Miami, FL

Posted March 21, 2012
Update to comment left 10-11-11: I have nothing but positive feedback about Hubert O Sibley Elementary. I found out that you can go online to review and print school calandars!! What an awesome tool, as this information is always available at my fingertips if I should ever need it :) My daughter got an even BETTER report card this time, her teacher is very helpful; she sends the kids with access to the internet home with great learning sites to complete 3x weekly to enrich their minds, while having fun & learning!! My daughter gets excited about her homework, and we reward her for her good behavior! We are very pleased with this school, and would be more than happy to send her back for 1st grade. :)

Posted March 20, 2012
Here we go again, I am really upset with this school once again. Over the spring break the children were sent home with a project to do that was supposed to be due on March 22, 2012 so the paper says. Yesterday my daughter comes home to tell me that she is going to get a lower grade on the project because she didn't turn it in the first day back from spring break which by the way is MARCH 19TH!! I called the school to talk to the teacher (which I do all the time) but NOW all of a sudden you can't get transferred to classrooms. Where is the notice that this is no longer in effect? Not to mention a couple of weeks ago my daughter missed her bus because the substitute wouldn't let them out because the kids were talking? I was no where near the school and I had no one to pick her up ALTHOUGH I pay for her a ride home. This is crazy! This school is so unorganized and needs to really get things together and find some more friendly office staff. My daughter will be transferred OUT of this school next year!

Posted October 10, 2011
The thing I hate about this school is that I am never updated about my child's progress. Once you see a child failing a parent teacher conference should be initiated or a phone call before it gets abhorrently worse. My daughter's progress is steadily declining and I received not one phone call. Today I tried to call the office at 3:15pm (please keep in mind the office closes at 4:00p.m.) NO ANSWER! It's 3:45 and still no answer. I am really fed up with this school you have no idea!

Hubert O. Sibley K-8 Center 0

Posted August 27, 2009
Last year, they were a 'D' school. This year, they're an 'A' school. Obviously, they're doing something right! The teachers I have met are very passionate about helping the children succeed. I recommend the school- but not the Aftercare program. That is awful and should be used only if you have no other options.

Posted August 26, 2009
my child has improved,but waas very happy

Posted June 23, 2009

Posted April 25, 2009

Posted April 09, 2009

Posted July 23, 2008

Posted July 19, 2008

Hubert O. Sibley K-8 Center
255 Northwest 115th Street, Miami, FL  33168
Last modified Hubert O. Sibley K-8 Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hubert O. Sibley K-8 Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top