sister! What a delight for a parent to know that their children WANT to learn. Thank you Dr. Carlos J. Finlay Elementary!

I think Dr. Carlos J Finlay is a great school! My daughter is now in 4th grade and I believe that the curriculum at Dr. Carlos J Finlay is challenging, as it should be. The Principal is very involved and committed, as well as, all other staff to offering the best education possible. In my experience the teachers that I have dealt with have been excellent. I believe they communicate what is necessary to assist the students to progress. Part of being a parent is participating actively in our child's education. While the teachers are there to teach, it is also our responsibility as parents, to reinforce the importance of studying and paying attention in class.

It's a truly great and skeeterific school!

I have 4 kids and they have attended this school since 2004. My oldest son already finished elementary school and the other 3 are still there. I love the environment, the teachers are excellent and dedicated, they changed the principal recently. Ther previous principal was quite a character, she was very energetic and impressed me when I first came because she was always pushing kids to be their best and telling them things like 'When there is a will, there is a way', 'We are simply, the best', etc, etc. As simple as it seems, it does a lot to their self steem and spirit of achievement. The new principal has a different style, but is a sweet and caring person, very professional and kind -- she has different strengths and it is so far doing a great job.

I do not like the school. Not all children benefit from the dual language; some have a hard time with the Spanish especially when English is the primary language at home. Most of the time I am the one that teaches my son what the teachers are suppose to teach. All the administration at Finlay care about is the attendance and FCAT, to which they put to much emphasis in. They need to worry more about the education they offer the kids and not how much they can get if student go to school everyday. My son has prefect attendance does not learn much at Finlay.

This school is fantastic. Their bilingual program is the #1 reason, why I placed my child in this school. The teachers are great, knowledgeable and talented. I look forward to many years with my children at Finlay Elementary.

Last modified Dr. Carlos J. Finlay Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.