Public charter
Miami, FL

Posted July 24, 2014
My son attended this school from 6th grade thru 8th grade. His experience was life changing because of the ever caring teachers and the dedicated principal. Gibson Charter maintained an enriching and safe environment for the students. In addition, the academic and extra curriculum activities were great. I urge everyone to check out the school website. Finally, the school s principal. Mr. Fareed Khan, always greets parents and student in the front of the school each morning. Mr. Khan is extremely attentive to the students' individual needs in addition to bring in activities and services (food baskets, free eye glasses) to benefit the students. .. E. Alyn

Posted October 08, 2013
I really have enjoyed the education that my children have received at this school. There level of academic excellence has far surpassed what I was expecting. The children seem to be enjoying what they are learning, and they are constantly being challenged. This scool is definitely a grade A school in my opinion.

Posted September 04, 2012
I love this school! This school was the best thing that could have happen to this area!! Everything is excellent from the principle down to the academic program they teach!! I miss this school but will soon try to get her back into Gibson!! For this school to be in a "poor" area us parents are really involved in the school and activities!

Posted May 23, 2010
I feel this school is a good school and is doing a great job. It has improved tremendously and the teachers and Principal or more than just leaders, but care about the lives of the children. I love the scholar program which gives students a chance to move up a level if needed or to progress at their academic levels. I love the performing Arts program they now have. There are music, chorus, drama and dance classes and a big performance on this Tuesday. It is getting better for a new school and in Overtown and is one our community and neighborhood needed. I will keep my two kids there and highly recommend the school to others who are looking for that "private" education for "free."

Theodore R. And Thelma A. Gibson Charter School 4

Posted May 18, 2010
I feel like Gibson Charter have gone a long way. I judge the school by the what I have seen, the progress. This school is getting better and better everyday. :)

Posted March 15, 2010
i am so happy they finally put a good school in our neighborhood. The staff at the Gibson school really care about my child and i am thankful for them

Posted November 29, 2009
this school changed my life! the year i spent there not only tought me edjucationally but street wise. i was there for 6th grade only wich was a shame the school was 6th grade only... the teacher was amazing and wish her the best!

Theodore R. And Thelma A. Gibson Charter School
4560 Northwest 4th Terrace, Miami, FL  33126
Last modified Theodore R. And Thelma A. Gibson Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Theodore R. And Thelma A. Gibson Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top