634 students|Dade

Bad
Good

Hi i was a student here and i loved it until my mom transfered me to a horrible school. It doesnt have much of a selecetion of after school activities when i was there.

Excelente escuela! me encanta q sacan el potencial del estudiante, son exigentes y eso es maravilloso en una escuela.

I have done a lot of research about the school and I just can say I am really happy with all the information I have found about mater academy east charter. I really like the exigency level I think they push the students hard and that is what I want from them, hopefully this will set strong basis for my son future!!

Elementary sw 4st.What I like about the school is that the security is excellent. There is always a police around the school and any school activities. My daughter has been there for 3 years now and she kind of hates it. They overwork and overwhelm students with this fcat/sat tests practice. Teachers are nice, administration are not open to feedback and always disorganized. Right now shoppin around for a new school.

They are very irresponsible, especially the assistant principal MR. Delgado. They told my daughter had to go to summer school. and when she arrived to the school, they send her back home without calling me to let me know she was sent back home. also my daughter, doesn't know how to go home alone, so i call the school and they said: she was sent home this morning. very irresponsible my daughter is 13 years old.

Unlike what the previous message said, this is an excellent school. The middle/high needs a lot of help. I have seen Mater Academy East take the time out for children who do not perform. If what she said were to be true the school would not even be operating because due to the location about 80% of the children who attend this school need extra help to excel. My hats off to the principal and teachers of this school. Keep up the good work.

I have my daughter in this school and my son in Mater Academy middle/high just down the street (different administration). This elementary school gets them self to the top of the list by shutting out the children who are not academicaly excellent and keeping only those that are and don't need much help. To me, a good school is one who teaches the kids that are not doing so good so that they can excell, not kicks them out to keep only the smart kids, just to get a good rating. The middle/high? That one works with kids to help them learn. My hats of to that one!

fcat result first,in the last place the importance of the children,always more interesting by how asking money at the parents .administration and some teachers are unpolite with the parents and sometimes with some children.some teachers have some preference with some children,like in the fourth grade. i don't think so that is the right way to educate and to love the children in this school.

I like this school because everyone is nice and cares about what's happening in the school.

The record speaks for itself; Mater Academy East was voted among the top 50 schools in the state.

Last modified Mater Academy East Charter is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.